Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by ephemeross View Post
    The Gladiator level 2 building gives you 250 resources for 500 kills in PvP of a race that you have chosen, ie 500 Tauren or 500 Draenai.
    With Ashran raid groups it's not *too* bad, and can be done for each race so that's quite a lot.
    I would argue farming 500 dwarfs is far more painful than "not *too* bad" ^^ at least on my server. If it was 500 humans on the other hand i would have had it done in two days, nevermind +1 week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I am doing fine, I had over 2400 last night then I got access to my level 3 barracks. I now have 1400 and in about 3-4 days I will have access to my level 3 stables.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    So inn it's better than LM for resources?
    I stopped doing missions myself in order to upgrade barracks to lvl3 but i barely made it, even with LM+TP how you doing it without?
    The Inn can provide you (at level 2) the ability to head hunt for followers with specific abilities (such as scavenger) which on the surface is good only if you consistently get those missions and have follower who have a reasonable success chance with them. The problem is that once you've found your followers then the Inn losses it's appeal in the long run when compared to a LM or a TP.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyand1337 View Post
    Maybe my feedback might help you.
    After hitting 100 I quickly completed most of my missing rare mobs and followers, which allowed me to get a level 3 garrison, a bunch of level 2 buildings and some resources left for follower missions, but not much after that and it was somewhat clear that I would run dry on resources.
    So, even though I got more than 30 followers from all over draenor, I didn't get a single one with the scavenger trait. So basically bad luck, just as you.

Right before this weeks reset I used most of my remaining resources to upgrade my frostwall inn to level 2, picked a fresh 90 follower with the scavenger trait and as the weekly quests got reset I got a second scavenger right away. I just picked those that came with the ability counters that were the rarest amongst the 14 level 100 followers I already had.
    So how did that turn out? After doing a few low level exp missions with those guys, the first resource missions hit, which instantly gave huge chunks of garrison resources. Even the low level ones reward 100+ with a scavenger assigned.
    The scavengers are both level 94 now, I could keep all of my level 100 followers busy doing the good stuff, could get my war mill doing work orders again, could build level 3 mine and herb garden and I'm even back to about 500-600 resources and rising. Looking forward to instantly being able to upgrade my salvage yard to level 3 once I get the achievement today.

So.. maybe that might help you. I'm in the same situation as you, by wednesday I was down to 20-50 resources and now I'm back on track even though my scavengers from the inn (which everyone can get) are still kinda low level.

edit: and yes, if blizzard allowed me to grind those resources in any way, I would have been the first to just powergrind those. But as we don't have that option, I tried the level 2 inn and fresh followers out of desperation and I'm glad it worked.
    Update, 3 days later: Both of my new scavengers are level 100, I just spent 1200 resources on a level 3 war mill, sent all of my followers on new missions and when they will be finished I'll have another 1200 spare resources to spend on my level 3 barracks.
    Especially when you can send multiple scavengers on the same resource-mission, the rewards become insane. I had one mission with a 1225 resources reward

So.. within 5 days I went from completely broke to being able to upgrade and buy whatever I want. The work order queue on my war mill is also decked out.

Why do people even build the LM? Trading post gives the same(if not more) amount of resources AND you can swap resources for materials whenever you're done upgrading AND a quest to put an auctioneer in your garrison. Also getting resources is fine right now. I have tier 3 garrison, tier 3 barracks and tier 2 everything else. My army of lv 100 followers pay for themselves with the garrison resource reward missions too.

i heard this mystical building called "Lumbermill"...it's supposed to turn wood into GR...if you're not willing to give up a building in favor of GR, your loss

after upgrading my garrison to rank 3, i have been struggling as well...so i gave up my barn for a lumber mill...and bam, now i'm fluid again

ooooooor you build a trading post and trade your profession things (aka herbs, ores, stuff like that) for GR

you don't need a way to get more GR, you just need to build the right buildings until you have everything on level 3 and a lot of spare GR before building what you really want to build
    Last edited by Sundreamer; 2014-11-24 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    You guys are awesome at reading.

Me: "Everything is time-based, let me do something that involves going out into the world to farm GR"
    You: "Oh man, haha, you're not sending followers out, god, here, do these things that 12 other people have already recommended."
    Me: "That has nothing to do with me wanting some way to actually play the game to level my garrison or run missions."
    You: "Oh, well then you're going to want to put... <more things people have already said>"
    Me: "Still doesn't add some ability to play the game and advance my garrison".
    You: "Oh, well you're gated behind achievements anyway, so you should be doing this in your garrison."
    Me: "Are you even reading my posts? I have level 3's unlocking today. I'm doing everything in my garrison I can afford to do without gimping my level 3 upgrades. You're telling me how the garrison currently is, and I'm telling you that we're talking about some way to play the game and improve it."
    You: "God, look how entitled this person is."
    The bolded part of your very own statement is what gets me. What the fuck do you even need to farm garrison resources for, then? By farming them, what ELSE can you POSSIBLY do that you aren't already? Why does this game need an ability to FARM these, when what it ALREADY provides seems to be enough for what you're already doing? The reason no one can understand what you (and ostensibly the OP) want is because you already have what you need! It just makes no sense what you're trying to say.

I agree that people are providing you solutions that do not address the OP and your desires, however...
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.