Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I'm not familiar with this bug, but if you refresh renew in Serenity it refreshes it to its original duration (ie 12 seconds if you have the glyph) instead of carrying over like it would with a DoT.

Your logic seems correct. Renew is linear, so 12.5% for another tick is actually pointless. The value of haste doesn't drop off after that.
    Pre 6.0, most holy priest ran with renew glyphed because a glyphed renew that got refreshed ticked heal-wise as hard as glyphed but haste-wise as unglyphed. So you got 5 ticks of a hard hitting renew instead of 3 (glyphed renew 4 tick was 16.66%).

This shouldn't be present anymore. I'll have to make sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post
    Pre 6.0, most holy priest ran with renew glyphed because a glyphed renew that got refreshed ticked heal-wise as hard as glyphed but haste-wise as unglyphed. So you got 5 ticks of a hard hitting renew instead of 3 (glyphed renew 4 tick was 16.66%).

This shouldn't be present anymore. I'll have to make sure though.
    It matters more how hard each tick of Renew hits than it hits more times, especially at the start of heroic dungeons when you're undergeared. The glyph makes Renew heal for more per tick, which is incredibly useful considering you'll be refreshing it often.

Deleted
    Depends on what you define as the matter.

Pre wod, pure HPS wise : glyphed renew was a HPS loss : 3*125% = 375%. Without the glyph : 4*100 = 400.
    The renew exploit (glyphed renew ticking as if it wasn't glyphed when refreshed) combined with certain levels of haste allowed glyphed renew to be very effective.

Now, with the renew perk you have :
    with the glyph : 4*125 = 500 ;
    without : 5*100 = 500.

It's the same HPS wise and I believe the renew exploit is now fixed. So now it's just a matter of gameplay. When you are in a situation where there's some overhealing, unglyphed is better because it tends to overheal less. When you need to top players fast (no overhealing), glyphed is better.

If you can refresh renew indefinitely, glyphed is better obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmorcel View Post
    Pre wod, pure HPS wise : glyphed renew was a HPS loss : 3*125% = 375%. Without the glyph : 4*100 = 400.
    The renew exploit (glyphed renew ticking as if it wasn't glyphed when refreshed) combined with certain levels of haste allowed glyphed renew to be very effective.
    Pre-wod Renew doesn't matter much now that we're already deep into the expansion, but the old glyph was 33% increase and a 3 sec shorter duration. 6.0 changed it to 25%.

With glyph you had 3 ticks of 133%, and without it you had 4 ticks of 100%, for roughly the same healing.