Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by danielhol View Post
    Amazing, more pussifacation of kids, thanks to the skills of hunting and skinning/processing, we are ALL alive today... Honestly i dont know how to process an animal, but im sure its a great skill to know.
    So by your own admission you're a pussy then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    15 and 16, my 14yr old in 9th grade, will turn 15 before 10th grade... pretty sure he is the average age as hes never been held back.
    And I was 14.

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFLMAO! Did they cook it afterwards? At least the kids were given a choice to watch it or not.

Honestly wouldn't be that big a deal where I grew up. Most of us had helped kill and process some sort of animal by the time we were in high school. For me it was mostly fish, but i've helped skin deer, chickens, etc. I've never shot a deer personally but plenty of my friends went hunting yearly.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Seriously? The teacher got talked into it, offered everyone to leave and in the end the students cry for getting what they asked for?
    Its not like they were given drugs or something, they just got a glimpse of reality they asked for to begin with.

Blame the students or even the parents for only crying after it all happened I say...

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    ROFLMAO! Did they cook it afterwards? At least the kids were given a choice to watch it or not.
    He did give them a choice. Many took it. It was also the students who asked for the demonstration.

Of course, OP conviniently forgot to mention this.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the kids who didn't want to watch were dismissed from class, I'm fine with this.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Kill, no. Dissect, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

How are 14 and 15 year olds not kids?
    I don't put teenagers and kids on the same level. Teacher did nothing wrong, children who didn't want to watch could leave the room.

Deleted
    Damn, didn't see the whole title on front page, read it as "Teacher killed and skinned".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    He did give them a choice. Many took it. It was also the students who asked for the demonstration.

Of course, OP conviniently forgot to mention this.
    Shocking isn't it...people are such cheep, they eat up anything without fact checking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    So by your own admission you're a pussy then?
    You are twisting his words, hes commenting on the fact that many people would prevent this teacher his showing this even though the class asked for it themselves. If someone doesn't want to watch this, that's fine...don't take away something educational for other people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    If you feel the need to kill a living being during class, at least you need to make absolutely sure that people who don't want to watch you doing it don't have to. That is the least you can and should do.
    It's not the least, that's the only thing he should do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I don't put teenagers and kids on the same level. Teacher did nothing wrong, children who didn't want to watch could leave the room.
    They are kids, legally and mentally. If the teacher sent home permission slips, there is no problem. But asking 14 year old kids to make that choice is ridiculous. I lost my virginity at 13, if I was given a choice of what I wanted to do in Biology class, I would want to fuck on the desk. Should that be allowed because the kids wanted it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    They are kids, legally and mentally. If the teacher sent home permission slips, there is no problem. But asking 14 year old kids to make that choice is ridiculous. I lost my virginity at 13, if I was given a choice of what I wanted to do in Biology class, I would want to fuck on the desk. Should that be allowed because the kids wanted it?
    Can pretty much end the thread here, kids weren't mature enough to make that kind of decision for themselves, this could all have been a simple and clear affair if they just used permission slips.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone should know where the meat they buy comes from.

And no, that isn't some pro-PETA jab. Everyone should really know what they're eating so we have less people saying that we don't need hunters anymore and we should all go to super markets.

Weed them out. Weed all of that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Conspicuous Cultist View Post
    Everyone should know where the meat they buy comes from.

And no, that isn't some pro-PETA jab. Everyone should really know what they're eating so we have less people saying that we don't need hunters anymore and we should all go to super markets.

Weed them out. Weed all of that out.
    Agreed. We need hunters. Unfortunately these days it's a skill that is slowly dying.

10+ Year Old Account

not exactly what i thought this thread would be about but i can't say i'm not relieved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Unless the teacher was grinning while he killed and butchered it and threw intestines at students.
    Best biology teacher ever!
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    15 and 16, my 14yr old in 9th grade, will turn 15 before 10th grade... pretty sure he is the average age as hes never been held back.
    12th is senior year / 18 years old, so 10th would be 15/16 indeed, these are not "kids" title is a bit misleading.
    the squeamish ones were allowed to leave, I see nothing wrong with this, i did it when i was around 10 years old myself, at some random thing my stepfather decided to take me to....anyway with an instructor showing me how i beheaded, and skinned a living rattlesnake, then carefully without nicking the intestines disemboweled it.
    it was put up on a grill for me and said stepfather to eat...

i may of been a bit young for that but general rules like, don't just cut into the intestines, counts for all animals, and i know i'd be able to do it if the necessity comes.
    it's a damned good life skill to have, biology may not be the perfect place to teach it, maybe 4-h or FFA would of been better. (future farmers of america) sort of like the scouts / elective class you can take in some area's. site for reference https://www.texasffa.org/default.aspx

but no, i don't see anything wrong with the teacher doing what his students asked him to, granted he SHOULD have asked the kids to get their parents to sign permission slips...but what i think happened is.

kids totally fine with it, go home and tell mommy/daddy, "i learned how to skin a rabbit today" parents say "ohh where/how/etc did you learn to do that"
    mr thompson brought thumper to class, showed us where to hit it to break its neck, and showed us how to cut it open so we don't spoil the meat

parents call and complain, no kids harmed in the class, none with PTSD, nothing, just overbearing overprotective parents making a fuss over their children being taught a life skill.

also what jenson said right above this, is both extremely disturbing and hilarious at the same time... pretty sure it was meant as a joke but ugh lol
    Last edited by Christan; 2014-11-17 at 07:17 AM.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would've loved to see something like that.. I'm stuck with dissecting a fish.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like the kind of class I would have enjoyed in school, actual practical education. Seeing how something is done and learning from it is the best.

The kids that didn't want to were excused. I don't see any issue with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    10th Graders aren't children, especially American 10th graders...
    If they can't buy alcohol or get tattoos or R rated movie tickets without supervision, not adults. Oh, I also can't have sex with any of them (well, maybe the dumb ones who failed a couple grades).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================