Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Woman sues owners of dog killed by her pit bulls.

I thought this was stupid as hell story but I figured hey why not share it with the fine people at mmo champ.

TEXAS CITY — A woman whose four pitbulls attacked and killed a family’s 10-year-old beagle in October is now suing the deceased dog’s owner for up to $1 million in damages, according to court documents.

“I couldn’t believe it,” said Steve Baker, Bailey’s owner. “Everyone was telling me to sue her, but I decided not to because it won’t bring Bailey back.”

Justice had already been served since the tragedy, he said.

“The police took the action I wanted and declared those dogs dangerous and awareness was raised; so I decided to let it go,” Baker said. “Now they’re suing me for $1 million — I just can’t believe it.”

According to court documents, Baker’s neighbor and the plaintiff in the case, Emerald White, claims she was “seriously injured” after she was “unexpectedly and viciously attacked” when she entered the Baker’s backyard to retrieve her dogs, which had entered through a hole in the mutual fence separating the two properties.

source http://www.galvestondailynews.com/fr...b13c54b1b.html.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2014-11-16 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smackyslap View Post
    I thought this was stupid as hell story but I figured hey why not share it with the fine people at mmo champ.

TEXAS CITY — A woman whose four pitbulls attacked and killed a family’s 10-year-old beagle in October is now suing the deceased dog’s owner for up to $1 million in damages, according to court documents.

“I couldn’t believe it,” said Steve Baker, Bailey’s owner. “Everyone was telling me to sue her, but I decided not to because it won’t bring Bailey back.”

Justice had already been served since the tragedy, he said.

“The police took the action I wanted and declared those dogs dangerous and awareness was raised; so I decided to let it go,” Baker said. “Now they’re suing me for $1 million — I just can’t believe it.”

source http://www.galvestondailynews.com/fr...b13c54b1b.html.
    Court cases like this make me sick. I hope at the end they award the DEFENDANT the $1mil.

I agree but a million might be a bit much even still something like at the very most 150k IMO. Also her dogs should be put down they are now dangerous and aggressive animals.

hope this don't come off as pitbull hate I like that breed.

nvm I misread carry on

“The police took the action I wanted and declared those dogs dangerous and awareness was raised"
    it's tragic that his dog was killed, but that has nothing to do with them being pit bulls, it has to do with the shitty owner (which is shown by her actions already), who can't raise a dog, let alone 4...the 'awareness' he is talking about just makes the stigma this breed is suffering of even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damages for what? What damages are there if her dogs where the ones that did the killing?

Is she suing him because her pit bulls attacked other dogs and where declared dangerous and put down?

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Damages for what? What damages are there if her dogs where the ones that did the killing?

Is she suing him because her pit bulls attacked other dogs and where declared dangerous and put down?
    guess i should add that part my bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    it's tragic that his dog was killed, but that has nothing to do with them being pit bulls, it has to do with the shitty owner (which is shown by her actions already), who can't raise a dog, let alone 4...the 'awareness' he is talking about just makes the stigma this breed is suffering of even worse.
    It kinda does. Sure you can train pit bulls well and they'll behave, but a significant amount of dog attacks are carried out by pit bulls. Far above what seems reasonable or could be consider anomalous. There's a damn good reason they're illegal in some countries.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

it's tragic that his dog was killed, but that has nothing to do with them being pit bulls,
    I have a pit bull sitting about 3 feet to my left at the moment. It's the best dog I've ever known. I do get concerned because it's extremely protective, but so far it's obeyed verbal commands and never hurt anyone or any thing. It even plays well with young children.

Shitty owner, bigger danger than scary breed.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    guess i should add that part my bad
    That certainly makes more sense if she was attacked while entering to retrieve her dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That certainly makes more sense if she was attacked while entering to retrieve her dogs.
    Well I can't imagine this will even have any effect on this it was four (maybe) dogs on one She may of been injured by her own dogs.

Well I can't imagine this will even have any effect on this it was four (maybe) dogs on one She may of been injured by her own dogs.
    She was injured by her own dogs. That's the only good part of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of putting the dogs down, can we put the owner down? That'd be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this case, those four dogs ARE dangerous, breed does not matter.

The dogs weren't declared dangerous because of their breed, but because of the attack.

Each of the animals must be registered with Texas City annually as a dangerous dog. A sign must be posted in White's yard alerting residents of the danger and she must have a $100,000 liability on the dogs, according to police. A fence at least 6 feet high must also be installed.
    http://news.yahoo.com/woman-sues-own...194920139.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Instead of putting the dogs down, can we put the owner down? That'd be nice.
    Pit bulls, owner and all lawyers involved please. USA has like 20 times as many lawyers per capita as Japan. Nobody can seriously be surprised about the amount of moronic lawsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdatik View Post
    The dogs weren't declared dangerous because of their breed, but because of the attack.

http://news.yahoo.com/woman-sues-own...194920139.html
    ah, good to hear, thanks ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    My dog got attacked by 2 pit bulls once, they were like 6 months old though so their teeth weren't able to puncture his skin... lost some hair though. I almost killed one of them when I pried their teeth of my dogs neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    wait did her dogs attack her or was it the beagle that was being torn apart?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    wait did her dogs attack her or was it the beagle that was being torn apart?
    Seems like her own dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.