Getting bonus armor is mandatory in Gladiator Stance?

Hey guys,

As far as i understand Arms is the top DPS spec for warriors in WoD (is this true?). The sad part is arms is boring as hell so i am considering playing gladiator with my progression DPS warrior.

Reading here and there it seems bonus armor is the most important stat for Gladiators, even other sources and videos stands that not a single stat is even important for Gladiators. I mean, i can still getting critical gear just in case i have to switch to fury/arms in future.

So: is bonus armor mandatory to deal some good dps or i can still going for critical gear?

Thanx!

I think point for point, bonus armor gives you the most DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo83x View Post
    I think point for point, bonus armor gives you the most DPS.
    Damn! I have all my heroic gear for DPS with crit, even my epic ring. I think i have just fucked everything up. I might have to go still arms...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    Damn! I have all my heroic gear for DPS with crit, even my epic ring. I think i have just fucked everything up. I might have to go still arms...
    You'll loose ~12% dps by having no bonus armor compared to having rings/neck/cloak with bonus armor. Granted, 12% is a sizable difference, but unless you are raiding cutting edge mythic, nobody will care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Changing your ring costs gold but you can do it! Just run dungeons and set your loot spec as prot

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    Changing your ring costs gold but you can do it! Just run dungeons and set your loot spec as prot
    I just saw that! I am a happy panda now, i will roll Gladiator DPS for this Xpac, even if is a little less DPS than arms or fury (?) it is great to play!

There are only 4 (6 if you count trinkets, though I dont think they have BA) that can have BA. 2 rings, cloak, necklace.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Yeah just saw that too Griffeth. That is some good news. I will def try gladiator

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    Changing the ring or getting a second one? I'm curious since I'm going to need both essentially.

EDIT: Looks like you just buy the extra one for 500G: (not letting me post links yet, but you can Google a wowhead guide on legendary rings)

NEW Question: When you do the upgrade quests, does it automatically upgrade both then?
    Last edited by kleintrpt; 2014-11-17 at 05:51 PM.

Yeah just saw that too Griffeth. That is some good news. I will def try gladiator
    Its a blast. Really hope it stays viable.

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

It's only a 560 item, but the Bright Coin trinket treasure item procs bonus armor (245 for the rare version, 270 for the epic). Is this a viable item at all for glad stance (at least to start out)? My warrior's only 97 currently and I'm just thinking of the near future.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    There are only 4 (6 if you count trinkets, though I dont think they have BA) that can have BA. 2 rings, cloak, necklace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    It's only a 560 item, but the Bright Coin trinket treasure item procs bonus armor (245 for the rare version, 270 for the epic). Is this a viable item at all for glad stance (at least to start out)? My warrior's only 97 currently and I'm just thinking of the near future.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=110015&bonus=499:524

http://www.wowhead.com/item=110016&bonus=499:524
    Last edited by Phovos; 2014-11-17 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffeth View Post
    And this is why I love these forums!
    remember to set your lootspec to protection on bosses that drop those trinkets and any necks/rings with bonus armor. I've yet to get anything but the trinkets with BA -.- but got lots of crappy avoidance gear. Gonna start running group loot with a leather tank to fix this problem.

Deleted
    Maybe I missed it on the tooltip of Gladiator Stance but why exactly do you need Bonus Armor to deal more damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducka View Post
    Maybe I missed it on the tooltip of Gladiator Stance but why exactly do you need Bonus Armor to deal more damage?
    because this

Quote Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
    Stat weights:
    STR 1.0
    Bonus Armor: 0.99
    330 Haste: 0.90
    Crit 0.61
    Multistrike: 0.43
    Mastery: 0.41
    Vers: 0.38
    Haste (Beyond 330): 0.30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    because this
    Just realised it's the mastery from Protection that converts Bonus Armor -> Attack Power. Thanks for the stat weight list though!