Lightbulb Modern Day Game Tutorials: More of a Time Consuming Nuisance than Actual Timely Help

First, we didn't have tutorials in games at all; we had little comprehensive manuals that came with our games that we actually had to set aside time to read. Often times, they were more than just a sheet of instructions; they also contained entertaining "facts", lore, short stories, and sometimes even strategy guides or item lists. Then those same exact tutorials were put ingame, but the new generation of console kids are far too impatient to read through all that, and cried when they could'nt do something and were just flat out too lazy to ask Google or even use the ingame manual. So now we have long, linear starter levels that take an hour to teach you what you already knew as basic gaming controls and take your hand and act as if WASD is so new. And when they are unskippable... uuurrh!!! In the amount of time it takes for you to go through an entire tutrorial level, you could've simply opened up the ingame controls and figured out what each key does and already be on your way. And if a game mechanic shows up, Google costs you only 30 seconds, whereas your average triple A tutorial wil take at least five minutes.

The agony... oh, how it hurts!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find them to be very annoying in some games. AC Brotherhood had a good tutorial. Gave ability, teach you to use it, done. AC 3 had a horrible tutorial... 4 HOURS OF BULL SHIT.

Skyrim, cool tutorial... for the first few runs. LEMME SKIP OR GIVE US A QUICK SAVE RIGHT BEFORE GIVING US AN OPTION TO CHANGE EVERYTHING U BASTARDS, OBLIVION DID THAT RIGHT AT LEAST!
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-11-15 at 03:29 AM.

Deleted
    I don't know if I have played all the right/wrong games the last year or so, but I actually haven't had tutorials greater than press all these buttons to do this and be over with it in 5 minutes or skippable tutorials.
    However I do remember Assassins Creed 3, which I felt was a tutorial almost the entire game through... By all divine beings that was a shitty experience...

The only thing printed manuals ever served was a copy protection, which is not an issue now.