Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Well they've named themselves "The Lizard Squad", so it's safe to say they are just piles of shit seeking to cause problems for others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    Jackasses who want to see people rage.
    This really, making he servers faceplant is just the setup, the (Apparently) fun part is seeing all those people whining, complaining, slamming the desk with their tiny fists, wailing, gnashing their teeth and threatening to unsub over it...

I'm not saying the situation is fun, but you'll have at least a year and a half to roam around in Draenor (and probably get utterly bored of the place by the end of that time :P ), so try to remain calm about it all, the boys at Blizzard HQ are doing their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    In China, screw over Americans is viewed by many people as a 'pat on the back' achievement. A badge of honor if you will. The Chinese have not gotten over the way they were treated by Western powers in the past. What with the East India trade company and the opium war, the Chinese got a pretty raw deal for a while. Combine that with the fact that USA is Chinas biggest competitor, the 'big guy on the block' and you have an environment where getting the upper hand on an American, or American organization is commendable. Maybe not in an official sense, but the average person ill gin when they see one of us over here having a hard time.
    You realize that just because the attacks originate from China, it doesn't mean that someone in China orchestrated the attack, right? The graphs were indicating that traffic was coming from several EU hosts and China hosts. Someone is controlling a decent sized botnet and aiming it at specific places such as California. For all we know, it could be some script kiddie in Detroit who is looking for fame and commanding the legion of rooted machines.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    DDOSING happens... Easy for independent people to see when it happens. Unless you are suggesting Blizzard DDOS themselves to cover themselves...
    Yeah, and anyone who actually thinks Blizz would DDoS themselves is an idiot. Let it be known, to DDoS is to potentially destroy thousands of dollars worth of server-equipment. So let's just get that put out there before anyone starts to think Blizzard would do such a ludicrously STUPID thing.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    As I said, I think it's bullshit. There's no way for anyone to check the validity of that claim, and it gives them some room to breathe. They very rarely get DDOSed, and what are the odds of it happening at the exact same moment as this cluster****?
    Very rarely? They were attacked just a few months ago. People couldn't log in and it lasted for a few days. How quickly people forget! :O

When you publicly say "Hey guys, I'm launching something new on THIS particular day!" it can sometimes invite people to do malicious things. It is pretty well advertised after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drslump View Post
    You realize that just because the attacks originate from China, it doesn't mean that someone in China orchestrated the attack, right? The graphs were indicating that traffic was coming from several EU hosts and China hosts. Someone is controlling a decent sized botnet and aiming it at specific places such as California. For all we know, it could be some script kiddie in Detroit who is looking for fame and commanding the legion of rooted machines.
    People in Detroit can't afford computers

Quote Originally Posted by Magewang View Post
    Blizzard made the cake, the ddos was merely the icing.
    this. which they, btw, also mentioned...they didn't say 'omg this ddos is the reason you can't play lel'

Very rarely? They were attacked just a few months ago. People couldn't log in and it lasted for a few days. How quickly people forget! :O

When you publicly say "Hey guys, I'm launching something new on THIS particular day!" it can sometimes invite people to do malicious things. It is pretty well advertised after all.
    Havent they and others been DDOS'd multiple times in the past few months?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Let's see..Blizzard says lets all just get along in Blizzcon opening remarks. Everybody knows they are referring to Gamergate, and less than a week later a massive DDOS happens. Pure coincidence I am certain.
    Yea those chinamen and russians DDOSing really care about backpage US social issues

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, Riot and Valve got fucked with DDOS'ers for a couple of days that ended in the games being completely unplayable. You might as well not have played during that time because setting up takes around 20 minutes to get in and ready to play only to have the game crash and you can't do anything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madcow0311 View Post
    I imagine someone or many someones are going to some trouble to do it, but why? I can't wrap my mind around it.

Someone help me understand?
    At the end of the day, evil people will do evil things. The actions/ideas don't have to make sense to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    Yep, Riot and Valve got fucked with DDOS'ers for a couple of days that ended in the games being completely unplayable. You might as well not have played during that time because setting up takes around 20 minutes to get in and ready to play only to have the game crash and you can't do anything about it.
    Holy double post Batman. My bad. No clue how that happened.

I dunno what's with all the DDOSing lately. Just kinda meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
    Holy double post Batman. My bad. No clue how that happened.

I dunno what's with all the DDOSing lately. Just kinda meh.

Edit: fuck is going on with my posts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a link to a real-time map of all attacks happening around the world on darknets showing the origination, destination and type of attack. SoCal is getting crushed at the moment: http://map.ipviking.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Nah it's cool man. I was making a joke myself.

You can't come out and say a DDOS attack is happening without it happening though. That's my point. I think that's the point we're both trying to make here.

Hackers have some weird philosophy shit I'll never really understand.
    A person who finds themselves with the power to influence others lives, for good or bad, is guaranteed to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Masqerader View Post
    People in Detroit can't afford computers
    And why would that be?
    Judge a man not by the gleam of his sword, but by the dents in his shield.