Yep Cel - even when I'm asking dumb questions I really appreciate all the time you put into this.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Hi everybody!

I'm new to the MMO-Champion forums but I have been occasionally lurking over the past years. I've been following this discussion for the lat 60 pages or so and I am very curious about the version of SimCraft you are using, Ceninamuna. I downloaded the latest version of SimCraft from Github and built it but I noticed that some paladin talents are outdated (row 1 and 2 are swapped, some divine steed talents not yet there). Where can I get an up-to-date version of all of that for the beta?

It seems there is very little information out there. Also, how do I implement the artifact into my sims? I got it working using the item names and IDs but I can't figure out how to modify the traits. Some initial testing revealed similar results to yours regarding the talents but I'd like to use the same version for better comparability.

Keep up the good work!

Deleted
    I've just picked up my prot pally again because warriors are awful to play. I kinda feel like I'm missing something, but is there no survival reason to press avengers shield? Even during GC procs? Also that judgement is the only tool we have to reduce SotR cd?

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    I've just picked up my prot pally again because warriors are awful to play. I kinda feel like I'm missing something, but is there no survival reason to press avengers shield? Even during GC procs? Also that judgement is the only tool we have to reduce SotR cd?
    Regarding avenger's shield: right now, there is no survival reason to hit it, but there is an artifact trait that adds a damage shield to it(40% of the damage dealt.)

Regarding shield of the righteous: judgment and haste are the only two ways to reduce the CD, at least that I'm aware of.

Right now AS is primarily offensive (one of our hardest-hitting attacks), but it does silence the first target it hits, so that can prevent a LOT of damage if used wisely. We have Rebuke, but some key interrupts come up faster than Rebuke is available, so AS can fill the gaps.

Also - if you have the Ceaseless Vigil tier from HFC, AS creates a damage shield. We'll lose this as we give up our tier, but gain it back when we power up our artifact.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Why last defender is still in the talent tree is beyond me, i've seen vanilla talents more interesting.

and Salvation?! is threat a thing in legion? if not, i cant see anyone taking it

Quote Originally Posted by Lorekan View Post
    and Salvation?! is threat a thing in legion? if not, i cant see anyone taking it
    Salvation was removed some time ago. Instead there's a talent to give 2 charges of steed in that place.

If you have the Hellfire Citadel 4-set bonus, hitting Avenger's Shield gives you an absorption shield. If you have the artifact leveling from 100-110, there's a trait that does the same thing.

If you have neither of these things then yeah, there's no survival benefit to Avenger's Shield.

The trait is nowhere near as strong as the HFC 4 set though

Quote Originally Posted by Lysozyme View Post
    The trait is nowhere near as strong as the HFC 4 set though
    Bulwark of Order is astronomically stronger than 2PT18. Borderline broken on AoE.

Deleted
    How is preraid gearing looking? Will it be worth taking Strand of the Stars over the crafted necks along with the trinket? Inferno Breastplate and the shoulders seems like a fairly obvious choice unless you get the legendary chest. Any ideas on a second trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by MooseCastle View Post
    How is preraid gearing looking? Will it be worth taking Strand of the Stars over the crafted necks along with the trinket? Inferno Breastplate and the shoulders seems like a fairly obvious choice unless you get the legendary chest. Any ideas on a second trinket?
    Taking that neck would be a pretty massive mistake. Crafted necks/rings can be upgraded with your perfect stats up to 850 and come with a socket baseline. These there is almost no wiggle room on outside of an amazing lucky roll on a mythic drop. You should be looking to have crafted in every slot save 1 legendary. If you get 1 Legendary your Artifact with full Relics and full 850 Crafted gear you should be at ~854.9IL when raids start the third week. If you are able to get extremely lucky and pick up some TF socketed gear from mythic dungeons that can be substituted but those will be very rare.

Pre Raid Goals

Artifact all 3 Relics
    1 Legendary
    Full Crafted gear in every other slot

If you hit this ~855 IL prior to the first week of heroic raids you will be in really great shape.

You probably won't be getting anything from CoS/Arcway pre raid. The attunement takes forever, and unless you're going absolutely fucking hog wild on rep grinding you won't won't even be close by the time EN comes out. The crafted neck will be better anyway at first, as double sockets will outweigh the set bonus with Chrono Shard. Remember, pre EN ilvl is capped at 850, so it's equal ilvl with the crafted neck.

That being said, a 920 version of Strand is likely BiS due to how strong Chrono Shard is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    That being said, a 920 version of Strand is likely BiS due to how strong Chrono Shard is.
    I wish.

Where are you getting double sockets from btw? I've had a look at the necks and can't seem to see it anywhere unless I'm missing something. Hadn't looked at JCing until just now

I wish.

Where are you getting double sockets from btw? I've had a look at the necks and can't seem to see it anywhere unless I'm missing something. Hadn't looked at JCing until just now
    Last I checked the crafted necks came with double sockets. Lemme see if I can find them on wowhead.

Edit: They only have 1. I think the Legion hype is making me lose my mind.

So I have a Prot War, Blood DK, Prot Pally, and a Veng DH.

What would be the argument for me playing Prot Pally over the other tanks, from a mechanical/performance perspective?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post

What would be the argument for me playing Prot Pally over the other tanks, from a mechanical/performance perspective?
    There is none. Prot is pretty boring and solid but not the greatest Tank. I think Blood DK is pretty fun, even though you lack Mobility.

Deleted

after recent nerfs all you mentioned except blood is better than pala
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2016-08-24 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    What recent nerfs?

- - - Updated - - -

All of the tanks are viable at 110. Prot paladin is looking to be slightly stronger than other options by a very slight amount. They're the highest mitigation tank, and their self healing scales quite well. The flip side is they're considered to be the most punishing tank to play, meaning that if you make mechanical mistakes you're more likely to just instantly die than on other tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    What are these paladin nerfs you speak of because unless im going crazy we have had our self healing and absorbs buffed recently while other classes have experienced nerfs.