Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    -Does not scale from Resolve (either healing or damage)
    -Does scale with AP
    -Appears to be able to Crit
    -Unsure about if it can multistrike
    -Damage is pure AoE, does not split (100k damage to EVERYTHING around every 12 seconds if you drop right then)
    -Damage isn't reduced in PvP (lol)
    - Since when does damage scale with resolve ?
    - If it can crit - 99% that it can ms

Posted in prot feedback. Not like blizzard reads it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyxe View Post
    I'm thinking Emp Seals would be better until I figure out the spikes and such, and then swapping to Seraphim when I won't have to panic use DR as much. Prism/Hammer/Exec on progression in your opinion?
    Seraphim is great for Kromogg. EmpS is not really a good solution because you're not getting hit 100% of the time so a 90%+ uptime on SotR is not worth it.

Mythic hits hard but to be honest I was expecting much more the first time we killed it. It took us like 4 attemps and we were very surprised we went through (basically we were dicking around and joking on Teamspeak, trying to find the best strats, and eventually we got him to sub-20% Enrage and killed him... Everyone was like "ho...ok then").

Just do your normal Sera-2 SotR-DP-Sera rotation and you shouldn't have any issue with Kromogg except if you're i670. Only time when it can hurt is with 2 stacks of debuff and you're not main-tanking for that long with it (either taunted off, or hands, or pillars, or breath).

The CRUCIAL thing on Kromogg is to adapt your SotR usage by looking at the boss. He often has downtimes where he looks at the raid to smash the ground (forgot the name), or casts his breath. You need to use those couple of seconds where you're not taking damage to build up HoPos and NOT use them on a SotR. That way you'll be swimming in HoPo for when he'll actually be hitting you.

Surviving on Kromogg is about smartly dump your HoPo in a SotR, but if you do that correctly you won't be taking that much damage. I've always killed him with Sta flask+ToTT/BFD and never got insta-gibbed.

As for Slams, just start to run as soon as you seen the castbar, and cast a SotR mid-way. You'll probably either have DP or Sera active, with SotR it's close to tickling (maybe 250-300k with 2 armor debuffs?), and your healers have plenty of time to get you back to 75%+ health when you're running back.
    Signatures in 2018 LUL

Deleted
    Posted my thoughts on the current tier bonuses and the more problematic tank trinkets on the PTR forums - I strongly encourage the rest of you to chime in. Hopefully if we give feedback in enough volume, they cannot simply ignore it.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Posted my thoughts on the current tier bonuses and the more problematic tank trinkets on the PTR forums - I strongly encourage the rest of you to chime in. Hopefully if we give feedback in enough volume, they cannot simply ignore it.
    Solid post for certain. Sounds like a good idea to all of us try to add to it, if anything by simply echoing your post in a non 'plagerised' manner.

Deleted
    I should never again read the official forums. >__<
    Checked out the paladin subforum, and the amount of BS there could drive anyone mad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahei View Post
    I should never again read the official forums. >__<
    Checked out the paladin subforum, and the amount of BS there could drive anyone mad.
    To borrow expressions from a Dota player whose mannerisms I find quite amusing, the class subforum on the official website is the home of dumpster players who fail to measure their words. 0/10 would smash heads.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-05-19 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    To borrow expressions from a Dota player whose mannerisms I find quite amusing, the class subforum on the official website is the home of dumpster players who fail to measure their words. 0/10 would smash heads.
    Plz no haterino (at least on US forums)

Also - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=156766
    lolwut, hunters OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Kinda infuriating that there is no feedback forum on eu
    They put it up yesterday or the day before. About a week after the US one

Just to be clear, is there anyone in this thread (or lurking) that has serious plans to bring their Prot Paladin into HFC Mythic prog on opening week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    Just to be clear, is there anyone in this thread (or lurking) that has serious plans to bring their Prot Paladin into HFC Mythic prog on opening week?
    I am. But my guild is far from being 'serious hardcore' one. We're just 7/10M with 9 hrs of raiding per week.

Deleted
    I'm starting to consider it now that the trinkets and the 2pc are available for testing, but realistically it's going to come down to how my two tanks perform relative to each other in HC splits since they'll both be BiS-BRF geared when HFC opens.

i wouldnt call myself hardcore we are 9/10m again 3 days a week. I will be bringing my prot pally. however i have started gearing my dk and monk just incase ...

I am very surprised there has been 0 changes or discussion regarding prot paladin state. It's like blizz forgot about us

dunno yet tbh, i'm pretty back and forth currently. monk is boring as shit but really strong in this patch and next w/ 4pc, can't get a solid feel on how DK will perform with HFC levels of MS because BoS is fun but defile sucks to play. probably just going to stay paladin since it's by far my favorite tank

10+ Year Old Account
    also wouldn't call my self hard core. we are a few tries short of killing BF mythic atm.

I only play Prot paladin, no alts, no other spec. If my raidlead doesn't want to bring him, he is welcome to get another tank and I'll quit this game for good.

I'm 10/10 and 9/10 and there's a possibility i'll be using prot paladin, but mostly depends on the other 2 tanks available in my guild.

Quick quesiton on M Gruul. My guild is trying to 2 tank it atm. What's the preferred order of CDs that I should be doing? Atm we've set up 3 groups and are doing slices 1-1-1. I take slices first and I've doing the first set of 3: Sotr - Sotr/DP - Sotr/GotAK. Then the next 3 I take I do SotR/DP - SotR/ArD - Bubble/Taunt. Is there a better way or is that pretty much it? I still run in to issues where I get 1 shot by it and I'm thinking it may have something to do with people outside their group zone for soaking causing me to take excessive damage.

Quote Originally Posted by maxbrokeaway View Post
    Quick quesiton on M Gruul. My guild is trying to 2 tank it atm. What's the preferred order of CDs that I should be doing? Atm we've set up 3 groups and are doing slices 1-1-1. I take slices first and I've doing the first set of 3: Sotr - Sotr/DP - Sotr/GotAK. Then the next 3 I take I do SotR/DP - SotR/ArD - Bubble/Taunt. Is there a better way or is that pretty much it? I still run in to issues where I get 1 shot by it and I'm thinking it may have something to do with people outside their group zone for soaking causing me to take excessive damage.
    SotR + DP - SotR/GotAK - DivShield.
    SotR + DP - SotR/AD - HoP.
    Ad infinitum. If your GotAK and AD are on CD, just shout for a Sac/Vigi/PainSupp.

Iirc Lazel has a Gruul Mythic video up on his channel, you can check what he uses there.

if you do 1-3 and 7-9 and 4-6 then just do as stated above

DP > Guardian > BoP
    DP > AD > Bubble(solo 9th slash)

DP > Guardian > Pain Sup
    (Solo 9th slash with bubble just cuz)

Thats how I do it weekly on my pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    if you do 1-3 and 7-9 and 4-6 then just do as stated above

DP > Guardian > BoP
    DP > AD > Bubble(solo 9th slash)

DP > Guardian > Pain Sup
    (Solo 9th slash with bubble just cuz)

Thats how I do it weekly on my pally.
    DP > Guard > DS
    DP > AD > BoP
    DP > Guard > DS (?)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    I'm 10/10 and 9/10 and there's a possibility i'll be using prot paladin, but mostly depends on the other 2 tanks available in my guild.
    you poor soul. hope you like getting 2 shot next tier kappa but not really because prot gets smashed be like every encounter in there.

had a hunter in my guild tell me how good the 2 and 4 set from prot was. i pretty said your an idiot and that will help me less than our holy priests holy word sanctuary then logged out of mumble and offtanked the beginning half of mythic MRF in a rage not using avenger shield at all even if GC proced. can they fix that tier already plz?