Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wink First impressions of Tier 100 talents on challenging 5man content

The shield is absolutely trash. It takes so long to cast that it only works on the hypothetical (non existing) scenario of ONLY healing one dude or on easy fights, which is off topic. Mending is clearly the king here.

On beta, I found Disc to be unplayable in 5mans without CoW. Not sure what you're doing wrong. It's really only used on the tank. If there's no other healing to be done, I just spam CoW on the tank to keep it stacked as high as possible.

Anyways...I haven't gotten to Heroics yet, but in 5man normals, tanks seem *really* squishy. Tanking 3-4 mobs, I have to spam 'em with Flash Heal just to keep them above 40% sometimes. Though, it's most likely because everyone is still in quest greens/blues.

Deleted
    I found that you can stack a shield up to 50% of the targets HP using CoW (doesn't say anything about that on the tooltip). If I grouped with people who didn't stand in fire and interrupted more often I would probably test it more. WoM just seems to be much better at group healing in this cardboard gear we have right now. Will have to wait till raids open I guess.

Deleted
    The thing with mending is that with the spam of shielding that has to be done there is little time left sometimes to give that extra group wide heal to top up the players and not waste that time that can be used for something more vital. Also, it goes full circle since 10 spells will come VERY soon, with all the shields and penances and prayers of healing etc I have to use all the time. We're talking about something like one mending going out automatically, without a cast time, without even gcd, every like 12 sec.

I'll look into the stacking of the shield, I haven't thought about it, I may need an addon setup to monitor too closely, yet I think it's very clanky.

Frankly it takes forever to cast and in a mess it's like it's designed mainly for an "off-healer" dedicated to healing some one dude.

Yeah, most shields only stack up to 50% of the target's health. (IIRC)

I just tried Disc for a couple dungeons, and...well, it was actually better than Holy for the most part. I rarely had to use a cooldown, whereas with Holy, I was using cooldowns very often. CoW seemed to hold just fine on the tank, and Penance heals for a lot more than I remember...each tick was 20-22k. Jeez.

As good as it was, I found that if I fell behind on healing, it was really hard to catch up. Also, fights like Protectors (everbloom) with unpredictable damage were a real pain as well.

Healed my first Heroic as Disc, and while it worked, it was a bit tough at times. I couldn't really "overshield" the tank like I could in Normals; spamming CoW would just barely break even with the amount of damage he was taking.

Didn't help that the tank was going apeshit the entire time and kept chainpulling, and jumping right to the next pack as soon as the first one died.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-11-18 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I just tried Disc for a couple dungeons, and...well, it was actually better than Holy for the most part. I rarely had to use a cooldown, whereas with Holy, I was using cooldowns very often. CoW seemed to hold just fine on the tank, and Penance heals for a lot more than I remember...each tick was 20-22k. Jeez.
    You are doing it wrong if you need to pop CDs as holy. Only Guardian Spirit is used often.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Holys efficient spells are much easier to use than discs. I didnt play mop or most of wotlk, so needed to do proving grounds stuff for the first time. I found gold pretty much impossible as holy, Id always run oom. Switching to disc i did it after a few goes, but, its an entirely predictable scenario. Healing like that in HC's is much harder, whereas spamming heal and keeping renews running and such is much easier.
    OT wom is still good, but as disc your poms can get stuck in bubbles. Id rather run CoP.
    Last edited by mmoc2e044bfd41; 2014-11-18 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You are doing it wrong if you need to pop CDs as holy. Only Guardian Spirit is used often.
    Because it's my fault the tank is taking so much damage?

If you're just going to be a dick like this, don't post.

Because it's my fault the tank is taking so much damage?

If you're just going to be a dick like this, don't post.
    Because it's your own fault if you don't know your rotation as holy.

If you are going to be incompetent, don't make assertions that a spec is bad.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2014-11-19 at 02:58 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    I somewhat agree on this one, so far I've found holy to be a lot easier to heal with then disc. And if you can't keep the tank up, then you're either doing something wrong or the tank is undergeared.

I like Mending .. CoW is way too long to cast in my opinion. Mending does proc pretty often too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    I like Mending .. CoW is way too long to cast in my opinion. Mending does proc pretty often too.
    Mending is the only viable choice IMO.

Because it's your own fault if you don't know your rotation as holy.
    I can't control how much damage the tank takes. It's not "my fault" if the tank takes a lot of damage. That's not how healing works. Healing is in response to the large damage, not the cause of the large damage.

I've been playing WoD beta since July. I'm not as "incompetent" as you claim I am. Thanks for the insult though, really helps your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligun View Post
    CoW is way too long to cast in my opinion.
    It is literally the exact same cast time as Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jitskii View Post
    Mending is the only viable choice IMO.
    Why do people keep hating on CoW? It's extremely mana efficient and lets you stack up huge shields on the target. I find Disc very hard to play without it.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2014-11-18 at 06:55 PM.

I rarely use Heal. CoW works, but it seems Mending fits more my playstyle. I am not a fan of long casts.
    I think if you are stacking Haste then CoW is great!! but if you are like me and stack Crit, Mending is the better option. It definitely helps with AOE.

Like I said. Just my opinion. I did post all the talents I use and why in other threads.

Deleted
    CoW feels almost mandatory as Discipline. You are basically needing to keep weakened soul up on everyone and then use CoW preemptively on the tank or on a party member who takes damage. Once you move into a lull or Penance comes off CD, you then heal them. The intention of CoW seems to be to move Discipline more towards using absorbs to get through challenging damage and then using Penance and Heal during downtime.

Mending feels useless. If you are playing Discipline properly and maintaining shields then it and PoM proper falls off quite regularly.

Healing now definitely feels a lot more stressful. It is definitely involved but the aspect of fun that even Cataclysm had is sorely missing. I'm not too sure why that is, perhaps because heals now just feel utterly pathetic?

I can't control how much damage the tank takes. It's not "my fault" if the tank takes a lot of damage. That's not how healing works. Healing is in response to the large damage, not the cause of the large damage.

I've been playing WoD beta since July. I'm not as "incompetent" as you claim I am. Thanks for the insult though, really helps your credibility.
    For someone who claims to have played beta extensively, it's strange that you don't know how to holy priest properly.

I have pugged close to 50 heroic runs(not even counting guild runs yet) as is, and I have never used GS more than once per instance across tanks of multiple skill levels, and usually I don't even press said button. So yes, it's an issue on your part if you feel that popping cds is the norm for a holy priest.

Finally, the only person hurting his credibility is you and your own testimonial at using holy. The fact that you have to pop CDs as often as you claim is a clear sign you aren't good enough to stop the situation from degenerating to that point.

For someone who claims to have played beta extensively, it's strange that you don't know how to holy priest properly.
    So because my experience is different than yours, I'm obviously just not playing properly? It can't possibly be the tank not playing properly, or the tank being undergeared, or other factors, it's obviously a skill issue on my part! Fuck the fact that I've mained priest since BC, I'm obviously just an underskilled noob!

This isn't MoP. We don't outgear the dungeons. CDs are necessary to pull through tough situations. Using cooldowns does not mean you're "unskilled", it means you're properly using your toolkit to handle the current situation.

If you're just going to insult and keep pushing arguments of "ur just bad, only baddies use CDs", then welcome to my ignore list.

So because my experience is different than yours, I'm obviously just not playing properly? It can't possibly be the tank not playing properly, or the tank being undergeared, or other factors, it's obviously a skill issue on my part! Fuck the fact that I've mained priest since BC, I'm obviously just an underskilled noob!

This isn't MoP. We don't outgear the dungeons. CDs are necessary to pull through tough situations. Using cooldowns does not mean you're "unskilled", it means you're properly using your toolkit to handle the current situation.

If you're just going to insult and keep pushing arguments of "ur just bad, only baddies use CDs", then welcome to my ignore list.
    "If I can't do it, no one else can."

I had a feral druid tank the entirety of skyreach in bear form without changing specs at one point when the tank DCed and nobody could initiate a votekick due to a bug. I only used GS once on the second last boss while I was picking my nose.

And yeah, sure put me on the ignore list, it's not going to make you a better player though.

I had a feral druid tank the entirety of skyreach in bear form without changing specs at one point when the tank DCed and nobody could initiate a votekick due to a bug. I only used GS once on the second last boss while I was picking my nose.
    "Everyone else is bad because they're not leet MLG pro like me"

Ferals can tank decently. Difference between feral and guardian is not the same as difference between ret and prot. Ferals still have their tanking stance which still provides health and armor bonuses, so...yeah.

Anecdotes prove nothing. Usage of CDs does not make one "bad". CDs are there for a reason. If you want to spam Flash Heal nonstop to avoid using CDs, go right ahead, but don't start crudely insulting people and telling them they're "incompetent" just because they play differently than you. Judging by the fact that just about every one of your posts has at least one condescending insult in it, you've earned your spot in my ignore list.

What cool downs are you guys even talking about? Holy has GS for the tank and…? Hymn is a raid heal and I'm almost certain that just casting PoH/CoH does more total healing in a 5 man. What other cool downs are you talking about?