Deleted

When to break set bonus?

So when do you guys think we should break the 4pc or the 2pc set bonus? Should we replace it normal/heroic dungeon gear or just when blackrock opens?

Deleted
    610ilvl+ just replace it, you don't gain anything from keeping any of the old gear. The trinkets get scaled down alot so you want to replace those as well.

The 2pc is decent to keep, but get rid of 4pc for BM and MM fast as they are pretty useless for leveling. Just replace whenever you get an item +610 iLvl. But just make sure to weight in the sockets+enchants when comparing items.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    The 2pc is decent to keep, but get rid of 4pc for BM and MM fast as they are pretty useless for leveling. Just replace whenever you get an item +610 iLvl. But just make sure to weight in the sockets+enchants when comparing items.
    Speaking of, what about the legendary metagem? Is it worth keeping around a heroic / mythic helm for it? I keep meaning to check it's scaling but i've just been so busy with other stuff.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I cannot speak from a totally techincal standpoint, as in what creates the slightest bit of high DPS for example. But I can tell you once you hit 100 areas having the higher base stat and stam starts to make a difference.

Usually when it comes to expansions I just take the plung and start upgrading once the item level gets a decent amount over what I am wearing. Sometimes I might lose a slight amount of DPS but in all honest the reduced cost in repairs and the lack of needing max DPS while leveling makes it not matter all that much. Not to mention at some point you need to get your ilevel up to enter ques and stuff like that. Just more gains than losses. Once you enter ques it is undoubtably better to upgrade and then it just flows naturally.

Deleted
    The 2pc is not that good to keep, the gear stats overweight the old so fast. As soon as you get HC dungeon gear just go for it if there isn't any massive scaling with the old gear, but I don't know about any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Speaking of, what about the legendary metagem? Is it worth keeping around a heroic / mythic helm for it? I keep meaning to check it's scaling but i've just been so busy with other stuff.
    The legendary meta is very nearly disabled at level 100, there's zero point in keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Licked View Post
    The legendary meta is very nearly disabled at level 100, there's zero point in keeping it.
    Goes for cloak proc, too. Yesterday it seemed to proc (but VERY rarely), today it didn't proc once for me over 4 hours of HC dungeon spam.

It has a socket and that's where its value ends.