Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbruz View Post
    I love the "just buy more servers" .... Couple of problems with that.

1: Servers like the ones they use cant just be bought at Best Buy. They need to be ordered. That takes time.
    2: When they arrive, they cant just be put into the rack and start running.
    3: They need to be prepared and installed and the data replicated. That takes time.
    4: They need to be implemented, routed and set up to work with existing servers. That takes time.

Not only does all this take time, it also costs a lot of money. And by the end of all of the above, the servers have gone back to normal and fixes will be in place, and the company is out millions of dollars in hardware and manpower, and the servers cant just be taken back. Yes, I know they have a lot of money, but that doesnt mean they can just spend millions on stupid stuff...thats not how a business works.

So buying more servers would be stupid not only in a business sense, but would also be idiotic for anyone with COMMON sense - which sadly isnt really that common anymore

Pissing your pants might feel good and warm at first, but after a while, you start smelling of pee
    Not really. With SAN technology and virtualization, it's not that expensive or as time consuming as it used to be. Plus, all large companies take advantage of a huge technology refresh tax break every 3 years, so it's in their best interest to upgrade at that time, and all of them do.

I notice how everyone's whining how all the problems with queue and login is Blizzard's fault, when they also said that it was partly due to multiple heavy DDOS attacks going off at the same time, which does its more-than-fair share at clogging the metaphorical tubes as well, in addition to the logins. It's having to handle both the login flood and the DDOS carpetbombings, that is causing the issues - they were anticipating the server-load from the logins, but the logins plus the DDOSing is what's straining them.

THIS is what's causing your queue times, folks, not Blizzard.
    Last edited by ChaosWolf; 2014-11-14 at 05:10 AM.

ban all russian ip addresses, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Yes. They are obviously sitting at their asses just laughing at us not doing anything about it......
    That's what they're good at, so yes. Care to explain to me how so many fuckups get on to live servers when people in the beta forums told them over and over again about them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    ban all russian ip addresses, problem solved.
    Yes because the massive flood of traffic from Southeast Asia is clearly Russia... Lolwut?
    Last edited by mykro9; 2014-11-14 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    Yes because the massive flood of logins from Southeast Asia is clearly Russia... Lolwut?
    Americans have no clue about geography. Best to ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    But... But... I am an American.... Q_Q

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Not all Americans do. Our countries idea of education is horrible. So its not entirely their fault.
    Then not all Americans choose to better themselves, rather then burying their faces in their phones with Facebook open.
    *sigh*

Well this blows, I was only able to play and hour or so this morning after work, couldnt get on when I got tonight and now I wont be able to get on after work for several hours.......

10+ Year Old Account
    At what point are we entitled to a refund on the lost playtime?

No expansion has ever been this bad. AQ event wasnt this bad....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbruz View Post
    I love the "just buy more servers" .... Couple of problems with that.

1: Servers like the ones they use cant just be bought at Best Buy. They need to be ordered. That takes time.
    2: When they arrive, they cant just be put into the rack and start running.
    3: They need to be prepared and installed and the data replicated. That takes time.
    4: They need to be implemented, routed and set up to work with existing servers. That takes time.

Not only does all this take time, it also costs a lot of money. And by the end of all of the above, the servers have gone back to normal and fixes will be in place, and the company is out millions of dollars in hardware and manpower, and the servers cant just be taken back. Yes, I know they have a lot of money, but that doesnt mean they can just spend millions on stupid stuff...thats not how a business works.

So buying more servers would be stupid not only in a business sense, but would also be idiotic for anyone with COMMON sense - which sadly isnt really that common anymore

Pissing your pants might feel good and warm at first, but after a while, you start smelling of pee

They have had these problems for 5 expansions now. They KNOW that this happens every single time they launch an expansion or new content patch. They have had PLENTY of time to buy more hardware prior to launch of WoD so that the launch would be smooth and yet they were too cheap to do so (using the line that if they bought what they needed, they would sit unused after a month). I dont care. They make billions a year and can afford it. They can use them every 2 years when they have a new launch, or repurpose them for other game launches like D3, HoTS, or Overwatch when it comes out. ALL their games suffer from these issues at launch. We re paying for a game that we cant play. Its not a F2P game where you can just say deal with it, you arent paying for it anyway
    Last edited by Orlong; 2014-11-14 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samishii23 View Post
    Not all Americans do. Our countries idea of education is horrible. So its not entirely their fault.
    Then not all Americans choose to better themselves, rather then burying their faces in their phones with Facebook open.
    *sigh*
    #notallamericans

warlords of icantplaynor.
    this is a disaster....shame on everyone responsible.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does seem worse than my experiences in the past. The Wrath release was pretty smooth for me. However, yesterday I had a 400+ minute queue with about 6000 people in it on the Proudmoore server. The night before, after the Tanaan chain ended, there were hundreds of people stacked on Velen, many of them mounted, and the interact keybind didn't seem to work. I expect these things, and don't feel the need to go nuts about it, but it certainly doesn't feel good. At least I was smart enough not to take time off of work this time. Hopefully this means they brought back an amazing amount of players to the game.

Seriously poor job, Blizz. I logged in at 11 am pst, sat in queue for two and a half hours. Got to character screen, clicked the one I wanted and was immediately DC'd. Clicked login again and got presented with 5892 queue. The 1100 person queue took two and a half hours. They fixed absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    My wife has no clue about geography either. However she does have a clue about how to micro-inject embryos to make transgenic mice that are then used in various ways to help create medicines and vaccines. Can you do that? Best to ignore you.