Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So, if my assumptions are right, PI is, in fact, always mathematically better than SS throughputwise.

It's just that damage patterns favor SS because of the high overheal PoH generates and, well, absorbs. I didn't do any raid during beta so if you tell me there's a lot of overheal going on there, I won't argue...

Still, it would be a shame if PI is never better than SS (especially on mythic progression fights). It would mean that their "new" healing model is just the same as MOP...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If you are spamming PW:S, why would you deliberately charge Evangelism stacks?

The result is disc is basically 4 spells: Spirit Shell to burn mana -> T90 -> Solace on CD -> PW:S as filler
    You wouldn't, you are right. I wrote maybe, in a sort of wishful thinking trance that we haven't been basically shoehorned into what you have outlined.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    So, if my assumptions are right, PI is, in fact, always mathematically better than SS throughputwise.

It's just that damage patterns favor SS because of the high overheal PoH generates and, well, absorbs. I didn't do any raid during beta so if you tell me there's a lot of overheal going on there, I won't argue...

Still, it would be a shame if PI is never better than SS (especially on mythic progression fights). It would mean that their "new" healing model is just the same as MOP...
    In Mythic, the less-obvious power of SS goes up exponentially as burst damage becomes higher.
    On any lower difficulty, SS healing is more easily appreciable as a stat because it's a great cd to snipe other healers with right before you know they will pop a raid cd like Tranq.

Focusing on overhealing, it is certainly noticeably lower across the board. No longer would you see things like 80-95% overheal Healing Rain etc, but overheal is still fairly significant. Many ordinary healing spells sit at 30-50% overhealing, especially "smart" heals since they love to target people at 99.99% health and thus waste a huge part of the heal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aimeez View Post
    You wouldn't, you are right. I wrote maybe, in a sort of wishful thinking trance that we haven't been basically shoehorned into what you have outlined.
    One thing you definitely pointed out is disc priests(actually, most healer classes) have taken a significant hit to decision making. Which is especially ironic since Blizzard wants healers to think more about where their heals go to as well as which spells they use.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

15+ Year Old Account
    Its wotlk healing all over again. Was doing mythic garrosh last week with another disc, and it was annoying as hell. It is definitely not going to be beneficial to bring 2 discs to progression fights. After I hit 90 I may drop shadow, and just be disc/holy for raids. So far, I don't see any other priests leveling in my guild right now, so I will wait til we start raiding before I switch.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, best guide ever.

Deleted
    lmfao this thread. there's 4-5 healing spots in a raid (most likely 4) with 6 healer specs, and people itt are actually crying it's not 100% optimal to stack 2-3 discs like that's a fucking bad thing. fucking disc priests

Quote Originally Posted by fart View Post
    lmfao this thread. there's 4-5 healing spots in a raid (most likely 4) with 6 healer specs, and people itt are actually crying it's not 100% optimal to stack 2-3 discs like that's a fucking bad thing. fucking disc priests
    Except you know if you're in a situation where you are missing a healer and the only available healer is shaman/paladin/druid/holy priest, you just take them and think "awesome". However, if it's a disc priest, you need to consider if you already have one. And if you do then you just can't take them, simple as that. That fucking sucks.

Deleted
    It's really presumptuous to say it's literally impossible to bring 2 disc priests to a mythic encounter. In the worst case scenario, one of the disc priests could simply respec holy, and while it's not optimal to force someone to play a different spec, it's a much better alternative than being encouraged to stack discs would be without this kind of mechanism.

It's really presumptuous to say it's literally impossible to bring 2 disc priests to a mythic encounter. In the worst case scenario, one of the disc priests could simply respec holy, and while it's not optimal to force someone to play a different spec, it's a much better alternative than being encouraged to stack discs would be without this kind of mechanism.
    If you don't care about optimizing your raid composition, sure - but don't come crying to others when 2 disc priests didn't work as well as 1 disc and "insert other healer class" like we already told you so.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    If you don't care about optimizing your raid composition, sure - but don't come crying to others when 2 disc priests didn't work as well as 1 disc and "insert other healer class" like we already told you so.
    why would i cry about that? thats a good thing.

It's also not impossible to have a raid with only druids, but you are gimping your raid by doing so. The whole "respec holy" is just making my blood boil. Why don't you go on the warlock forums and tell them to stop whining about Destro when they can all just change specs. See how you do there.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Sweet tears for HN nerf? Come on guys, you should've been reasonable, told ya it would be nerfed. Instant cast cheap aoe spell can not be more effective than a casted high-cost group-limited PoH. Seriously.
    People didn't really enjoy HN spam either, so not sure why you're going off with the "tears" tirade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    It's also not impossible to have a raid with only druids, but you are gimping your raid by doing so. The whole "respec holy" is just making my blood boil. Why don't you go on the warlock forums and tell them to stop whining about Destro when they can all just change specs. See how you do there.
    yes well if it makes you feel any better not bringing a disc priest at all (which should be a completely viable option) also gimps your raid which more than counters out this issue.

yes well if it makes you feel any better not bringing a disc priest at all (which should be a completely viable option) also gimps your raid which more than counters out this issue.
    You can just run a holy priest in place of a disc and it wouldn't weaken you in the slightest.

Also, you sound like Floopa.

No, it doesn't. There shouldn't be a single spec that makes or breaks your raid. It's bad design. I don't know why you're pretending that you know what the priest community wants when you seem to be completely clueless.

We don't want to be special snowflakes that are needed in raids above anyone else, we just want a fun, efficient spec that can hold its own against others. That's literally it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    No, it doesn't. There shouldn't be a single spec that makes or breaks your raid. It's bad design.
    eh, yes, i agree. and im saying its stupid to complain about how its slightly less optimal to bring 2 disc priests than it is to bring 2 players of a different healing spec, because disc's unique absorb capabilities will make the spec extremely in demand anyway. you're complaining about situations where a disc may potentially not be brought to a raid, while it's extremely likely that disc priests will be the most represented healer spec in raid content, again.

I think it is safe to say that Disc is on the "Roller Coaster" and does not appear to be getting off any time soon. Not too late to get out, but for those who are committed to the Class/Spec, I think you are in for a wild ride this xpac.

The simplest solution was to bring back cata disc imo. This guide actually sums it for disc atm.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I approve this guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

eh, yes, i agree. and im saying its stupid to complain about how its slightly less optimal to bring 2 disc priests than it is to bring 2 players of a different healing spec, because disc's unique absorb capabilities will make the spec extremely in demand anyway. you're complaining about situations where a disc may potentially not be brought to a raid, while it's extremely likely that disc priests will be the most represented healer spec in raid content, again.
    No, I'm complaining that the spec is designed badly. Its spell selection is poor, spell interaction is poor and it's simply not fun to play. The stackability is one of many complaints on a much longer list, which was basically covered in the OP. I simply added another item to it.