Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Should we expect an Apology?

Should we expect an apology from this atrocious launch? Nothing but Qs, disconnects, buggy questlines and irritated players. For a service that we pay for monthly on top of game purchase requirements, should we expect an apology?

Thoughts? Comments? Angry opinionated comments?

Warlords of Draenor? More like Queuelords of Draenor!

I feel like we're entitled to one, but I doubt we'll see one.

Deleted
    No. This was (and is) a pretty smooth launch compared to Ahn'Qiraj, BC and LK launches. Cata and MoP were arguably worse, too.

Why would we deserve an apology? Sure the launch has been rough (as you would expect with any large MMO), but they never promised a perfect launch, and why should they? Obviously these things will happen when this amount of people ALL log in at once...

Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    Should we expect an apology from this atrocious launch? Nothing but Qs, disconnects, buggy questlines and irritated players. For a service that we pay for monthly on top of game purchase requirements, should we expect an apology?

Thoughts? Comments? Angry opinionated comments?

Warlords of Draenor? More like Queuelords of Draenor!
    Not much you can do to mitigate a DDOS when any 13 year-old with a prepaid credit card can rent a botnet to launch an attack.

I do agree the some concessions should be made -- but I think fixing the problem is more important right this second, tbh.

Queuelords of Draenor? More like QQlords of Draenor.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

As bad as this is I think nothing beats FFXIV ARR Launch. There were no ques on that one, you had to keep hitting the log in button until you were lucky enough to hit it ahead of the other 1000 people trying to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should apologise OP, for expecting it to work flawlessly on day 1 !!
    Go and feel the shame!
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I've played since vanilla and have never had a launch this bad before. And I played on Illidan in cata/mop...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    I've played since vanilla and have never had a launch this bad before. And I played on Illidan in cata/mop...
    Then you are lying. BC was utter shit, and LK was not much better.

I don't see why people are saying this isn't as bad compared to previous launches...WoD is by far the worst launch I've experienced since BC. But being on Mal'ganis, a high pop server, it's more than expected. Blizz doesn't care about us so they wouldn't apologize, but we do deserve one!

Did anyone seriously NOT expect this to happen? I'm not even surprised or irritated. And I'm pretty sure those people that decided to take time off to play during launch are complaining the most, despite the fact that so many people warned them that Blizzard launches tend to go bad.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Then you are lying. BC was utter shit, and LK was not much better.
    I think it's you who is lying.

This for me, is definitely the worst launch yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Deleted
    No. This was (and is) a pretty smooth launch compared to Ahn'Qiraj, BC and LK launches. Cata and MoP were arguably worse, too.
    Excuse me sir, you are still wearing your rose tinted googles I am afraid.

No, because, they were not.

AQ was gruesome for 5 hours. BC was unplayable for two.. WotLK, Cata and even MoP had their queues, discos and laggs to.

But we are now 25 FREKKING HOURS POST LAUNCH, and the problems still persist.

This is BY FAR the worst launch, not only of a WoW expac, but of any MMO in the history of MMOs.

BTT: No, we shouldn't get an apology. We should get Blizzards entire crew on their freaking knees, begging our forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by ujx View Post
    Vanilla had issues for weeks on end. Walking around in loot position across entire zones. Falling off of ships. Free days handed out like candy. It has been less than 24h. You can't claim it is the worst launch yet. Could it get there? Sure. We're not there yet.

the rage is strong in this one.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Nope. Nope. 10char
    Excellence, completed by Shyama!

You must be new here. No one is entitled to anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    You should apologise OP, for expecting it to work flawlessly on day 1 !!
    Go and feel the shame!
    As a paying customer for 8 years, I have never expected anything to be flawless. But when its something this bad.... There's bad, and then there is this kind of bad. And it definitely is this kind of bad.

plays on a low pop server.