BiS Setup for Prot Paladins?

Legendary Helm all the way. (They profit ALOT from T19)
    Legendary Pants all the way. (They profit ALOT from T20)
    Sephuz for DPS as option.
    Legendary Shoulders for DPS as option.
    Legendary Belt as an option - just because they are strong.

So what is the best combination of T19 + T20 + Legendaries?

I really love T19 and I'm not excited about the T20.

Sticking to T19 during T20 tier won't be an option, but sticking to the 2pc T19 might be imo. Since it will increase LoTP by roughly 5% and our Mitigation by rougly 6%.

Looking at the 4pc T20, we get 5% damage reduction basically all the time. This is kinda nice, but is it better than our T19 2piece? We basically don't need any damage reduction outside SotR. If we use SotR, we're save anyway. It's similar to versatility in that case. Its just not needed. But those 5% more heals on LoTP with 2 charges, can add up during an entire bossfight.

Im currently thinking about this Setup: Legendary Helmet. Legendary Pants. So 4 open Setslots.

So we can go 4pc T20 or 2pc T19 2pc T20. 4pc T20 will only be an option if you have all the items.

Secondary statswise you can compare the setslots like this:

T20 gloves > T19 gloves (krit + vers > vers + mastery)
    T20 cloak > T19 cloak (haste + vers > haste + mastery)
    T20 chest > T19 chest ( haste + mastery > krit + mastery)
    T19 shoulder > T20 shoulder (haste+vers > krit + mastery)

So the goal would be: Getting a high rolled T19 shoulder (920++) and a high rolled T19 cloak (920++) and than using T20 chest + T20 gloves.

And later maybe sticking to full T20, cuz ilvl will be way superior and easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    We basically don't need any damage reduction outside SotR.
    ??? You mean it feels great when you're trying to bank shield charges for bosses' specials and you get meleed for more than 50% of your total hp per swing? I think Paladins out of all tanks could definitely use some extra smoothing tools and 4p t20 is gonna be one of them.

If you intend to use pants + helmet then your tier slots are locked since both of them take a tier slot out.

On the other hand, I saw a prot paladin in one of my server's top guilds use the combo of pants + chest + the GotAK trinket from KJ, does anyone think this guy is onto something and this is gonna be a good combo once we start getting the trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    ??? You mean it feels great when you're trying to bank shield charges for bosses' specials and you get meleed for more than 50% of your total hp per swing? I think Paladins out of all tanks could definitely use some extra smoothing tools and 4p t20 is gonna be one of them.
    AD,EoT and GoAK are essentially there to use when you don't have ShotR up (or if you are banking it). For Protection, Active Mitigation is our strongest mitigation and Cooldowns are there for when it is not available or rarely for when it is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    AD,EoT and GoAK are essentially there to use when you don't have ShotR up (or if you are banking it). For Protection, Active Mitigation is our strongest mitigation and Cooldowns are there for when it is not available or rarely for when it is not enough.
    When tanking heroic KJ I had to use AD / artifact together with shield slam during 3+ stacks of claws, if I used only shield there was risk of dying, so between the claws there were moments I had to take melee in the face and not use shield to bank the charges for claws.

Best thing was when I got the beam target me as well and had to blow a cd for that... I don't even know why it can target the active tank but apparently it can.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    Purposely not quoting this pile of "Maths"
    T19 2p - The value of this is 10% of your SoTR base value. This for most people will be around 3.5% extra mitigation on SoTR. Unless you stack mastery than you might want to re-evaluate your tank choices.

T20 2p - Pretty much just DPS - You can argue the defensive value from more BoO absorbs, but its very negligible.

T20 4p - 5% mitigation, pretty legit.

The rest of this has been discussed at length over at the paladin discord. If you actually want information, go there. This thread is really dead, and it would be super nice if people stopped filling it with random anecdotal information.

Paladin Discord Link

Link to the discord
    Cetraben (Armory Link) - Guild Master + Raid Leader - <Catalyst> Tarren Mill (EU-Horde) - Currently Recruiting: Click for more info

They just seems so strong, and especially since warriors just ate shit and are already going to fall off in mythic, druid seems handily top tank.