Thread: Bacon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i like bacon. its delicious.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I don't eat meat, mr. Vegan hunter.

I do however love clothes and electronics made by children overseas. Gotta have morals somewhere!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    "VeganHunter"

This thread is a hunter's trap, literally, then?
    Trying to find the vegans that'll respond to your thread, then get 'em? ;p
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    I love bacon but I don't eat it often.

10+ Year Old Account
    or maybe it's a vegan hunting meat eaters?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    "VeganHunter"

This thread is a hunter's trap, literally, then?
    Trying to find the vegans that'll respond to your thread, then get 'em? ;p
    I love these little Internet jewels. Fun how their reasons for hating vegans is always "meat tastes geeerd"

Then they use the usual "I'd eat a puppy/kitten if I could" to insert shock value, followed by anecdote of the "best burger they ever ate"

Tiresome and trite, but I always bite because I'm way more a bastard than they could ever be. Like the fish that pulls the rod in.

Just plain bacon is usually best, there are few exceptions. People like to put it into everything, like mashed potatoes and even mixed vegetables, but that's silly to me. You're just diluting the bacon with vegetables and overpowering the vegetables with bacon. Why not eat them separately and enjoy the full power of bacon as well as actually get to experience the vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    It's actually not badly priced, but since they require you to basically buy wholesale, you either need a big freezer or a bunch of people to go in on it.

As far as bacon goes, I love it. The newest bacon creation I have tried was bacon-wrapped dates. Pretty good.
    Business name? Do they ship? PM me if you prefer.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is nothing tastier then a bacon sandwich with brown sauce.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    there is nothing tastier then a bacon sandwich with brown sauce.
    Try this. Slice up some onions very thin. Juice a few lemons. Combine. Not enough lemon juice to make the onions swim, but enough, in a plastic bag. Black pepper to your taste. Leave that overnight. Fry up some bacon, and make a sandwich with your preferred bread, toasted. Add some spicy mustard for funzies if that's your style. Maybe even some brown sauce. It's the onions that make it, really.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer lardon personally, I'll usually render mine into that (I know it's not technically correct) and put it in salads, pasta, ragu, vegetables, whatever you do. No matter what you do, it almost always needs to be perfectly rendered through. Chewy bacon is sometimes super appealing, but commit either way..uncrispy bacon can be sad.

As always, save the grease (it'll last a while in the fridge). Just use it in place of another fat in a recipe, albeit sparingly. Bacon grease well in just about anything if you pair it right. I often put my bacon grease into an aioli or some other fat emulsion, just use it very sparingly. I'm not a fan of sweet, so I've used it in cookies, pies, and even granola.

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    I'm not a fan of sweet, so I've used it in cookies, pies, and even granola.
    Try it in pancakes or waffles.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Try it in pancakes or waffles.
    Lemon onions in pancakes or waffles?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Lemon onions in pancakes or waffles?
    What? No, using the rendered fat instead of oil or butter.

I really hate how bacon became popular.

It became popular because bacon lovers kept telling others about it, and then congregating with like minded others. An endless feedback loop, or to say it in a more insulting manner, a circlejerk.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post

It became popular because bacon lovers kept telling others about it, and then congregating with like minded others. An endless feedback loop, or to say it in a more insulting manner, a circlejerk.
    You mean kind of like everything that became popular ever?

What? No, using the rendered fat instead of oil or butter.
    Oh i thought he was quoting

Try this. Slice up some onions very thin. Juice a few lemons. Combine. Not enough lemon juice to make the onions swim, but enough, in a plastic bag. Black pepper to your taste. Leave that overnight. Fry up some bacon, and make a sandwich with your preferred bread, toasted. Add some spicy mustard for funzies if that's your style. Maybe even some brown sauce. It's the onions that make it, really.
    Enough shitposting for me tonight, getting too tired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post

Bacon Hipster is the phrase you're looking for
    http://futuretom.wordpress.com/2013/...bacon-hipster/

Its the anti-crowd to Vegetarianism and Veganism. The louder Vegans get, the louder Bacon Hipsters get. Since Vegans tend to be loud, BH's get louder.

Add to that Epic Meal Time, fast food sandwiches throwing bacon on everything, and you have a lousy pork fat product quickly becoming Earth's favorite meat

Add to that Epic Meal Time, fast food sandwiches throwing bacon on everything, and you have a lousy pork fat product quickly becoming Earth's favorite meat
    Most of us are doing it sarcastically, I think. I love bacon, but I do not endorse putting it on or in everything.

Some of the stuff they make looks pretty good but I'd never make any of it without having some way to cut the caloric content significantly.

That said I made a pretty basic Bacon and Leek Pasta Bake and some Bacon Maple Cookies a few weeks ago, so good. I'd also check out "Sorted Food", both their website and Youtube channel(where I got the Pasta Bake from), lots of ideas for pretty much any cooking ingredient and most of them are pretty simple to make(the Pasta bake I mentioned was like 5 ingredients) and easily modified if you don't like something in the recipe.

Most of us are doing it sarcastically, I think. I love bacon, but I do not endorse putting it on or in everything.
    I love bacon as well but there's a lot I probably wouldn't put it on but that's probably because all I can afford is the horrible belly cuts of bacon that's like 85% fat and not the quality Back Bacon with actual meat.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2014-11-16 at 03:44 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    lots of ideas for pretty much any cooking ingredient and most of them are pretty simple to make(the Pasta bake I mentioned was like 5 ingredients) and easily modified if you don't like something in the recipe.
    Most pasta should be about 5 ingredients, depending what you count as an ingredient.