today's buff are nice. now i feel like i will survive .

LotP, with consecration, versat, and avenging wrath. lawls.

Didn't the author just say a handful of posts earlier that he didn't sim it yet for the buff hotfix update?

Going for Tyr's Enforcer first was basically because the other 2 were weak if I understood correctly? And now they got buffed (1 directly 1 indirectly). I personally would hate to go for our only "dps not tanky" golden first. I like to improve my survivability / tankiness first. Was really disappointed about the artifact analysis before and very relieved they actually buffed it now.

I am also curious about the scaling of traits/effects/buffs that increase LotP healing - are they additive or multiplicative?

On beta - Bulwark of Order is granting a 50% shield instead of 40%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Didn't the author just say a handful of posts earlier that he didn't sim it yet for the buff hotfix update?

Going for Tyr's Enforcer first was basically because the other 2 were weak if I understood correctly? And now they got buffed (1 directly 1 indirectly). I personally would hate to go for our only "dps not tanky" golden first. I like to improve my survivability / tankiness first. Was really disappointed about the artifact analysis before and very relieved they actually buffed it now.
    light of the titans has been indirectly nerfed since it is now less of our healing done and it's % spell power based not healing based on LotP

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    On beta - Bulwark of Order is granting a 50% shield instead of 40%.

I don't know how often paladins are using the spell in beta, but on live (I have no tier set bonus) i'm not exactly spamming it. So don't see why it shouldn't be 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    light of the titans has been indirectly nerfed since it is now less of our healing done and it's % spell power based not healing based on LotP
    Meh I fail at reading, for some reason I thought it was scaling off LOTP base heal amount.

Guess I'm going bulwark first (esp. since that side passives seem better) and then we'll see, unless there's another balancing pass. Turning avenger's shield into partially defensive ability and reminescent of 4-set from HFC is a cool idea in my book, it was our only ability that had no defensive benefit since they removed "buffs your next shield slam" somewhere in alpha.

I guess the question would be in 5 mans would using the Legendary that adds targets 4/5 to AS would all of that damage *.4 be the shield because at 5 targets we could be talking about a 300-500k absorb with crits/versatility and maybe even more with AW up. This seems like a clear choice for the first Golden Dragon with there being such a huge dependency on Mythic and Mythic+ Dungeons for gear in the first couple of weeks for the folks looking to get Mythic Raid ready the fastest. The LotP buff is going to be quite nice for us with full artifact perks/verse and relic bonus this could really be huge for us. I am not super versed on if you can double or triple up on relics but we could be at least 40% from Artifact + Concecrate + Verse this is really looking strong. The set bonus for us gives SotR a chance to reset CD on LotP as well which will just make this even stronger. While I have agreed with the sentiments that our golden dragons were a bit weak I didnt think the sky was falling and I think we are really shaping up nicely now. Not going to front I am quite pumped about having a 900IL with a 34/34 Artifact and seeing what we are capable of becuse I think we are going to be pretty strong.

Didn't sim anything for hotfix, but if anything vers and haste would get stronger.

Atm one of the issues with sims is that they were not accounting for the +dps and +stamina that we get from artifact traits.
    Once that's in, we can get even better estimates.

What build of simcraft you using for simming, Cel? Just custom modules you've built, or is the 703 build on the index capable of simming 110 with artifact traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Veyloris View Post
    What build of simcraft you using for simming, Cel? Just custom modules you've built, or is the 703 build on the index capable of simming 110 with artifact traits?
    My custom, but by now it's prob latest one.

Deleted
    It's probably already been discussed some time ago but was looking through the legendaries and noticed Chain of Thrayn what does it mean by "Equip: Casting a non-greater blessing heals the target for 15% of maximum health." does that mean each time we cast LotP or HotP we get an extra 15% of hp heal?
    Sounds very strong if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Saishan View Post
    It's probably already been discussed some time ago but was looking through the legendaries and noticed Chain of Thrayn what does it mean by "Equip: Casting a non-greater blessing heals the target for 15% of maximum health." does that mean each time we cast LotP or HotP we get an extra 15% of hp heal?
    Sounds very strong if that's the case.
    Neither of them are blessings.

Deleted
    Ok i fail at reading tooltips...

May be a dumb question, but does "Judgment of Light" work on multiple targets? I saw that debuff can be applied to multiple targets. But how healing is working?
    For instance, I judged three different targets and party member strikes them with, let's say, whirlwind. Will be he healed three times or just once?
    What does mean "...to heal the attacker for xxx..."?
    Must it be a direct melee/range/spell hit to get healed?
    Must it be some cleave mechanics with limited targets like DK Heart Strike to get healed?
    Or may be any AOE triggers that heal effect from all affected targets?
    Is this talent suitable for fights where you have three targets constantly?
    Is is usable by prot paladins at all? Or it is holy paladins prerogative?

10+ Year Old Account
    God bless hotfixes XD. I think the LoTP one will probably be rehotifxed at 110, because the healing is going to be LOH levels once everything is maxed out.

However... The bulwark of order buff, especially if it comes in at 50%, is a very welcome change. 100% was obviously never going to survive, but 20% was far too low. 40/50% seems like a good balance.

I know it's not been tested fully yet, but does anyone think this will bump Bulwark ahead of Enforcer for artifact priority?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    God bless hotfixes XD. I think the LoTP one will probably be rehotifxed at 110, because the healing is going to be LOH levels once everything is maxed out.

However... The bulwark of order buff, especially if it comes in at 50%, is a very welcome change. 100% was obviously never going to survive, but 20% was far too low. 40/50% seems like a good balance.

I know it's not been tested fully yet, but does anyone think this will bump Bulwark ahead of Enforcer for artifact priority?
    I think it will be. It's so much survivability and it can be grabbed so early if you go right for it, I think you'd be crazy not to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I think it will be. It's so much survivability and it can be grabbed so early if you go right for it, I think you'd be crazy not to.
    My thoughts exactly. It was originally my go to Gold, but then when it got nerfhammered everyone seemed to think Enforcer was a better choice for your first pick. However now it's up to 40% I think it's easily worth it again.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Prot paladins awesome confirmed? ;p

So one of my 2 raiding groups I offered to tank in but I'm having trouble picking one. Narrowed it down to death knight and prot paladin. The group is fairly casual, normal focus with heroic if we have time after clearing normal. We're doing personal loot so tier token and armor class isn't a big deal. My co-tank will be a vengeance DH so that makes me lean slightly away from blood dk as having two tanks who focus on major self heals seems like a bad idea. So I figured I'd dust off my old holy paladin and fit that bill.

My biggest concerns are that I see a lot of complaints via YouTubers and some beta discussions about prot Paladins in mythics. It seems to be that DH and Druid are taking cake right now but my main in another group will be a DH so I'm throwing that option out the window and I don't think I could handle being a bear for 2 years.

I enjoy both prot paladin and blood dk. What I don't enjoy is the blood dk talent choices seem limited by PvE viability compared to prot paladin.

It seems like the decision comes down to

Do I want better talent choices (meaning just about anything I pick as pally will be impactful) or do I want a battle Rez? (We have 0 battle rez's atm. No dk's, no Druids, no warlocks. We have 2 hunters? BM and survival)

Or do I want more utility at the cost of being fairly self sufficient?

Am I missing any deciding points between the two? Has anyone played the two and compared them? Obviously posting in the prot paladin topic may be slightly biased but I want to make sure I'm not missing any major deciding points between the two.