can't decide, hunter or rogue

So I have both a 90 hunter and a 90 rogue. Equally geared and I really don't know which one I want to level to 100 first... My rogue is my rogue. Love that stealth but my hunter is my hunter... Overall fun.

Which one would be better for PvP at 100? Or are they about equal?

Deleted
    At the moment choosing rogue is not fun imo:
    - there is almost no choice in talents - some are too valuable to pass even if they go against good gameplay - Subterfuge, Burst of speed, Marked for death to name a few. You just have to take them to be viable even if you hate them.
    - world pvp is about ganking and running away with BoS if you don't manage to kill the target and they recover, then you restealth, wait for CDs and try again. Pretty boring actually
    - the whole gameplay revolves around abusing BoS and/or ganking people
    - the good thing about rogues is that they got pruned the least and retained most of their tools

Hunter, similar to rogue, has issues, but is much more enjoyable in most aspects of pvp
    - MM rotation is boring, but abilities hit really hard and with a little backup you can be devastating and you can kill people from 50% health in 3 cds with chimera and double kill shot after you get the kill shot perk
    - BM feels very complete and if you're good you can do crazy things with the spec. Many things changed about the spec - the burst ability is murder of crows now, and not so much bestial wrath.
    - Hunters have 4 slows - concussive, glaive toss, pet slow and frozen ammo. At times you can have all 4 slows on your target and even rogues don't stand a chance because the moment they use BoS they get another of these 4 slows applied, so they eventually run out of energy and vanish or die
    - Instant traps allow for crazy skill - instant explosive trap and freezing trap are the ultimate peels at the moment, very strong for solo and group play. Explosive trap knockback is HUGE now with melees having less gap closers. Warr charge and DK grip can be neutralized with instant knockbacks
    - You can dispel stuff - this is huge, even more so than before, because more buffs get cast rather than insta-cast so dispelling them is a big pain in the ass to healers
    - Max range caster kiting is back! Now that casters have to actually cast, you can kill them from 40y range, because they don't have many instants and once they start casting you LoS them. Skill cap for that is high but you can actually kill mages and other casters with 100% health left
    Last edited by mmocf92f1f87d7; 2014-11-14 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    hunters are the most op shiat next to glad warriors. they have 5 freedoms, 5 sprints, slow in auto-shot and more self-heal than a feral druid or blood dk...leveling a hunter now is the right thing to do if you want to have MAJOR fun

Hunters are easier to play and less punishing if you make mistakes. Quite the opposite for the rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
    Hunters are easier to play and less punishing if you make mistakes. Quite the opposite for the rogue.
    Except not at all. Just run Dirty Tricks as a rogue and you can never get punished.

rogues man. Top tier S1: DK, ret, feral, rogue.

All Hunter specs got ridiculously boring with the new wod change. press 2 buttons to win pretty much.

Rogues are always OP, you can't go wrong with it. Hunters have only been OP in MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    At the moment choosing rogue is not fun imo:
    - there is almost no choice in talents - some are too valuable to pass even if they go against good gameplay - Subterfuge, Burst of speed, Marked for death to name a few. You just have to take them to be viable even if you hate them.
    - world pvp is about ganking and running away with BoS if you don't manage to kill the target and they recover, then you restealth, wait for CDs and try again. Pretty boring actually
    - the whole gameplay revolves around abusing BoS and/or ganking people
    - the good thing about rogues is that they got pruned the least and retained most of their tools
    Subterfuge might be an important talent, but not BoS & MFD really, I'm playing anticipation & shadowstep, and I know many others do that as well(including top rogues). Also, rogues aren't just about abusing BoS & ganking people in world pvp, so to me it looks like you don't even play a rogue(properly). Rogue is a great support class in arena aswell, still OP rogue comps out ther.