15+ Year Old Account
    Does consecrated ground talent heal the paladin or just allies?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Does consecrated ground talent heal the paladin or just allies?
    Heals the paladin too.

Quote Originally Posted by mclem View Post
    In my striving to get EN-ready - one set of Mythic lockouts to go! - I'm coming up against two issues. One is that my trinkets are a bit lacking; I'm still using the Purified Shard, and the only trinkets I've come across thus far have been pure stat ones, without any exciting utility in terms of equip or use effects. The other is that due to poor luck with itemisation, I've ended up with rather more crit than I'm particularly comfortable with, which is unsatisfactory; it's in the 20% ballpark.

In light of both those factors, I'm pondering whether the Writhing Heart of Darkness from Shade of Xavius might be appropriate for my specific situation. Yes, it's yet more crit, but in terms of synergy with how the rest of my gear has panned out, I'm wondering if the equip effect of damage reduction *on* crit might make it worth considering as a stopgap.

Any thoughts?
    I'd like to hear what people think about this trinket as well.

Quote Originally Posted by laalipop View Post
    In the Icy Veins guide here it says "It should still be noted, however, that if you are using Consecrated Hammer and are standing in your Consecration Icon Consecration, you will receive the Consecration buff twice."

Is this a valid statement? I don't think it beats out BH but I'd like to know.
    It's not true, I was pretty sure but still tested it to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by laalipop View Post
    In the Icy Veins guide here it says "It should still be noted, however, that if you are using Consecrated Hammer and are standing in your Consecration Icon Consecration, you will receive the Consecration buff twice."

Is this a valid statement? I don't think it beats out BH but I'd like to know.
    It's not true according to my test. I think they fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baeldin View Post
    So it's in fact Blessed Hammer? It makes up around 5% of my self healing, which means it's worth less than 5% damage reduction in most fights.
    Sorry this is incorrect logic. The percentage of your total self healing from this is in no way a correlation to the amount of DR that it is. Perfect example of why this would not work is if you didnt use BoO or HotP at all in a fight your Sanctuary would be a much larger percentage of your total self healing but would that really mean that it was worth more DR? No it wouldnt. There is no correlation between Sanctuarys percentage of your total self healing and the amount of DR that it gives you as that number will vary with every single fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    Sorry this is incorrect logic. The percentage of your total self healing from this is in no way a correlation to the amount of DR that it is. Perfect example of why this would not work is if you didnt use BoO or HotP at all in a fight your Sanctuary would be a much larger percentage of your total self healing but would that really mean that it was worth more DR? No it wouldnt. There is no correlation between Sanctuarys percentage of your total self healing and the amount of DR that it gives you as that number will vary with every single fight.
    //edit: Logic was indeed flawed, I stand corrected.
    Last edited by mmoc4148e87d80; 2016-09-14 at 12:10 AM.

I see it 10-12 in most scenarios, assume you have very little haste or are just playing your class shitly

Deleted
    Not sure how I came to what I was thinking, but it was complete BS. It's much closer to 10% in fact, so I agree. Less than 5% seemed way off from the start, I was surprised to get such a low result in the first place.
    Last edited by mmoc4148e87d80; 2016-09-14 at 12:30 AM.

Does anyone see an aura or buff when using the Writhing Heart of Darkness trinket?

I do not currently see anything in my Details meter, in the auras in the top right or anything that's informing me that i'm getting a buff from a critical strike.

Does anyone else see this or could it be UI issue?

UPDATED

Never mind I found it. It was showing up as a debuff to the enemy.
    Last edited by Rynzler88; 2016-09-14 at 04:37 AM.

been using coagulated nightwell residue from court

have to say its an amazing trinket stacks up to 10 pretty quick and a 950kish absorb shield prob get to use it twice a min works really nice

Deleted
    Ah... that nice feeling when you get up to check your 100k iteration scaling plot sims and you are greeted by upgraded and rebooted windows... :-[

//edit: Sims are in, this is going to interesting. Unfortunately, I have to go to work now. More later.
    Last edited by mmoc4148e87d80; 2016-09-14 at 08:46 AM.

So obviously these are datamined from the PTR and subject to change, but some interesting potential changes coming for our Tier 2 talents.

--Crusader's Judgment: Judgment now has 2 charges, and Grand Crusader now also grants a charge of Judgment.
    --First Avenger: Avenger's Shield now deals 50% increased damage to the first target hit. Grand Crusader now has an additional 10% chance to occur. Protection Paladin - Level 30 Talent.

I'm not sure I'll switch away from Bastion of Light, but the new Crusader's Judgment is definitely appealing.

Edit: Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Spell-Changes

They also lowered the CD on Bastion of Light by 1 minute.

I agree, I'm not sure I'll swap away from BoL but I might try out the new First Avenger. It sounds like instead of restricting it to one target, it now just does more damage to the first target. Might be interesting to see what kind of absorb shields that can provide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man, they really opened up that tier... I think the potential for hilarity in the new Crusaders Judgement is too good to pass up. I mean, judge proccing GC, which lets you judge again for a chance at another GC, which would then let you judge again? Yes please.

But... If First Avenger no longer lowers the target, and instead just increases the damage on the first target? That is an AWESOME change.

I am suddenly very excited for 7.1
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they revert that ages ago? It's been 2/4 since beta, it was just the tooltip that said 1/2.

Also, seems Crusaders Judgment is extra judge INSTEAD of it causing GC, not as well as... This makes it considerably less hilarious.

However, First Avenger IS 50% boost to AS damage, without the target nerf... Which is rather nice.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Even with the buff to the other 2, I imagine Bastion of Light's reduction to 2 minutes would make it the prime option for PvP, as I feel the 3 min CD is the only thing that puts it behind First Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Oh man, they really opened up that tier... I think the potential for hilarity in the new Crusaders Judgement is too good to pass up. I mean, judge proccing GC, which lets you judge again for a chance at another GC, which would then let you judge again? Yes please.

But... If First Avenger no longer lowers the target, and instead just increases the damage on the first target? That is an AWESOME change.

I am suddenly very excited for 7.1
    Unless I read it wrong (someone correct me please if I did), it says judgement now has 2 charges, and GC (proc'ed from hammer) grants a charge of judgement. Is all that along with Judgement triggering GC, or did they take the Judgement triggering GC out?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1291 View Post
    Unless I read it wrong (someone correct me please if I did), it says judgement now has 2 charges, and GC (proc'ed from hammer) grants a charge of judgement. Is all that along with Judgement triggering GC, or did they take the Judgement triggering GC out?
    My read is that they took out Judgement triggering GC, and it's just the extra charge on Judgement plus recovering charges from GC.

That said, I'd completely missed the 1 min reduction in CD to Bastion of Light.... that makes it an interesting decision. I'll probably stick with Bastion in that case, but I might feel bad about it (which is still an improvement over live :-P)