Followers missions and Garrison resources...

They eat up all my Garrison resources...I just finished the first zone and upgraded my Garrison to Level 2. I have only built Barracks and Lumber Mil (have 2 small building empty cause I have Mining-herbalism). Still, just all my followers to missions I spend almost 70-80% of my resources. My Lumber mill just created, so this may help a bit in the future, although Lumber mill offer 20 GR every 4 hours and Missions take 10-20 GR each and some of them are 1 hour, others 1,5 hour...

Am I doing it wrong? Should I just focus on 2-3 followers at a time and not putting them all on missions every hour?
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    They eat up all my Garrison resources...I just finished the first zone and upgraded my Garrison to Level 2. I have only built Barracks and Lumber Mil (have 2 small building empty cause I have Mining-herbalism). Still, just all my followers to missions I spend almost 70-80% of my resources. My Lumber mill just created, so this may help a bit in the future, although Lumber mill offer 20 GR every 4 hours and Missions take 10-20 GR each and some of them are 1 hour, others 1,5 hour...

Am I doing it wrong? Should I just focus on 2-3 followers at a time and not putting them all on missions every hour?
    Nah, your doing it right, its part of the game. Go out and find more resources or slack off it a bit, etc.

Remember, this isn't designed to be "done" in 3 days, it will take you weeks to fully flesh out your garisson and such.

10+ Year Old Account

Rewards from follower missions seem useless for the cost in Garrison resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithan View Post
    Nah, your doing it right, its part of the game. Go out and find more resources or slack off it a bit, etc.

Remember, this isn't designed to be "done" in 3 days, it will take you weeks to fully flesh out your garisson and such.
    Ok then I just thought maybe I should save GR for later to construct the good buildings at lv2 and lv3. Anyway, I ll keep spamming missions for all followers and will see where this will lead

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    For now yes, but later on you can have raid rewards..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Kill rares (only once), pick up ressource caches (again, only once) and stock your lumbermill with workorders.
    Me, I'm in gorgrond right now, also with a lumber mill as medium building and 11? followers right now. I rarely have them be lazy and always do all (feasible) missions.
    I'm at 700GR right now. YOu either have some very bad luck with ressource consumption or you are doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you also check around your Garrison inside and outside the walls..behind bldgs for dirt piles ....seems that little dog will put up a max of 4 dirt piles that have resources in them buried..also check your Garrison ever few hours as a box of resources will show up for you to open up...also I would get an addon called Handy Notes with the WoD pack...it places on your map all known locations of rare stuff you can find in WoD many of which are resources for your Garrison.

thanks for the info. I finished the Frostfire Ridge questline and got the achievement (although there also quests left in the map). I heard that I should get a map with treasures since I have finished the zone storyline but did not received any. I am 92 now and the main story quest take me to Gorgond.

Should I continue there or stay and finish all quests in Frostfire Ridge? Where are those cache that you open once and have GR inside? I suppose the treasure map I should have by now show the location right?

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the info. I finished the Frostfire Ridge questline and got the achievement (although there also quests left in the map). I heard that I should get a map with treasures since I have finished the zone storyline but did not received any. I am 92 now and the main story quest take me to Gorgond.

Should I continue there or stay and finish all quests in Frostfire Ridge? Where are those cache that you open once and have GR inside? I suppose the treasure map I should have by now show the location right?

The cache that shows up every so many hours will show on your map as a white box....usually it near a bigger bldg you have in there...the dirt piles don't show up on the map ...you have to find them by going all around your Garrison inside and outside the wall....I found a few behind my bldgs yesterday...from what wowhead.com said there maybe only a max of 4 dirt piles from the puppy that buries the stuff.

As far as questing I don't know your play style...some folks like to do all the quests before leaving a zone to the next zone...myself I love to explore others zones before I even quest there ...I do that to find nodes and placement of nodes for future use.

Ah I know, the garrison cache..yeap I am using this but did not searched for piles. I ll do that once I am home Well I am also like you, I like to move on on new zones and move around for a while before questing, but maybe this is the first time that I will do all quests in the game for garrison resources and followers...

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently debating whether to remove my inn and get a lumber mill, was kinda sad that I forgot about the whole GR situation. But on the plus side, my inn's dailies provide very lucrative rewards and that works out as about 60-70 GR per day, so I dont feel so bad now

Just wondering where Im gonna get the 900 needed to upgrade barracks and that bloody town hall lol. 2000? u wot m8. Still I LOVE the situation though, love building up things!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah I know, the garrison cache..yeap I am using this but did not searched for piles. I ll do that once I am home Well I am also like you, I like to move on on new zones and move around for a while before questing, but maybe this is the first time that I will do all quests in the game for garrison resources and followers...
    But do get that addon called Handy Notes with the WoD pack...its great while your out in zones...many of the treasures put out there this time are really hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    But do get that addon called Handy Notes with the WoD pack...its great while your out in zones...many of the treasures put out there this time are really hard to find.
    Oh man I forgot about that! I had it for timeless isle!!I didn't think that it would be out too soon! I am definitely gonna install it now

You'll have quite a bit of resource by the time your 100, I ended up with 1800 when I dinged. today I should have enough to get Tier 3 and then start upgrading other buildings (I already did enchanters to level 2, so I would have had 2100 I believe if I didnt)

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    to touch on that. during the leveling process I have not seen or had reported to me ANY gear that was even remotely worth looting off the dead bodies other than to be vendored. why??? why is all the gear at least 30 ilvl lower than what an average competent player should already be wearing? the highest item I saw drop was a 570 cloak from a dungeon mission box. why are toons that are LEVELS higher than 90 finding gear that is LEVELS lower than what they are already wearing. makes no sense to me.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    to touch on that. during the leveling process I have not seen or had reported to me ANY gear that was even remotely worth looting off the dead bodies other than to be vendored. why??? why is all the gear at least 30 ilvl lower than what an average competent player should already be wearing? the highest item I saw drop was a 570 cloak from a dungeon mission box. why are toons that are LEVELS higher than 90 finding gear that is LEVELS lower than what they are already wearing. makes no sense to me.
    Because it's tuned (and aimed) at returning people who boosted 90's with boosted gear?

OT: Yeah, while leveling I'd focus on acquiring resources by killing rares and looting treasure chests. That, along with Lumber Mill has me at 900 or so. I'm just focusing on leveling my followers - the garrison provides a (small) amount of resources itself in the cache, but most of the missions I have seen are like 10 garrison resources cost.
    Last edited by ZavBE; 2014-11-14 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks to Visenna for the signature.

There's also a small underwater cave near the fishing shack that has a chest with garrison resources.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have you been killing rares? Doing the events? Looting chests?

I know I dumped all my resources into the Level 2 upgrade and filling the slots I got from it, but I have never had a moment where I'm like "I want to send these followers on missions, but I don't have resources."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    When I leveled in wrath I didn't upgrade anything on my rogue except weapons until naxx. The item squish has changed the gear disparity for the time being.