Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Yeah just chiming in to back this up. I basically use my common sense in this kind of situation. Let's say seraph is 3-4 seconds off being up and I have 5 HP. I just got an Avengers Shield proc and Crusader Strike is 5 seconds off cd with Judge a second or two behind. I'm definitely going to hit the SotR and spend the HP, because I can clearly see that I will get 5 HP within 2-3 seconds of Seraph going up but I'll definitely lose at least 1 HP by delaying it and for all I know I could get another AS proc in the next couple of seconds which would be similarly wasted by pussyfooting around waiting for Seraphim cd.

Obviously this all goes out the window if the boss isn't hitting you, it's a tank swap, the boss is casting something you can't interrupt or 100 other reasons why you don't need hte SotR buff up right this second but I think you can see the thinking process behind this.

TL;DR you should be able to work this out yourself based on what else is going on in the fight.

And if none of this makes sense and I'm completely wrong (wouldn't be the first time) everyone feel free to point it out

Nope your doing it right. Made perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    Pieces with crit/mastery on them will always outperform the items with haste in it ^^
    Well, yeah. But how much of a difference does it really make if you have a couple pieces with haste instead of crit/mastery? It won't make or break anything short of mythic, will it?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't make a huge impact but having bis for high-end raiding is always a better option
    So it's basically nerds getting pissed off because their stats come up 2% below optimum?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So it's basically nerds getting pissed off because their stats come up 2% below optimum?
    I do not think insulting people on the forum is a good way to go. At all.

As for your question, yes it does matter. Having subpar stats can quickly end up in a stacking process. You deal with 1 piece with a bad stat (our worst since the hotfix according to the last numbers given by theck...), then another one, then another one and so on. Do you actually have any idea about how each one of us is currently geared ? Did it occurs to you that we might already have way more of an undesired stat than we want ? Probably not.

Seal of Insight

Also editing , regarding CMs. Take Holy avenger and Seraphim like I mentioned before, SW is shit and DP is too RNG. You won't like DP with low haste anyway - be sure to get the seraphim rotation right

When you start a fight or engage pack of mobs , pop DP (glyphed) when you get into melee range with them. The sec you get 5 holy power use seraphim , when seraphim is about to end you should save up around 5 holy power to hit 2x sotr in a row or you can save up 3 if you have a GC proc and Arcane torrent (belf) ready so you hit sotr , use up your proc and racial and hit it again. When sotr is over pop DP and when DP is over seraphim is off cd 1 sec after it ends , pop it again and repeat.

Single target burst can go up to 80k in CMs with BL and right procs , not really hard to do this just need pre-potting and timing sera + ha with CS + Jud properly (also you need proper GC procs obviously from GC)

Aoe goes up to 200k depending on how many mobs there are and how long the fight lasts.
    What's your armory link? Curious about damage - I seem to be putting out a really low amount, especially single target. Not having issues with survivability though...

So it took me a while to get used to Seraphim, but now I have (and have a bit of gear), I know what it feels like to be a God

Not that it's easy to "optimise" gear so much now without reforging, I'll try swapping my mastery gems towards crit and see if I feel anything noticeably different.

With regards to "wasting" holy power, wasting 1 to get Seraphim up ~3 seconds earlier is probably worth it. wasting more, or if it's only shaving 1 GCD or so off the Seraphim time, probably isn't worth it (I don't have maths to back myself up).

Ultimately, if you're clearing DPS checks and not dying, the odd wasted power or delayed Seraphim doesn't matter too much. I'll definitely watch Lazel's video on lunch today with some interest, the Mastery vs Crit arguments/debates have been interesting if nothing else.

Not that it matters too much, the content I'll be clearing in the short term won't be cutting edge, but trying to do the best I can is always the right attitude I feel. Plus coming around 2nd on DPS meters even on single target (depending on the group) is hilarious.

SMBG isn't a great mastery vs Crit argument as it's mostly magical damage and we all know out mastery means shit all to magic. I've not watched the vid yet but gratz on gold anyways lazel.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    The short of it is the steeper the line, the better that stat is at reducing damage. For further understanding, read the lengthy accompanying blogs.
    I always think inverting the x-axis would make it more intuitive (no one is preventing you from having it go from positive to negative numbers right to left if you lable properly).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaosen View Post
    I do not think insulting people on the forum is a good way to go. At all.

As for your question, yes it does matter. Having subpar stats can quickly end up in a stacking process. You deal with 1 piece with a bad stat (our worst since the hotfix according to the last numbers given by theck...), then another one, then another one and so on. Do you actually have any idea about how each one of us is currently geared ? Did it occurs to you that we might already have way more of an undesired stat than we want ? Probably not.
    You are taking this way too seriously.

Paladin
    General
    Seal of Insight's healing effect should now be able to Multistrike or Critically Strike.
    Was that a bug being fixed, and is already implemented in current SimC, or is it a change that will further increase the value of crit/multistrike ?

I linked a shadowmoon burial grounds gold video from my pov earlier, also you can get to my armory by just clicking the signature
    facepalm

I assumed it was your YouTube channel from the link below it.

Deleted
    +100 Mastery or +150 Stamina buffood , as protection?

Blizzard is proving my point since the begining!
    Rofl. I'm pretty close to go Lazel school and get crit everywhere !

I'm inadvertently joining it seems. All crit errythang ._.

You are taking this way too seriously.
    Comes into a min/max thread where people are debating optimal stat weights and gear builds, gets mad that his gear has the wrong stats on it and tells people they are taking the game too seriously /logic

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    SMBG isn't a great mastery vs Crit argument as it's mostly magical damage and we all know out mastery means shit all to magic. I've not watched the vid yet but gratz on gold anyways lazel.
    Not to nit-pick, but doesn't our Mastery work wonders vs Magic if you spec Holy Shield, where Crit can only help with physical damage (parry), and the off crit-heal?
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please all behave plz guise don't make me sad

You can do a lot of things but you don't want to make me sad.

No fite, just luv. Beautiful, pink luv.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Limp0r View Post
    +100 Mastery or +150 Stamina buffood , as protection?
    Stamina if you've got a low health pool/not running a stam trinket. Otherwise grab Mastery or Crit.

Also I would expect this decisions to depend on your healers. I run with a Disc priest so the shields give me more of a health pool so Stam is less important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Comes into a min/max thread where people are debating optimal stat weights and gear builds, gets mad that his gear has the wrong stats on it and tells people they are taking the game too seriously /logic
    Dude, I'm lvl 91 and haven't logged in for like two weeks. I literally could not care less what my gear looks like, or what stats are found on it.

This isn't a min/max thread, it's a "WoD Discussion" thread, which includes all aspects of play for the spec, not just progression-focused mythic raiding (which isn't even available yet.)

But, no, go right on ahead shoving your foot into your mouth. I've never seen someone get it up to their ankle yet.

Dude, I'm lvl 91 and haven't logged in for like two weeks. I literally could not care less what my gear looks like, or what stats are found on it.
    Which really begs the question - what are you even doing here?

All your questions were around stat priorities and, despite how ambiguous and poorly phrased they were, were answered promptly and accurately.

Your response to this was apparently to vilify people who have up to date and in-depth information by accusing them of "taking this to seriously" when all they were doing was honestly trying to educate you and respond appropriately to what you were asking.

And I'm the one putting my foot in my mouth? Yeah, right.