Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    It does, in fact.
    No, it does not. Tyr's Enforcer does not cause Bulwark of Order absorbtion. I just tested it ingame. The absorb is identical whether or not the absorb crits or not. It does scale with versatility though. If you are somewhere around 8% versatility, it almost looks like it benefits from Tyr's Enforcer because the AoE is roughly 8% of the main hit, but for multiple targets or crits is is pretty obvious that it does not benefit.

That is probably what led me to believe that it benefits from Tyr's Enforcer because I did a very quick test against a single target and did not check the numbers when I saw that it was extremely close to 0.5*(AS+Enforcer dmg).

Quote Originally Posted by Baeldin View Post
    No, it does not. Tyr's Enforcer does not cause Bulwark of Order absorbtion. I just tested it ingame. The absorb is identical whether or not the absorb crits or not. It does scale with versatility though. If you are somewhere around 8% versatility, it almost looks like it benefits from Tyr's Enforcer because the AoE is roughly 8% of the main hit, but for multiple targets or crits is is pretty obvious that it does not benefit.

That is probably what led me to believe that it benefits from Tyr's Enforcer because I did a very quick test against a single target and did not check the numbers when I saw that it was extremely close to 0.5*(AS+Enforcer dmg).
    This is probably right, because I thought I had read that Tyr's did affect it in this very thread. If no one else did I must've dreamed it or something.

I'm still one trait away from my second golden.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2016-09-07 at 12:34 AM.

Deleted
    hey!

so how do i want to choose my artifact traits for raiding? im sure there is already some guide out there, but i wasnt able to find a up-to-date version.

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Let me be more clear. In high level Mythics, outside of Shield or Guardian (and ofc Final Stand), you cannot tank certain bosses. Druids and warriors can but not protection paladins. You'll need to kite or you will just die.
    ?

I tanked all the mythics (except the suramar ones) with 810 ilvl, we wiped a couple times but it wasn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickykong View Post
    ?

I tanked all the mythics (except the suramar ones) with 810 ilvl, we wiped a couple times but it wasn't that hard.
    P sure he means in mythic+ and when you're talking about big pulls past like +7 he's probably right, especially with berserking or w.e affix makes them enrage at low HP. It's completely possible for you to get 100-0'd through SotR after a stun with sync'd AAs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's kinda broken. Does VERY high damage due to hitting 2/3 times per cast, and due to hitting so often has close to 100% uptime on the 15% melee damage reduction.

I'm not a huge fan of the spell (was always a Smiteadin in D2), but it seems like the best choice for any fight that isn't 100% spell damage based.
    Yeah but that's assuming raid boss-sized enemies, not normal sized enemies. Normal enemies get hit once and never hit again unless you kite them through it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    Anyone know if theck is working on a 7.0 blog post?
    Nope, i mostly do TC now.

Can some1 tell me if this is a bug?

Wanted to create a WA set (and to use an existing one) for seeing the Duration of our artifact cooldown. (25% DR for 9s.)
    But there is simply no aura which i can track?!?

Made a ticket. Gm said, there is no aura intended and I should make a Post to the developers. Really?

Please help

Can't you track a debuff on the target?

Thing is artifact isn't 25% DR on you, it's a demo shout on mobs, which means it's not 100% foolproof (new mobs can come, mobs can leap out of its range as you cast it etc.) and not sure if you can track "is it up on all mobs hitting me" or just target / focus.

Have you guys noticed that Light/Hand of the Protector sometimes heals for very little while out in the world? I think I figured out why. I don't know why or how this triggers but sometimes out in the world my honor talents become activated, my judgement will heal, shield of virtue will become usable, relentless assault will work too. What I'm guessing here is that since pvp talents get activated, the pvp stat template is also activated and in pvp hand of the protector heals for 50% less. This is incredibly annoying, cuts your healing by half which is a big deal when doing large pulls of mobs, and occurs extremely often (at least for me, it happens on at least half the mobs I fight). Gonna submit a bug report. And before anyone asks, I wasn't fighting players, I was fighting elves in Suramar when I noticed it.
    Last edited by Ashelorh; 2016-09-07 at 07:04 AM.

How does Prot Paladin stack up against Prot War at 110? Trying to pick between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah but that's assuming raid boss-sized enemies, not normal sized enemies. Normal enemies get hit once and never hit again unless you kite them through it.
    Actually no, even on a normal sized mob you get a couple of hits off. If you're dealing with a normal sized mob directly in front of you, even with no movement it'll hit them on cast and then once more when it gets back to the front.

As I've said, many times, I'm not a huge fan of the spell and I wish it wasn't as good, but right now I can't bring myself to spec out of it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Is it worth me going Resolve the Truth --> Bulwark of Order before i go for Tyr's enforcer.

HCs/Mythic in mind

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    How does Prot Paladin stack up against Prot War at 110? Trying to pick between the two.
    I found Warrior to be completely shitty compared to previous versions. Rage generation is really weird and doesn't feel like Rage at all anymore. I'm not completely sold on Paladin but it's a fuck of a lot better than whatever shitshow they've turned Warriors into in pursuit of homogenization among tanks.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Can anyone direct me towards or give me accurate stat weights that I can enter into Pawn? The best I've found so far are from noxic which leave a lot to be desired.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I found Warrior to be completely shitty compared to previous versions. Rage generation is really weird and doesn't feel like Rage at all anymore. I'm not completely sold on Paladin but it's a fuck of a lot better than whatever shitshow they've turned Warriors into in pursuit of homogenization among tanks.
    Please make it clear with posts like these that it is a pure opinion.
    Warriors are the strongest tank right now, that is not up for debate. A lot of people love how it plays, some don't.

ITs entirely up for debate, don't be silly, warriors lack alot that other classes give, they have very low damage output, will they take the least damage on single target bosses, very likely, but there has been no raid testing since it was hit for the nerfs, and mythic/mythic+ is an entirely different metric to measure upon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    This is probably right, because I thought I had read that Tyr's did affect it in this very thread. If no one else did I must've dreamed it or something.

I'm still one trait away from my second golden.
    IIRC it did at one point in the beta, but that was changed with the hotfix that changed Bulwark from 20 to 50% - at the very latest. Since I can not test it any more (and never did in detail) I can't be sure that Enforcer ever had any effect on Bulwark.

I am wondering: how much of a boost is Seraphim to Bulwark? It should double dip from Versatility and benefit from the increased AP and crit chance. Especially with more targets, crits become highly reliable while Seraphim is up. Of course, without procs it's hardly possible to get more than two AS out during Sera, but that should still be somewhere in the ballpark of a million absorb. My Bulwark currently seems to cap somewhere just above 490k absorb (testing against low level mobs where I easily hit for 2+ million), which seems pretty close to 20% of my HP. It never goes higher than that. I haven't tested yet if a second use will stack on top of the first one (it does, but I haven't tested it for the 490k cap).

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Tbh while warrior survivability and ability to smooth out damage might be better, paladins have better tools for snap aggro and I just can't pass on the ranged interrupt, got achiev yesterday on mythic Odin by solo locking out the add, feels good.

Now that glyphs are out, so warriors lost gag order and druid lost faerie fire interrupt, I just can't get myself to play them even if their mitigation is superior.

Up to you what you find more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Rynzler88 View Post
    I tried Vers and didn't like it.

Haste has been and probably will be our best stat unless Bliz buffs our mastery or other stats out the roof.

Lower GCDs typically mean more AM uptime which will beat any passive Dmg reduction provided from Vers.

- - - Updated - - -

Warrior will innately feel better than Paladin just because they are the new 6.1 Brewmaster monk. Anytime you can generate consistent absorb sheilds like that you will be top dog.

Paladins can only compete with warriors in terms of having more personal CDs for when their AM buttons are down or in the warrior's case, when their IP shield gets chewed through.

Brewmaster is really good in 5 mans because they can lock down packs well with their aoe stun and stagger the upfront dmg extremely well.

When it comes to raid utility though, they come up short.

Paladins will feel a little spikes at times just because people are used to having 80-90% uptime on SoTR from WoD. The new model doesn't allow this right now so it causes the player to have to think and plan out their resources carefully in higher level play.

As others have said I would recommend watching videos on every dungeon encounter (including trash) to get familiar with what to expect.

After that the best way to stop the spikes is to weave in your shorter personal CDs in areas where SoTR is down. Ardent defender and Eye of Tyr are your friends. They have short CDs. Use them.

Save your trinkets, GoTAK and LOH for the really bad moments. If you happen to dip low use Light of the Protector. This ability is extremely good right now. Use it when you are below 50% health. And I don't think it needs to be said but make sure cons and bh are up close to 100 percent.

I would agree with this. We do have plenty of CDs to bridge those gaps in SotR, including our artifact. I continue to feel that pally tanking is a bit more sophisticated than my other tanks, with more specific buttons for various situations, but I also feel we have amazing upside potential.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-09-07 at 11:31 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"