Cant decide whether to play my priest or my warlock

Both have been my mains over the last couple of expansions, however I have not played wow in 11 months and basically both classes feel completely foreign to me. I am a medical resident and I don't have enough time to level both classes to 100 to find out which I like more (and most certainly won't get to test both in raids), so I am asking for some general opinions.

-I've always liked casters, that's easy, the 3rd option is to boost a mage, but i've never played one ever.
    -Is healing more fun than it was in MoP? I did not enjoy healing that much when I last gave up the game, on my priest. That will play a big role in whether I choose priest for its healing offspec versus warlock and the ability to rotate between three styles of dps. I will always be a DPS first and a healer second, but I do like the idea of being able to heal in the appropriate situations.
    -I do not care about dps meters, but which dps have you had more FUN with. It seems like warlock may be flashier in appearance while blowing things up, but priest has always looked bad ass with the shadowy figure firing mindflay at mobs.

anything else i should know? I am really taking a massive shot in the dark here, I haven't played in so long and most of the things i've read have been about end game dps and why this class is so nerfed and that.. But I care more about fun, I will never be a high end raider, I do hope to reach raids in a casual guild though and be a productive member.

Thanks!

I'd go with the Priest. It will give you more options with either healing or damage roles.

My main was Lock in TBC nad MoP (WotLK/Cata DK) and for WoD I decided to go with shadow priest. I still like my lock (will lvl him up to 100 also) but with priest I have more options and its nice to do sometimes something different than pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    My main was Lock in TBC nad MoP (WotLK/Cata DK) and for WoD I decided to go with shadow priest. I still like my lock (will lvl him up to 100 also) but with priest I have more options and its nice to do sometimes something different than pew pew
    Yeah that i do find appealing. Has healing changed much since early MoP? I heard they were trying to make healing more 'fun' but I dont know if they succeeded. I like the idea of a fun healing class but who knows haha.

They didn't make healing "more fun", they slowed it down. Heals are now very small in comparison to player health pools. No longer can we top people off with 1 spell, or spam the raid with huge AoE heals. Incoming damage is also less spiky, and more consistent.

Hopefully we won't be heading back to WOTLK healing with aura fights and blanketing the raid with HoTs/shields...
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-11-13 at 06:15 PM.

well is shadow dps fun at least? Or does it feel repetitive since there's only one dps spec?