Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So I've tried to get a refund for wod..

So I like many others have been waiting so long for wod and was really looking forward to it. I took a couple of days off work just to play and what happened? I couldn't even login at all ..I managed to get some playtime during the early morning hours and the lag sucked so much. I did NOT pay for this.

So I've called blizzard and asked for a refund and all their phone lines were busy. I tried using their ticket system/web chat and no avail. Honestly, this launch has been so awful i just want my money back you know? You'd think after so many expansions they'd actually know what they're doing but no, server disconnects and lag for almost two days now.

So finally after like a day and a half of waiting for ticket response I got one and it said they don't offer refunds for the game since it launched already...wtf honestly I PAID for a working expansion. I mean what..we've paid 10 extra euros/10 dollars for the expansion? It's like we paid for these server issues!!

So I figured, what the hell i will just go to the bank and issue a refund right? I mean how hard can it be right? So early morning I go the bank..everything's fine and great.. I walked in the bank and do you know what happened?

I got teleported back to my house and a huge "transfer aborted: instance not found" text appeared right infront of me!!

wtf

10+ Year Old Account
    If you had played during pretty much any launch besides MoP, you'd have known that this is definitely a possibility. I do agree it sucks that you wasted some days off and such, but you can't really expect a refund from a product you already have.

lel

Quite surprised you made it to the bank tbh.. thought you'd be stuck on loading screen boss

Check out GoG.com lots of good games there and as far as digital distribution goes, they have an industry leading 30 day return policy. Green Man Gaming has a good trade in policy too. Just leave the blizzard realm and you got options. Blizzard knows they're the apple of gaming so people will kiss their asses no matter what, no need for them to care.

i take it you haven't been around for any other launch...

it is a given...you're not the only one taking time off work to play (which is ridiculous), players whose accounts have been inactive for months/years suddenly come back to join in on the launch, the whole server is in the same place...what do you expect? and if you rolled on a high populated server, you now know why low populated servers are recommended

to be honest, i don't think you deserve a refund just because you can't play just as it launched...i decided to go to bed and have a good night's sleep and logged in at noon - the game was running smooth for me the whole time

EDIT: completely missed the last 2 lines and therefore the joke
    Last edited by Sundreamer; 2014-11-14 at 05:44 PM.

They may comp days of play, but I don't see why they would refund the game. You'll be able to play it just fine here soon, though I do agree that players should be comped some subscription time, as no one's been able to do much actual playing these couple days.

They'll most likely give us 1 or 2 days free. Other than that, do not expect a refund. Only way for them to lose money is by unsubscribing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Only way for them to lose money is by unsubscribing.
    And even then, it would be like a raindrop in the ocean.

people never read the whole thread do they? lol

Should not have taken day 1 or 2 off. You should wait until things appear stable.

But why try to get a refund, just because you are angry now? In a week, everyone will be happily playing on stable servers and you will be wishing you could too. Then you will just buy it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    i take it you haven't been around for any other launch.
    I've played since vanilla and played on every expansion launch except TBC.

It was never even close to this bad, wotlk had some hiccups, but nothing compared to this, Cata and MoP launches were basically flawless.

OPs rank "The Patient" is so wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vivaxo View Post
    And even then, it would be like a raindrop in the ocean.
    unless 1 million people unsubscribe.. highly unlikely tho..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    So I like many others have been waiting so long for wod and was really looking forward to it. I took a couple of days off work just to play and what happened? I couldn't even login at all ..I managed to get some playtime during the early morning hours and the lag sucked so much. I did NOT pay for this.

So I've called blizzard and asked for a refund and all their phone lines were busy. I tried using their ticket system/web chat and no avail. Honestly, this launch has been so awful i just want my money back you know? You'd think after so many expansions they'd actually know what they're doing but no, server disconnects and lag for almost two days now.

So finally after like a day and a half of waiting for ticket response I got one and it said they don't offer refunds for the game since it launched already...wtf honestly I PAID for a working expansion. I mean what..we've paid 10 extra euros/10 dollars for the expansion? It's like we paid for these server issues!!

So I figured, what the hell i will just go to the bank and issue a refund right? I mean how hard can it be right? So early morning I go the bank..everything's fine and great.. I walked in the bank and do you know what happened?

I got teleported back to my house and a huge "transfer aborted: instance not found" text appeared right infront of me!!

wtf
    As I said in another Waah Waah thread, get over yourself. This is what happens in every xpac, and things go back to normal within a few days. If you want your money back because you cant play for one day of a 730 day xpac (presuming this lasts for 2 years), then you really do need to get a grip!

I got to lvl 100 rather easily.. though for the last bit I had/forced to take a break cause the servers stopped working. Guess i needed to sleep and woke up at 1am to girnd out the last lvl and a half before they took down the servers again..

If you insist, you will get refund.

The server problem is real.
    By law, Blizzard must give refund.

people never read the whole thread do they? lol
    Sadly no. Most are just looking to flame someone.

I did read the whole thing. I liked what you did there. It got a nice chuckle out of me.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

You honestly haven't given it a chance. I'm sorry that you took two days off, but honestly if you had asked my advice (why didn't you? ) I would have told you to take Mon/Tues off not Thurs/Friday.

That's just good planning, if you're low on days, don't take those days off where it's most likely to be laggy/disconnecty.

wtf
    Just don't take your private jet to the bank. You'll end up suspended in air outside of your house, along with 100 other private jets, constantly falling from the sky and popping back up.

It is worth the wait honestly. WOD is really fun when you can play that is