Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferbian View Post
    Now I know we're generally stacking haste till we're on the 50% cap, which is easily reachable with a WUE trinket and raid buffed etc and when we're at the 50% we'll start to consider changing gems and enchants etc over to mastery.

But whats the general rule of thumb (If that's the saying, idk?) for the case of when you're not using WUE (when running LoV and ACP, or for fights where the WUE dmg reduction is just not necessary - heroic farm nights using EDH or other DPS trinkets) and don't have that 50% cap reach, would I still be better off simply leaving the gems and enchants as mastery knowing I can reach the cap with a WUE, or should I simply allow the surpassing of the 50% cap and stick to haste gems and enchants knowing I don't necessarily use WUE on every fight? I think I'm reaching about 51% when I have WUE equipped, haste gemmed and enchanted, in full buffs and all.
    Don't sweat going over the 50% cap with WUE unless you're using WUE on every single fight, which you shouldn't be.

In BiS as far as I can tell you're not going to hit 50% with WUE anyway, so there's no point in sweating it. Just put haste on and in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Don't sweat going over the 50% cap with WUE unless you're using WUE on every single fight, which you shouldn't be.

In BiS as far as I can tell you're not going to hit 50% with WUE anyway, so there's no point in sweating it. Just put haste on and in everything.
    Yeah not really using WUE all that much on some of the harder hitting mythic bosses (Dat Iron reaver meleeing), and still not in full BiS (who needs BiS anyway, I'm rich from all the gold I coin!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Use mastery heavy items instead of haste heavy, example, cloak from Xul and ring from Manno.
    Already have them :P - I'm guessing I could alternate the council legs instead of the zakuun legs as well if I'm really straining the haste cap

- - - Updated - - -

So to reference back to my druid co-tanks luck and the 5/5 pieces, WUE, ACP, class trinket and other stuff in the matter of 2 back to back raids. Just coined mythic WUE as well :<

Any chance of getting set bonuses updated in SimulationCraft? :x

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kirielle View Post
    Any chance of getting set bonuses updated in SimulationCraft? :x
    If I could write legible C++, I would. It's not so much a matter of not knowing what needs to be amended in the SimCraft module as it's an issue of me not having anyone that can "translate" for me.

I was originally looking to perform a complete rework of the way sims were handled (and maybe I'll get around to writing a long-winded post on exactly what it entailed someday), but it turned out to simply not be practically feasible in terms of computing requirements. There's still some stuff aside just updating the APL to a workable state that I want to do, but for the time being it all hinges on someone being able to help me with the actual coding.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Anyone has any ideas what artifact weapon and shield we will be getting?
    I'm guessing either something with Bolvar's sword and shield or something with Turalyon.

If I could write legible C++, I would. It's not so much a matter of not knowing what needs to be amended in the SimCraft module as it's an issue of me not having anyone that can "translate" for me.

I was originally looking to perform a complete rework of the way sims were handled (and maybe I'll get around to writing a long-winded post on exactly what it entailed someday), but it turned out to simply not be practically feasible in terms of computing requirements. There's still some stuff aside just updating the APL to a workable state that I want to do, but for the time being it all hinges on someone being able to help me with the actual coding.
    Could you not ask one of the other authors to change it for you? Maybe Sol seeing as he does the ret one?
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    Could you not ask one of the other authors to change it for you? Maybe Sol seeing as he does the ret one?
    If I knew how to get in touch with them, I would. At the very least since I'm starting an IT engineering degree I'll probably be able to do it myself in a few months.

So how do you guys usually handle Mythic Gorefiends Gorefiend Spirit? Had a couple of pulls yesterday, mainly there was a bit of an issue having people swap and burst it down quick enough, but I think it could be done - regardless, hows the ideal tank swapping here?

I imagined it could be done by having the 1st tank go in, grab his add, get out, the 2nd tank taunts add, 1st tank taunts boss, since 1st tank can't get shadow of death again 2nd tank will go in regardless and 1st tank can then take over add / hopefully it'll be fucking dead by then - repeat swap on 2nd spirit and then restart the rotation after feast of souls?

My guild does it with me (Paladin) and co-tank is a Guardian druid and I tend to go inside first.

unless the add is dying within 10-15 seconds of coming out, taunt swap the debuff from the tank add, its basically the only thing that can lead to you dying

If I knew how to get in touch with them, I would. At the very least since I'm starting an IT engineering degree I'll probably be able to do it myself in a few months.
    Message him on here? He's said now he's finished progressing he'll be taking a step back from it all, but I'm sure he'll sort it. Then again I don't even know what needs changing on it lol.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Vjnzen View Post
    Hello, guys and fellow Prot Pallies. I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys regarding a small video series I want to bring to newer players and maybe not as experienced tanks.

I am aware of my faults (accent and some of it sounds a bit wooden. Still working on that one, I am not used to talking in english a whole lot) and I'd love if you guys could give me some feedback in terms of presentation and esp. in terms of topics I could bring to some people.

My goal was to help people to get into tanking because as it stands there are really not that many at least decent tanks out there.

So here is the link - please give me your honest feedback - if you have the time to analyse.
    Please keep in mind I am not claiming to know everything about tanking. What I do want is to help people and this is why I am bringing you those videos. To improve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VEr...K643-1ny-t6QhZ

Atm I have 2 videos up and I am working on some topics to upload in the next few days/the next week.

Thank you very much for your time and have a nice day. I know, mondeys are soulcrushing.
    I like it, keep up the work so I can link to my friends who want to start tanking.

Deleted
    Does anybody feel like posting a "new" BiS-list in here? The last one i've found was on page 299 in this thread, and one on page 277 by PTS - both of them date from before the 4T18 buff.

To show that i'm not only begging you, i'll list what i "think" what is BiS:

Head: T18
    Neck: Archimonde
    Shoulders: T18
    Back: Xhul'horac
    Chest: T18
    Wrist: Xhul'horac
    Hands: T18
    Waist: Trash
    Legs: Zakuun
    Feet: Archimonde
    Ring 1: Legendary
    Ring 2: Mannoroth
    Trinket 1: Iskar
    Trinket 2: depends - usually WUE or LOV for survivability or DC or EDH for DPS
    Mainhand: Xhul'horac
    Offhand: Socrethar

With this set (on heroic) we would get something like 49,17% haste (raidbuffed with WUE), 21,86% mastery, 1216 BA. Assuming at least 1 Socket (+75 haste) and all haste-enchants one would reach haste-cap.

4pc seems mandatory, as dows ACP.

Any comments about this list? What would you change? Why?

Would this list apply for mythic too? Or does something change because overcapping haste?

Currently i wear this set with the exception of:

Neck: craftet (haste/BA)
    Chest: T18 NH
    Legs: craftet (haste/mastery)
    Ring: MWF HFA-ring with socket (haste/BA)
    Hands: T18 HWF with socket

I'm overcapping haste here, so i switched some enchants to mastery, reaching 50,17% haste raidbuffed-
    Last edited by mmoc4e6710e527; 2015-08-19 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrhal View Post
    Does anybody feel like posting a "new" BiS-list in here? The last one i've found was on page 299 in this thread, and one on page 277 by PTS - both of them date from before the 4T18 buff.

To show that i'm not only begging you, i'll list what i "think" what is BiS:

Head: T18
    Neck: Archimonde
    Shoulders: T18
    Back: Xhul'horac
    Chest: T18
    Wrist: Xhul'horac
    Hands: T18
    Waist: Trash
    Legs: Zakuun
    Feet: Archimonde
    Ring 1: Legendary
    Ring 2: Mannoroth
    Trinket 1: Iskar
    Trinket 2: depends - usually WUE or LOV for survivability or DC or EDH for DPS
    Offhand: Socrethar

With this set (on heroic) we would get something like 49,17% haste (raidbuffed with WUE), 21,86% mastery, 1216 BA. Assuming at least 1 Socket (+75 haste) and all haste-enchants one would reach haste-cap.

4pc seems mandatory, as dows ACP.

Any comments about this list? What would you change? Why?

Would this list apply for mythic too? Or does something change because overcapping haste?

Currently i wear this set with the exception of:

Neck: craftet (Haste/BA)
    Legs: craftet (haste/mastery)
    Ring: MWF HFA-ring with socket (haste/BA)
    Hands: T18 HWF with socket

I'm overcapping haste here, so i switched some enchants to mastery, reaching 50,17% haste raidbuffed-
    Thats basically the same shit posted previously. Just using 4pc tier.

Anyway that set is completely fine. Obviously by the time you get 75% of those items you won't be using WuE anymore anyway so haste wouldn't be an issue.

Deleted
    But without WUE it's nearly impossible to reach haste cap, isn't it?

So should i go without haste cap then? My general thought was that it is still like "if you can reach haste cap, go for it - no matter what"?!

So you advise to better sit at ~38% haste and using LOV instead of WUE?

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrhal View Post
    Now IDK all that much about stat weights and how close crit and multistrike is to mastery, but personally I'd much rather use the demonhilt sword off council with a lot of mastery, until we get to Socrethar and he drops Felstricken Sha'tari Crystalsword, which at least has mastery and crit.

So how do you guys usually handle Mythic Gorefiends Gorefiend Spirit?
    You have to taunt swap multiple times. When your co-tank gets to ~5-7 stacks of Fel Flames, taunt the Gorebound Spirit and he can take the boss. When his stacks fall off, taunt the add off him and have him take the boss. Rinse and repeat.

By the time he goes down, the odd-numbered Gorebound Spirits need to be near-critical, since you will be overwhelmed by boss/add swings and stacks of Flames. Also you will probably want to move so as not to destroy your co-tank's corrupted spirit with your first two inevitable LoV procs.

The even-numbered Gorebound Spirits are a lot easier to handle, however, since they can survive into the Feast phase and you can continue swapping with your cotank until it gets passively cleaved/ring'd down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post
    You have to taunt swap multiple times. When your co-tank gets to ~5-7 stacks of Fel Flames, taunt the Gorebound Spirit and he can take the boss. When his stacks fall off, taunt the add off him and have him take the boss. Rinse and repeat.

By the time he goes down, the odd-numbered Gorebound Spirits need to be near-critical, since you will be overwhelmed by boss/add swings and stacks of Flames. Also you will probably want to move so as not to destroy your co-tank's corrupted spirit with your first two inevitable LoV procs.

The even-numbered Gorebound Spirits are a lot easier to handle, however, since they can survive into the Feast phase and you can continue swapping with your cotank until it gets passively cleaved/ring'd down.
    I'm not gonna be using cleave trinkets in order to avoid destroying the corrupted spirit too soon. It happened a whole bunch of times yesterday when I was going in that I'd be immediately out again, so we pretty much made a call for no cleave trinkets.

We tried to swap it on 5-7 stacks, but it might also have been a case of us getting used to the fight on Mythic which simply resulted in the Gorefiend spirit being up for way too long. I was definitely having pulls where even with the swapping, when co-tank would go inside the Gorefiend Spirit would still be significant enough time from being dead so that I could risk going to 8-10 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now IDK all that much about stat weights and how close crit and multistrike is to mastery, but personally I'd much rather use the demonhilt sword off council with a lot of mastery, until we get to Socrethar and he drops Felstricken Sha'tari Crystalsword, which at least has mastery and crit.
    the xhul'horac weapon should be the best for DPS tho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fusoya View Post

I mean real talk if you're playing correctly and you coordinate externals properly, you can easily survive 15+ stacks of Fel Flames - I do it basically every Gorefiend kill, even without WUE. You always have both AD and GoAK for the dangerous Gorebound Spirits, and there is no other point in the fight where they should be even remotely necessary.

I generally don't like LoV at all on Gorefiend because WUE outstrips it as a survivability trinket and the massive raid CDs used during Feast makes it hard to proc it even if you take a swim - and that's assuming you're not inadvertently breaking people out with it in the first place. If you're going for raw DPS on Gorefiend just use EDH or a BRF on-use trinket, and if not use WUE.

It's less about understanding and being able to write C++ and more about having time to dig through SimCraft's code. All large programs have their own interfaces (not as in "graphical user interface"; sort of abstraction layers for programmers, so they don't need to know what happens under the hood) which you need to understand if you want to modify their code.

Having said that, I remember some talking on monks' forums about the tanking module being pretty shit and that being the reason you don't see tanking sims for T18 on their website. So it's probably not worth your time unless they improve it vastly.