So we just started doing Gorefiend mythic progression and already want to slit my wrists - any tips would help me! I'm running Heroic Warfored LOV and Anzu's. We are putting tanks on the right side of room and people going down into stomach on left - but whenever I throw my avengers shield - it's hitting all the people on the left side that need not to be cleaved - did anyone else have this problem when they were running this boss or is my guild setting up incorrectly or should I just not care and throw my avenger's shield? I'm worried because it's cleaving them and taking 2-3% of their health each throw - my guild says just don't throw my shield but that's how I keep my life going. Also - second add that comes up - how quick should that be dropping so I can start blocking the blue mist things from the back of the room?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthebookie View Post
    whenever I throw my avengers shield - it's hitting all the people on the left side that need not to be cleaved
    One way to resolve this issue is to glyph focused shield. You may then have to focus gorebound spirits since you'll lose that cleave off the boss, but that will just help ensure you are prepared to interrupt. This will not only give you control over what you cleave, but ultimately burn specific adds down faster (push spirits to 70% solo) and give you added damage during the burn phase.

If you're getting trucked, try WUE in place of ACP. If not, your setup is preferred.
    The 2nd add will just be held next to Gorefiend and tank swapped on 3-4 fel stacks. It will die to incidental cleave damage off the boss.
    You will only be blocking 1 or 2 souls during feast, towards the very end.
    And of course, you can bubble off your fel stacks if you are tanking the add without a taunt available.
    Last edited by Proof; 2015-09-29 at 04:31 PM.

So we just started doing Gorefiend mythic progression and already want to slit my wrists - any tips would help me! I'm running Heroic Warfored LOV and Anzu's. We are putting tanks on the right side of room and people going down into stomach on left - but whenever I throw my avengers shield - it's hitting all the people on the left side that need not to be cleaved - did anyone else have this problem when they were running this boss or is my guild setting up incorrectly or should I just not care and throw my avenger's shield? I'm worried because it's cleaving them and taking 2-3% of their health each throw - my guild says just don't throw my shield but that's how I keep my life going. Also - second add that comes up - how quick should that be dropping so I can start blocking the blue mist things from the back of the room?
    There's always the glyph you could use.

But I don't know how the prot pallies in this thread did Gorefiend.

I'm sure someone will chime in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Proof View Post
    One way to eliminate this issue is to glyph focused shield. You may then have to focus gorebound spirits as long as they're up, since you'll lose that cleave off the boss. This will not only give you control over what you cleave, but ultimately burn adds down faster and give you added damage during the burn phase.

If you're getting trucked, try WUE in place of ACP. If not, your setup is preferred.
    Also you will only be blocking 1 or 2 souls during feast, towards the very end.
    Thanks - I thought there was something that gave me only 1 target but couldn't remember what (Sorry - New since Draenor expansion) Also - I just re-watched the fatboss guide and realized that everyone needs to be blocking to remove their debuff - I'll just make sure that's what we are doing tonight - I may have been confused - the only thing really doing damage is the second spirit but I think my tank wasn't swapping off correctly

With regards to the feast phase and the 2nd add, there's no real rush to get it down, it'll either die from some sort of cleave rather quickly, or you'll simply switch on like 3-5 stacks and move it around with you. It shouldn't be threatening at any point, the most threatening one of them is the 1st one due to the point where one of you or your co-tank will be holding both (in case the add isn't dead fast enough) and have both the add and gorefiend striking the tank (Cause of the other tank going inside the stomach). The souls that you're intercepting during feast isn't something for you to worry about until towards the end anyway, your entire raid needs to be cleared of their debuffs before the tanks goes to grab them (At least that's how we do it).

Definitely use Glyph of Focused Shield to not get your guilds souls cleaved down too quickly. The cleave damage that non glyphed gives isn't important to really have around, given that damage on Gorefiend isn't important outside of feasts, and it'll simply help you push more damage on the Gorebound Spirit once it comes out of his stomach.

Hell for our first 2 kills I even glyphed into single target Holy wrath to stop unwanted damage on them.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Thanks for the help with the glyphs guys - I will def. use tonight and that should help a lot - those were the only confusing parts that were getting me last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Niltos View Post
    Hi guys, am I supposed to use Seraphim instead of HS for HFA M?

I was planning to use LoV + Anzu + Seraphim

Thanks.
    See spreadsheet.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks - I thought there was something that gave me only 1 target but couldn't remember what (Sorry - New since Draenor expansion)
    I would suggest using this spreadsheet as a reference point. Many questions can be answered there first.

Needs http://puu.sh/kqPaH/20eed757f2.jpg linked on that spreadsheet and its the prot pally guide.

Finally got a LOV and it's HWF. Went and did mythic assault and saw the damage increase. Holy fuck this trinket is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Omg, my flowchart made it to spreadsheet.
    I am, so cool.
    awww ya best guide world.

Quote Originally Posted by DrasticPaladin View Post
    Finally got a LOV and it's HWF. Went and did mythic assault and saw the damage increase. Holy fuck this trinket is broken.
    http://www.twitch.tv/jelloslockexo/v/18448311

Trinket

PTS- you doing some moonlighting for Tesco Phone Shops? - http://i.imgur.com/J7L3PRf.jpg
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Blood elf tmorphing a fucking tauren wtf <.<

Edit: Actually thinking about that, look what I've found LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pggGYSwxk4U

IT WAS THE ONE AND ONLY TIME. What a fucking noob using hotr on 2 targets wtf.

#Iwasanoobbackthen.
    The video is blocked; what were you doing?

GL beating that fel lord, wtb UE.

- - - Updated - - -

Coined socket UE, fuckin aye.

Not at all, got rank 1's on my lock all the time before i switched which i'm sure jellos will back, and i coined it, so not exactly an elective guild decision :P.

Why you pickin on me lazel, you make me sad.

Yes because your personal perception quite clearly speaks for everyone else in the thread. If thats your definition of "Shoving it down peoples throats" you must be a very touchy individual.

Deleted
    Can we stop being whiny teenage girls in this thread and act our ages, please? Lord knows there's enough shitposting as it is.

Ty ty
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-09-30 at 02:19 PM.