Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

EU: Turn servers off till problem is fixed?

Hello, yes again another post about the servers not working properly.

But shouldn't it be better if they put all servers offline (EU) untill the problems are fixed?
    Each server even the normally low populated servers got big queues (1k+).
    Once you are online ingame it is still impossible to play due to lag and phasing problems.

Isn't it better to turn down the servers completely and fix the problems first?
    That they just admit that they screwed up and that everyone has the same problem (server down).

I personally think it's better to see a Server Offline instead of this insane queues and huge ingame problems!.
    At this moment we get zero information and don't know what is going on!

Deleted
    I was thinking the same but soon people (who plays now) will come and say "hurrdurr".

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, but I feel like the more ignorant people will complain and stop playing. The majority of the players don't really think stuff through and would rather play in this unstable state than wait a day in order to play with much less issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to see the effect of hotfixes when realms are down. Not everything is a hotfix granted. Some are though and to the extent they help you need the realm up and loaded at some level to test them. I suppose it's the primary reason why they're capping logins. They want traffic but they don't want so much traffic that other problems obscure what they're trying to accomplish.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Agreed, but I feel like the more ignorant people will complain and stop playing. The majority of the players don't really think stuff through and would rather play in this unstable state than wait a day in order to play with much less issues.
    Stop labelling everyone "ignorant" who disagrees with you.

Deleted
    I think we should call blizzard eu and block their phone lines. Maybe then they'll remember theirs eu servers

10+ Year Old Account
    I came accross this topic...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12618075264

It's a long shot, but worth signing since it's gonna me miles and miles long.

Quote Originally Posted by SvarogNL View Post
    I came accross this topic...

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12618075264

It's a long shot, but worth signing since it's gonna me miles and miles long.
    Holy shit that is sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's hard to see the effect of hotfixes when realms are down. Not everything is a hotfix granted. Some are though and to the extent they help you need the realm up and loaded at some level to test them. I suppose it's the primary reason why they're capping logins. They want traffic but they don't want so much traffic that other problems obscure what they're trying to accomplish.
    I can understand that but meanwhile we get zero information and only see the problems extend (Now their websites are strugglying too). It just feels like a massive blow to not get into a game while you paid for it. Also the free character migrations they offer are useless too!

I get offered a free transfer to a realm that still has a queue of over 3k people. While there are lower queues on other realms.
    So bassicly I paid for the pre-order to get early access, My gametime keeps ticking on. But still I got no change to use the service I paid for.

The least they can do to all the people in queue is give them more information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sqq View Post
    Holy shit that is sad.
    Explain please, Mr. Joined November 2014.

Ah right, don't feed the trolls.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only agree because i've been in a queue for just short of 6 hours now, and i'm still 1685th with 1194 minutes estimated time.

Literally, a WHOLE day to get on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    I hereby would like to nominate this person for the tool award.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuravolpe View Post
    Only if we get a pet for the disaster that was your parents deciding to breed.

Deleted
    I can think of 2 main reasons why they won't turn off the servers:
    1) As Moana said, hard to get new data/see the effect of potential fixes if everyone isn't playing (keep in mind the main issues come from everyone playing at the same time)
    2) The terms and conditions state that they HAVE to give a refund/compensation, but ONLY if the servers go offline for longer than the normal maintenance.

So basically, they'd lose money while trying to fix things, without 100% KNOWING they fixed it untill everyone started playing again...

They should just force-split the servers into two servers. The highest population servers should have never been allowed to get that crowded.

Look at Realmpop data. The highest population servers are FAR more populated than the vast majority of other servers. I get that people want to hang out together, and go where the crowd goes. But they should have been completely locked long ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sqq View Post
    Holy shit that is sad.
    Still I can understand that!

There is no reason to pay for something you can't use!
    And if they offer a service which they can't offer you should compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    don't want to attack you, but that's what beta is for ......
    and no matter what, capping logins is screwing over paying customers
    they either know what is causing it, and fix it, or they need to bring the servers down to find out what is causing it

Deleted
    I demand a sacrifice to IM HO TEP

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been in Panda land the last 2 hrs on my mage no lag no DC's nothing. (Twilights hammer) the old content is fine its the new zone and Garrisons causing the issue.
    you would never think there's such a problem timeless isle again no lag working as intended. Loads of us at the time said Garrisons had serious issues once the stress tests started and from what I can see those same problems remain. I Truly don't see the point shutting down the servers what I could see them doing is disabling Garrisons like they did in Beta and surprise surprise all the lag vanished but that throws the entire expansion into turmoil as Garrisons feature so much.

The way to fix it is to redesign the role garrisons play in the starting zone. i don't think that's something they can do in a maintenance window.

Deleted
    Idk about you but once i get on the game usually works perfectly ( no lag )

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    Been in Panda land the last 2 hrs on my mage no lag no DC's nothing. (Twilights hammer) the old content is fine its the new zone and Garrisons causing the issue.
    you would never think there's such a problem timeless isle again no lag working as intended. Loads of us at the time said Garrisons had serious issues once the stress tests started and from what I can see those same problems remain. I Truly don't see the point shutting down the servers what I could see them doing is disabling Garrisons like they did in Beta and surprise surprise all the lag vanished but that throws the entire expansion into turmoil as Garrisons feature so much.
    If disabling garrisons actually works then they should do it until a solution can be applied for I think people would rather be playing the game w/o garrisons than not playing with garrisons active.