660ti overkill for Q6600?

I recently put my old computer back together for my wife who has recently gotten into playing wow and some other games with me (mostly hearthstone and Smite, nothing too demanding)

It's an old core 2 quad, I believe it's a Q6600, it also has an ancient BFG 9800GTX+ in it.

Since none of these games are super demanding and she's ok with not having ultra graphics, but I'd like them to be better, I thought I would give her my 660ti and purchase one of those wizzy 970's.

But, is it overkill for her machine? I've glanced through a lot of the threads and they mention old processors bottle necking modern GPUs, frankly I don't understand how it all works so I've come here. Curious if she would get a lot more performance or if it would be marginal and not worth it until I rebuild the machine to an i5

Thanks for reading

Deleted
    It's perfectly fine. The CPU is somewhat problmatic for WoW but that doesn't matter in terms of graphics. By the way, if it's only WoW that is important, you don't need an i5, an overclocked G3258 works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    It's perfectly fine. The CPU is somewhat problmatic for WoW but that doesn't matter in terms of graphics. By the way, if it's only WoW that is important, you don't need an i5, an overclocked G3258 works wonders.
    Thank you!