Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

If there is a heaven, I'm probably not getting there.

Before I start..... in NO WAY am I against anybody's belief in any religion. If you want to worship Barney the Dinosaur, so be it. This story is about me, and me only.

I attended a funeral today for the stepson of my favorite brother in law. The boy was 17 years old, and died in a car crash, when he was thrown from the car without wearing a seat belt. Another boy in the car died, and a girl in the car got out of the hospital today. I barely knew the boy, as we never really spent much time together. But I surely felt bad for all of his living friends and relatives.

But while I was in the church, all I could feel was a total disconnect with organized religion. My mind wandered all over the place. I looked at pretty women... and had thoughts one should not have at a funeral.... I thought about some issues going on in my own family..... I thought about how I don't fit in when I go to church. I kept thinking, "please let this be over soon." And then the minute I get out of church, it was like a wave of relief.

I grew up in a Catholic family. I spent some years in a Catholic school - about 6, IIRC. I once wanted to be an alter boy.

I think of myself as somewhat spiritual, but not overly so. My personal beliefs are not at all in line with the church's mandates. When I attend church, I feel a sense of hypocrisy within me. ( Of course, I do want to support family and friends ) I never go to church for any reason except to support friends and family.

Then, as we were at the burial, the thought hits me..... As decent a person as I think I am, if there is a heaven, I'm probably not getting there.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speak for yourself.

I'm gonna have wimmez crying over my coffin.

Deleted
    If there is a God then he will judge you on your own merits and not how much you believe in him.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    If there is a God then he will judge you on your own merits and not how much you believe in him.
    Mmm religious threads.

Who says the catholics know the one way to heaven? Everybody has their own ideas, but no one has the authority on it.

When I'm in a terribly sad situation, I tend to drift and think of other things to get me through. Maybe it's just your way of dealing with things, your minds defense mechanism. I wouldn't necessarily think it would make you hell bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Who says the catholics know the one way to heaven?
    Who says they don't?

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    Before I start..... in NO WAY am I against anybody's belief in any religion. If you want to worship Barney the Dinosaur, so be it. This story is about me, and me only.

I attended a funeral today for the stepson of my favorite brother in law. The boy was 17 years old, and died in a car crash, when he was thrown from the car without wearing a seat belt. Another boy in the car died, and a girl in the car got out of the hospital today. I barely knew the boy, as we never really spent much time together. But I surely felt bad for all of his living friends and relatives.

But while I was in the church, all I could feel was a total disconnect with organized religion. My mind wandered all over the place. I looked at pretty women... and had thoughts one should not have at a funeral.... I thought about some issues going on in my own family..... I thought about how I don't fit in when I go to church. I kept thinking, "please let this be over soon." And then the minute I get out of church, it was like a wave of relief.

I grew up in a Catholic family. I spent some years in a Catholic school - about 6, IIRC. I once wanted to be an alter boy.

I think of myself as somewhat spiritual, but not overly so. My personal beliefs are not at all in line with the church's mandates. When I attend church, I feel a sense of hypocrisy within me. ( Of course, I do want to support family and friends ) I never go to church for any reason except to support friends and family.

Then, as we were at the burial, the thought hits me..... As decent a person as I think I am, if there is a heaven, I'm probably not getting there.
    You dont have to goto church or be a hypocritical christian to go to heaven. All you have to do is believe in JESUS CHRIST as your lord and saviour and you shall have everlasting life.

15+ Year Old Account
    If there is a heaven, I am already in hell.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    All you have to do is believe in JESUS CHRIST as your lord and saviour and you shall have everlasting life.
    Citation needed.

Pretty sure religious topics like this aren't allowed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Who says they don't?
    Everyone except for the catholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Pretty sure religious topics like this aren't allowed.
    I have no idea.... but I wanted a place to let my thoughts out. But if people could act intelligently, as they should, then I don't see the problem.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/WarcraftStroies/

Come share your favorite Warcraft Stories! Please read the description of the page before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Everyone except for the catholics.
    Well rightly so m8!

I hear ya. I have no interest in religion even though I went to a catholic school my whole life. I couldn't care less if someone is religious, but I seriously DO NOT want to hear about it and do not 'god bless' me.
    Nothing to do with all the above, but I also feel the seat waiting for me in hell gets brushed off every day in preparation for my arrival. But I am cool with that.

I'd rather go to Valhalla. Fighting all day* and feasting all night† sounds more interesting than playing harps on a cloud.

Besides the company is better.

*I'm guessing that "fighting" translates to playing video games for modern people.
    †I'm also guessing that "feasting" is short hand for all pleasures of the flesh.
    Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2014-11-14 at 02:37 AM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Don't worry. Everything will be sorted out in the end. If you find a religion that makes you a better person and you're comfortable with, then join it. If you don't ever feel comfortable and you feel like you can be a good person without going to church, so be it.

My churches belief is this: We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

So, do whatever you feel makes you a better and happier person. No one should judge you for living your life in what you believe is the right way.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Clearly a miracle , he was lifted by gods hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's ok, from all the descriptions I've heard it's a really dull place.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Hell is where all the cool stuff happens.