Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Kim K gets no twitterstorm, but an awesome science nerd does?

What's with this pussified society picking on small and miniscule issues while discussions about ideals of feminine beauty go nowhere?

In on corner we have Kim K, whom in her large, well polished, and likely photoshopped bare ass projects unrealistic ideals of feminine beauty upon young girls.

On another, we have an awesome science nerd who contributes to a spacecraft traveling millions of miles and landing on a mothersucking MOVING COMET. Yet people wanna crucify this man for a shirt.

Yes, the shirt was largely unprofessional given the occasion, but given the timing of both events, it seems like a large misplacement of priorities by society

It's like we wanna fight the little battles. It's like wanting to play JV when could get your candy ass on the varsity squad.

Ehm, a link or two would be cool.

Uh, looking a certain way is different from dressing a certain way. Not that I agree with people bitching about the shirt, but complaining about a single choice somebody makes compared with complaining about their genetics + their lifestyle isn't really a comparison.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    because, reasons.

no really i dont know, probably because its expected for kim k to do anything and everything to stay relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Uh, looking a certain way is different from dressing a certain way. Not that I agree with people bitching about the shirt, but complaining about a single choice somebody makes compared with complaining about their genetics + their lifestyle isn't really a comparison.
    Assuming the photo actually is Kim's genetics and not adjusted via computer. I really don't see a difference in that both augment appearance.

I find it very ironic that those retarded sluts are the ones crying that 'everyone has a right to dress as he/she wishes' when someone tells that rape victim X 'was asking for it' because of his/her clothing.

Seriously, he should man up and take the apology back and find an even better shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    Ehm, a link or two would be cool.
    No feminist complaints. women only famous for being on a sex tape
    http://timedotcom.files.wordpress.co...over.jpg?w=814

man lands a craft on a comet and gets endless feminist complaints because of his shirt
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/..._a_video_p.JPG

it's feminists yet again being so unaware of how outside the mainstream they really are and pretending that people should care about their bitching.

Deleted
    Human beings are largely motivated by sexual goals, that's not "modern culture" that's normal evolutionary psychology. Male sexual cues are largely visual and so the female form has been a male obsession since the dawn of man, Kim K getting her ass out is not much different to iron age effigies with big butts.

When it gets unhealthy eg. promoting anorexia, that's one thing, but "objectification" is a normal part of our species for pretty clear reasons. Some people are unable to take it for what it is and enjoy it, maybe they aren't sexual successful and resent those that are or the depiction of it, that sucks but frankly, that's just how it goes, not every member of every species is equally sexually successful, and it is unreasonable to think that humans should just abandon millions of year of normal hardwired evolutionary psychology just because you don't like it, just like it would be unreasonable to expect a female bird of paradise to "stop objectifying male birds of paradise based on their colourful plumes".

There is room for embracing instinct and using your brain to appreciate intellectual achievements at the same time, give it a go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    In on corner we have Kim K, whom in her large, well polished, and likely photoshopped bare ass projects unrealistic ideals of feminine beauty upon young girls.
    what? even photoshop can't make that woman attractive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voldemorter View Post
    what? even photoshop can't make that woman attractive
    Give me your man card...NOW.

Sad thing is Kim K doesn't need a photoshop. I'm already prepared for a deep cave exploration via face plant in her behind. It's unnecessary. Who cares about that one dimple. Any guy who has been attracted to a ginger REALLY doesn't care.

It's disheartening. A major scientific breakthrough was made and a large number of people are more bothered about the shirt that a scientist was wearing instead of the amazing achievement that his team accomplished. Let that sink in for a moment because at the rate we're going society is only going to become worse as the professionally offended gain more and more ground.

Because Kim is a ho and everybody kinda knows that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Because Kim is a ho and everybody kinda knows that?
    When do hos get a free pass for making little sally feel bad about her gorgeous love handles?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's disheartening. A major scientific breakthrough was made and a large number of people are more bothered about the shirt that a scientist was wearing instead of the amazing achievement that his team accomplished. Let that sink in for a moment because at the rate we're going society is only going to become worse as the professionally offended gain more and more ground.
    I would hardly call it a major scientific breakthrough. No lives will be changed over it. Anything to do with space is a waste of time and money in my opinion. Of course it should still have garnered more attention than his shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Assuming the photo actually is Kim's genetics and not adjusted via computer. I really don't see a difference in that both augment appearance.
    So she shops all her photos?

Stop trying, your comparison is totally ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I would hardly call it a major scientific breakthrough. No lives will be changed over it. Anything to do with space is a waste of time and money in my opinion. Of course it should still have garnered more attention than his shirt.
    Do you have any idea how much shittier life would be if we never had any interest in space?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    So she shops all her photos?

Stop trying, your comparison is totally ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have any idea how much shittier life would be if we never had any interest in space?

- - - Updated - - -

How am I supposed to write a topic about society that doesn't involve half of society's demographic?

Meh, I like to talk about women. I think i've been listening to too much of Tom Leykis honestly.

femnazis are jealous they aren't smart enough for STEM, so they attack him

simple

You have to give it to Kim K. She's someone with no talent who made herself into a multimillion dollar business. There's like a 1 in 100,000,000 chance of a normal person pulling that off. Hell, her mobile game makes $700,000 a DAY in which she gets 30% of profits and all she did was give the "ok" for some people to use her name.

A woman choosing to expose herself in an artistic manner is, in my view, not something to get upset over. She's exercising her agency. The ESA's decision to let that man on television wearing that shirt is definitely something to have a conversation about.

My view is not indicative of all feminists, mind you! Plenty of people take issue with women like Kim Kardashian. I personally don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    A woman choosing to expose herself in an artistic manner is, in my view, not something to get upset over. She's exercising her agency. The ESA's decision to let that man on television wearing that shirt is definitely something to have a conversation about.

My view is not indicative of all feminists, mind you! Plenty of people take issue with women like Kim Kardashian. I personally don't.
    I agree. I don't see people complaining about nude works of art/paintings in museums that kids pass thru everyday, but everyone made a big deal about the Kim K photos.

Funny thing is that the same girls who idolize Marilyn Monroe on my Facebook all went on rants about Kim K exposing herself in a magazine. The irony..