Thread: Fling problem

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Fling problem

Hey Champs,

Got a potential issue on my hands here. To make it as short and sweet as possible, my social life is pretty much been like a pitcher warming up in the ballpen.

The pitchers above me are playing in the game with more attractive women, and I have been having flings with girls that I would never want to be seen with. But when I do go into the field to play, I want to be warmed up and as prepared as possible.

Problem is, one of them has been blowing my phone up and has been acting a bit possessive. As much as I keep telling myself to just ignore it, I wanna let her off without hurting her feelings (even though it's her fault for getting attached. I literally showed no intention to take it further then fun times.)

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way you're not going to hurt her feelings. So be honest. Tell her "Hey listen I had a good time with you, but i'm not looking to date. Take care"

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey, we had some fun together, but I'm not interested in a relationship."
    "Well can we still be friends at least?"
    "I don't think that's a good idea."

Simple, to the point. Always best to be direct with this stuff so the other person can just move on. No one likes being strung along.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    "Hey, we had some fun together, but I'm not interested in a relationship."
    "Well can we still be friends at least?"
    "I don't think that's a good idea."

Simple, to the point. Always best to be direct with this stuff so the other person can just move on. No one likes being strung along.
    To be honest I wouldn't play the whole "We can still be friends" thing. It just leaves the door open to further contact and keeps her hopes alive. I'd just end it as nicely and firmly yet as quickly possible and move on.

There's no way her feelings aren't going to get hurt. All you can do is limit how long they hurt for.

Quote Originally Posted by tomhyde1986 View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't play the whole "We can still be friends" thing.
    It depends on the social situation. If it's someone you're likely going to encounter again, for example, that person is friends with other friends, it can be important. I prefer to phrase it as "We can be "friendly" as opposed to "friends."

But that's just me.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhyde1986 View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't play the whole "We can still be friends" thing. It just leaves the door open to further contact and keeps her hopes alive. I'd just end it as nicely and firmly yet as quickly possible and move on.

There's no way her feelings aren't going to get hurt. All you can do is limit how long they hurt for.
    Yeah, that's what I was saying. The second line was her response. The girl almost invariably asks if you can still be friends, and the answer should be "I don't think that's a good idea."

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Just tell her your going start being faithful to your (imaginary) girlfriend.
    She will flip out on you, and then hopefully spend time trying to find your girlfriend and since she isn't real waste lots of time leaving you alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Just tell her your going start being faithful to your (imaginary) girlfriend.
    She will flip out on you, and then hopefully spend time trying to find your girlfriend and since she isn't real waste lots of time leaving you alone.
    Or she'll get her brother Guido to come break your kneecaps for disrespecting his sister. The truth man. That's the way to do it.

Or she'll get her brother Guido to come break your kneecaps for disrespecting his sister. The truth man. That's the way to do it.
    I usually* just do the kneecap breaking myself. Everyone knows I own a baseball bat.

*N=0.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is at school to become a lawyer, that sounds like practice for future law suits to me.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    He is at school to become a lawyer, that sounds like practice for future law suits to me.
    Lawsuits don't unbreak your kneecaps for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an addendum, she was waiting for me to leave work yesterday. I never told her where I worked.

It's not as much that I don't wanna hurt her, i just don't want her to hurt me in retaliation of being hurt.

Deleted
    I had sex once. Good times were had. Predominantly by me, but you can't have everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Just an addendum, she was waiting for me to leave work yesterday. I never told her where I worked.

It's not as much that I don't wanna hurt her, i just don't want her to hurt me in retaliation of being hurt.
    Jesus Christ.

"Hey, [insert name here], you're coming on really strong and I have to tell you it's kind of freaking me out. We had some fun, but I'm not interested in a relationship with you. Please don't come to my work again."

Stalkers need to be told that their behavior isn't acceptable, and the sooner you tell them, the better. Letting their obsessions fester is just going to make things worse as time goes on. At least if you're straight with them instead of "letting them down easy" (as if there's an easy way to be rejected) at least helps them understand how not to be such a creeper in the future.

Hey Champs,

Got a potential issue on my hands here. To make it as short and sweet as possible, my social life is pretty much been like a pitcher warming up in the ballpen.

The pitchers above me are playing in the game with more attractive women, and I have been having flings with girls that I would never want to be seen with. But when I do go into the field to play, I want to be warmed up and as prepared as possible.

Problem is, one of them has been blowing my phone up and has been acting a bit possessive. As much as I keep telling myself to just ignore it, I wanna let her off without hurting her feelings (even though it's her fault for getting attached. I literally showed no intention to take it further then fun times.)

Usually I just don't respond to those kind of texts, or phonecalls. If it continues, block her from your phone. Of course I'd recommend talking to her first, but if she doesn't get the message, cut her out.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell her you're dealing with the HIV

10+ Year Old Account

Alright... we all know the correct answer now.
    Time to knock her up Mr. Bigzoman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tell her straight up, no point beating around the bush with this sort of stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    "Oh you poor poor man. You need someone to take care of you. Don't worry, your honey bunny Bertha is gonna make everything better!"

The truth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Usually I just don't respond to those kind of texts, or phonecalls. If it continues, block her from your phone. Of course I'd recommend talking to her first, but if she doesn't get the message, cut her out.

- - - Updated - - -

Given the warm-ups i've engaged in, it will only make the problem worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright... we all know the correct answer now.
    Time to knock her up Mr. Bigzoman.
    I don't even want to tap it anymore. Shortly after yesterday, I figured "yeah..one more time wouldn't hurt." But I realized this morning that wasn't the right brain talking to more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the warm-ups i've engaged in, it will only make the problem worse.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even want to tap it anymore. Shortly after yesterday, I figured "yeah..one more time wouldn't hurt." But I realized this morning that wasn't the right brain talking to more.
    It's never a good idea to do it all for the nookie. (come on!)