Do people still get away with botting and/or buying gold?

I know Pirox bots was very reliable until the company shut down 2-3 years ago.

Then mmocrawlerbots was similar until that shut down 1-2 years ago.

Both would only get you banned if you were stupid about setting it up from what I was told.

Are there any bots currently being used without people getting banned?

Are these the bots used by Chinese gold farmers?

If you purchase gold from a website claiming to be reliable, how it it possible to get banned from someone trading you gold for nothing?

I only ask this because I don't want to be farming materials for gold if bots are doing it more efficiently and stealing my herbs/mining nodes.
    skott#1374 - add me to expand your b.net friends list of reliable players for raiding/arena.

Video if myself raid healing, raid dps, and raid tanking:

http://goo.gl/wNZeS5

I just saw a 2.3k rating priest bot a BG for whatever reason last week, so yeah they are obviously still getting away with it.

materials are already going to lose value quickly with garrisons and everyone easily getting free blue/epic ingredients every few hrs. no point worrying about that but bots will find another way

Deleted
    Botters will always get away if they know what is their realistic window of opportunity.
    Blizz bans in waves meaning that they first take their time to write down ban lists and then do the bans.
    Meanwhile botters use their bot accounts to farm as much resources as they can while they regularly transfer any gold/mats they farmed on their main after a good amount of loundry.

The damage will always be done.