Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    Nope,afraid its gone http://www.wowhead.com/spell=87935/serpent-sting
    You can check logs on WCL/WoL aswell,or shoot a dummy with arcane shot/ms,it just ticks now
    I think it was still in the beta,merged with Serpent sting passive for SV,but got removed along the way,seems like it anyway.
    I only get
    Critical Tick,Tick,Multistrike Critical Tick and Multistrike Tick in my logs/skada
    You won't see Improved serpent sting in your logs because it's gone, however Arcane/Multi shot instantly trigger a Serpent sting tick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timp View Post
    You won't see Improved serpent sting in your logs because it's gone, however Arcane/Multi shot instantly trigger a Serpent sting tick.
    Ah that makes sense,I figured it would still show as a separate damage source,this "pruning" just ends up confusing me,my bad then.
    Annoys me that it doesn't say ANYWHERE it actually does that,same with Trap Mastery,its nowhere in the spellbook or the talent section but it still exists and buffs the traps.
    Last edited by Miloscub; 2015-01-16 at 05:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM is vastly overrated and is only good if youre going for realm bests and have a tank that knows how to stack mobs, otherwise don't bother its not good. Better to play Surv.

Deleted
    Overrated? I don't think so. BM brings a on spot great AOE, while (for me) SV is mediocore in AOE - SV happes to be not that bursty and that's the point for CMs.
    I don't consider myself as an uber-CM theroycrafter and on paper - i guess - SV can beat BM sometimes, but if you actually play BM vs. SV in some CMs you feel the difference.
    Everbloom, UBRS, Grimrail, Docks etc. have heavy pulls, with high peaks of burst (not only hunters), where the fight goes for about 25-35 secs, for me - BM did better, in every pull.
    On the other hand, I was not BiS-geared for BM or SV. (I did respecc to MM on most of the fights, you actually have the time to do so)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gLock View Post
    Overrated? I don't think so. BM brings a on spot great AOE, while (for me) SV is mediocore in AOE - SV happes to be not that bursty and that's the point for CMs.
    I don't consider myself as an uber-CM theroycrafter and on paper - i guess - SV can beat BM sometimes, but if you actually play BM vs. SV in some CMs you feel the difference.
    Everbloom, UBRS, Grimrail, Docks etc. have heavy pulls, with high peaks of burst (not only hunters), where the fight goes for about 25-35 secs, for me - BM did better, in every pull.
    On the other hand, I was not BiS-geared for BM or SV. (I did respecc to MM on most of the fights, you actually have the time to do so)
    + 2 buffs.
    which is not small.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    + 2 buffs.
    which is not small.
    With the most common group setup you lose out stamina. A buff that doesn't increase your kill speed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    It's still in the game. Each time you cast Multi or Arcane you get an instant tick of Serpent Sting.

SV AoE burst is great with focusing shot and TotH.
    This. Not only are you wrong, Milo, but multistrikes of arcane and mutlishot also do a FULL proc of serpent sting.

I regularly do gold cm carries on my hunter and i used to spec swap all the time with bm/mm but now I just go SV the whole time since I am still able to pull 150k+ in big pulls with scales+coin and full multistrike gear. And sv is just such consistently high dmg at 630ilvl, if you have lucky coin+agi pot that's all the burst cd you need to still burst up to 50-60k in the opener on bosses

Quote Originally Posted by ramoncosta View Post
    BM for trash, MM for boss .
    but if you have 5 frenzy stacks and Lust for a boss, BM will be equal or better in single target .

you should focus Mastery for BM, second stat is either Multistrike or Crit, haste isn't that good for CMs .

ps: SV has no burst for CM, you shouldn't use this spec at all .
    Best stats for BM for CMs is haste and mastery... what are you on mate

I've tried BM many times, but for things like the damn crates and tight corridors on Grimrail, Blinkstrikes will most of the time leave you with no pet cos it's stuck in scenery... Switched to SV for all my Golds and did perfectly well. That 5 seconds you waste changing specs between BM and single target spec for bosses + starting off at low focus, just not worth it IMO.

Now if you have a crazy tank who stacks pulls like a boss, then I can see BM getting ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    Best stats for BM for CMs is haste and mastery... what are you on mate
    Common misconception

Try simming BM 10+ target on a 30 second pull, not a 450 second pull
    crit is way ahead of haste

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    I've tried BM many times, but for things like the damn crates and tight corridors on Grimrail, Blinkstrikes will most of the time leave you with no pet cos it's stuck in scenery... Switched to SV for all my Golds and did perfectly well. That 5 seconds you waste changing specs between BM and single target spec for bosses + starting off at low focus, just not worth it IMO.

Now if you have a crazy tank who stacks pulls like a boss, then I can see BM getting ahead.
    I can do over 20k as BM on every boss and when we lust I've done almost 30, with full crit/mastery gear. 20k on a boss is perfectly acceptable for CMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Common misconception

Try simming BM 10+ target on a 30 second pull, not a 450 second pull
    crit is way ahead of haste

- - - Updated - - -

I can do over 20k as BM on every boss and when we lust I've done almost 30, with full crit/mastery gear. 20k on a boss is perfectly acceptable for CMs.
    How high is your Mastery in % in your CM set? I'm trying to see how far off my set is and to compare. My only attempt at BM CM is on Iron Docks where on the first boss I barely did more than 15k DPS as BM. Blink Strikes is really aids in that narrow corridor with so many crates for your pet to get stuck in.
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

BM is best for trash unless your group is very unskilled, and if this is the case then it doesn't matter what spec your DPS is.
    Build a full mastery set, and enjoy the constant buffs BM is getting.
    Every other week they get stronger and stronger, and the brilliance is its to tune towards more raid viability, but in turn they keep getting better for CM.

Realistically though, all hunter specs are good, just BM is the best because you can bring 2 buffs + lust, and zzzmode AOE.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    BM is best for trash unless your group is very unskilled, and if this is the case then it doesn't matter what spec your DPS is.
    Build a full mastery set, and enjoy the constant buffs BM is getting.
    Every other week they get stronger and stronger, and the brilliance is its to tune towards more raid viability, but in turn they keep getting better for CM.

Realistically though, all hunter specs are good, just BM is the best because you can bring 2 buffs + lust, and zzzmode AOE.
    I switched out of BM completely cos I had to constantly change specs for bosses, which waste a bunch of time when you're trying to achieve Gold first time round. From my own experience I never could crack 16k+ on boss fights as BM in CMs. Was wondering how much Mastery Dossou had that he could get 20k+ on bosses as well in BM. If I could do that then BM is just by far the best spec if crates and walls do us a favor and stop trapping our pets in it...

For the people CMing as SV - are you using LW or Focusing Shot?

Also, what is the stat priority after multistrike?

Also, are you using Blink Strikes or Crows if you are using a pet?

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    For the people CMing as SV - are you using LW or Focusing Shot?

Also, what is the stat priority after multistrike?

Also, are you using Blink Strikes or Crows if you are using a pet?
    Always Focusing Shot and Crows. Same stats as pve, Multi > Vers >= Crit. You want Multistrike on everything and then either Versatility or Crit, doesn't really matter which.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    How high is your Mastery in % in your CM set? I'm trying to see how far off my set is and to compare. My only attempt at BM CM is on Iron Docks where on the first boss I barely did more than 15k DPS as BM. Blink Strikes is really aids in that narrow corridor with so many crates for your pet to get stuck in.
    I have 1500 mastery in CMs, not sure what % that is though

As BM I usually do around 22-25k on bosses and have done almost 30k with Lust and a 5 stack going into the boss.

What'd be the best trinkets for BM? I've got most of em except coin and alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    What'd be the best trinkets for BM? I've got most of em except coin and alchemy.
    Coin and Alch are probably the best two.

If you don't like trinkets proccing when you respec/mountup/go camo/cast cheetah/feign death/summon a pet/mend pet/disengage then the passive stat trinket off Imperator is pretty usable, or a 597 BoE called Pajeet Nov's Puzzle Box or something is pretty alright.

Dossou, what do you think about Skull of war + alch trinket? I am on low budget so I'm looking for alternatives.

Thanks.