Need advice on computer upgrade

Hi,
    Here is my current PC components:

CPU Intel Core i5 3570K (stock speed)
    Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
    GPU Asus DirectCU II nVidia GTX 560 Ti
    RAM Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
    SSD Samsung 830 series 128 GB (Windows-WoW-FF XIV) / Hitachi 3TB HDD (storage)
    Power Supply Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W
    Case Corsair Carbide 500R

This build served me well for the past few years. I am planning on returning to WoW and I am thinking on upgrading some components to achieve a good all around build without breaking the bank.

I think CPU, MoBo, RAM, SSD and Power Supply are good to recycle them. However, if you think there's a substantial gain by upgrading please state so.

In any case, I am looking into the following:

1. Overclocking the 3570K (this would require to replace the CPU heatsink).
    My CPU/MoBo should be good enough to OC, and I am not thinking on running anything crazy(probably 4 to 4.2GHz)
    So, about CPU coolers, I am thinking on either a high-end CPU fan from Phantek/Noctua; or a closed water cooling loop one like the Nepton 280L.

Any recommendations?

2. Upgrading my graphics card. - I have been very satisfied with my 560 Ti but its time to upgrade I think - should be substantial?
    This is there I want your main advice...
    I have been out of the picture looking for GPUs since I got my 560 Ti... I have heard great things about the 770 and 970. Would the 770 allow me to play WoW/FFXIV/Some random RPG or FPS in next year or so 1080P on Ultra with a respectable, steady framerate(45-60 in raids?) Keep in mind I do plan on OC the Ivy Bridge i5 so that should help a bit...

Would the 970 be better substantially? Or is it a mere rebranding? I have the budget for it and if highly regarded, then I would probably get it for future-proofing a bit more. It seems this card is the performance/price king at the moment?

If you have any other suggestions for GFx/components, feel free to throw them in.

Thanks!
    Last edited by gcrodz; 2014-11-16 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    I am a bit out of the CPU coolers, but I think a watercooler is abit over the top.

As for the GPU. The 970 would be the obvious choice. If that is a bit to much money, you could have a look at the 290. With the recent price drop it is a good card.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I am a bit out of the CPU coolers, but I think a watercooler is abit over the top.

As for the GPU. The 970 would be the obvious choice. If that is a bit to much money, you could have a look at the 290. With the recent price drop it is a good card.

Thanks for your reply...

Would a water-cooler be over the top even if I OC? I am not planning on a custom one, but one of the premades... But if the high-end fans like Phantek's or Noctua's are equal or better I could consider those.

Also, would my current PSU be able to handle the GTX 970 properly? Would this be a good step-up from what I currently have (GTX 560 Ti)?

Deleted
    Like I said, I have been out of the CPU coolers for a while. I just got a H220 a year ago and havent looked back since. Mostly because of the upgradability, which I will use at some point I think. That said, I think the differences between an high end air cooler and a WC are slim. While price difference can be quite big. It depends on what you want. A WC usually looks cleaner, but you do need the space for the radiator.

Your PSU should be more then able to handle a 970. And it will be a major step up.

Something that just came to mind. If your ram has large fins, they might sit in the way of large air coolers. I cant tell if your ram has that tho, corsair makes both high and low profile RAM sticks.
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2014-11-17 at 09:45 AM.