Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love personal loot. I assume OP is the kind of person that (as a tank) needs on int trinkets etc "because I need itemlevel".

Good riddance!

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I am in ilvl 631..

I'm completely satisfied with the way the loot works in WoD, and when in a guild group we even switch to personal because fuck getting mail loot with no shaman/hunters..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1k0 View Post
    5 instances - 1 drop.
    Some bosses seem to have no drops, people cant greed/pass on items I need and they dont want or already have.
    Sorry but not gonna spend 4 days tanking normals for nothing. trying 2 get to ilvl610...

It was a promising expansion Blizz, shame I paid for 2 months
    Your whining post is a joke. No shit sherlock, you can have bad luck with loot, that's unprecedented and should only happen to people who don't pay for the sub!
    Loot system is personal loot. Makes ninjaing impossible, but thanks for whining about others not being able to need for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    27 heroics over the past three days, still missing weapon and trinkets (yay most important slots). Basically everything else filled. Mixed feelings about the system really.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    I guess people who dislike personal loot are the same, who need on all gear, because they need it for "transmog", "disenchant, sell", "will trade for gold" and etc.
    Personal loot is one of the best things, that blizz introduced recently, for random group to be viable.

Speaking of "lack of loot". Well, i see people in group chat looting gear from boss, so it is more about a personal luck. In past i also spent tons of time trying to loot the last item to fill the slot.
    However on Sunday i really had a situation when i got zero drops from 3 instances. But i guess bliz hotfixed it later.
    Last edited by mmoc63e873a820; 2014-11-18 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Hate the living crap out of it. Even if u're running with 2-3 guildies, helping them out, getting repeat items, or useless junk that would be helpful to others, is just silly.

It has a lot of issues, and i hate the crap out of it, but it's one way of removing ninjas\loot drama\whining from the equation. Shame though, it sucks.
    Run with 4 guildies, or with 2-3 guildies and some invited friends. HAVE THE LOOT HOWEVER YOU WANT IT THEN.

Meanwhile there's nothing that sucks worse than being a pug healer or pug tank and having your gear stolen by a group of asshole guildies just because they can hit the need button. Y'all who do that you can go to Hell, but you can't do that any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    When was the drop rate increased? I ran skyreach and everbloom yesterday got nothing from either. Just curious if they increased the drops before I ran those and just got bad RNG, or if I ran those before the increase. I’d love to start working on heroics
    I am the flip side of that first time I did Skyreach I got loot on all but 1 boss. The second time I did it I got loot on all of them. RNG is RNG.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If I wanted to roll awesome pve stats such as 'indestructible' on gear, I would have played diablo. The loot system is a joke, but it has nothing to do with personal loot. Jew Wilson's finger prints are all over it, its the same crap he pulled in diablo. No one wants to have to "win the lottery" to get a BiS piece. Gg blizz, keep letting this tool ruin games. Funfunfunfunfun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It's intended to slow the gearing down using "ninjas" as a cover. Often bosses don't drop any loot for anyone, if they do you might get stuff you already have someone else would've needed and seeing how every boss can now pretty much drop everything you might very well get the same item several times over from different bosses.
    So it is intended to get DPS trinket when your loot spec is Resto?

Then why not remove loot spec all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsthedillio View Post
    Jew Wilson's finger prints are all over it
    This always makes me laugh and remember Ghostcrawlers post about what happens after he leaves...

RNG is RNG

Personal loot is a pretty garbage system but it's the only way to stop bitches from taking loot for their offspecs or rolling need just because they want to vendor/shard something and all the negative consequences of all that. If people could group up and stop being whores and other people would stop having fits about not getting their drop, it wouldn't be needed.

As for me, it took my DK maybe 4 normal dungeons to get 610 ilevel, think i got one piece from 2 of them and nothing from 2 others. Then I ran maybe, 3-4 heroics and now I have like 6 pieces at 630, plus a 636 warforged piece, plus my legendary ring which is pretty badassed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaltione View Post
    I love personal loot. I assume OP is the kind of person that (as a tank) needs on int trinkets etc "because I need itemlevel".

Good riddance!
    The perspective of casuals is always so warped. Not sure why you'd assume someone who hates personal loot is someone who would ninja gear from people or just had no regard for other people at all.

Maybe he just hates it because it sucks and provides less loot.

I've done quite a few runs with guildies over the last few days on a couple of characters to gear up quickly. I recall getting the same ring every time we ran everbloom and on two of those occasions there was another strength user I could have simply passed the ring to in the old system. New system says he was unlucky, fuck him, nothing you can do about it. When we have full 5-man parties its no problem because we set our own loot rules, but whenever we don't, which is fairly often, we have to use the personal loot system and while we have done more dungeons with personal loot, we've received more loot from our runs on group loot.

Personal loot is just a sucky system, as I said in an earlier post it's made only to appease the crybabies who whine because someone took an item they wanted and there's too many dickbags in the world to behave responsibly or consider other people when rolling on things. It's good for the garbage pugs out there, but it's bad overall as a loot system.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Both systems are the same RNG.

Group loot, there's the one or two items that drop, you may or may not even see an item you could use. Maybe you do. Caveat is that you also may have to roll against someone.

Personal loot, there's still RNG as far as if an item drops you can use, but now you don't have to roll against anyone. Only difference is you don't see any loot if it were something you couldn't equip anyhow.

Either way, there's a chance nothing can drop that's relevant to you.

Why make comments about things you don't even understand. "I could have passed to someone else" doesn't exist as a scenario and overall you even get more items this way especially if you have more than one person per armor type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1k0 View Post
    5 instances - 1 drop.
    Some bosses seem to have no drops, people cant greed/pass on items I need and they dont want or already have.
    Sorry but not gonna spend 4 days tanking normals for nothing. trying 2 get to ilvl610...

It was a promising expansion Blizz, shame I paid for 2 months
    Aww... is the baby going to quit because he didn't get an item per boss in a dungeon?
    Guess what, you still get the same amount of gear now then ever before. Before Personal Loot loot dropped from every boss, but the chance of something going your way was no bigger than it is now.

I swear, the entitled babies in this forum are getting whinnier by the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear you.

I've run about 7 Heroics so far and got 3 drops so far.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I hate the LFG loot system; it's very retarded to take all control away from the players in the looting process; and incredibly stupid if you're say queuing with a friend and you get an item you already have and he needs but it didn't drop for him; at least make it impossible to get the same item or an item you simply don't need since you're in effect depriving it of others that might need loot.
    I'm not sure if this is a general misunderstanding, but here goes.
    It doesn't matter that, say, the best trinket available drops for you when you already have it and your friend still needs it. The roll is 100 % individual, the fact that you looted the trinket does NOT stop him from looting the exact same trinket from the exact same boss kill. That's one of the reasons they don't allow you to trade anything obtained through personal loot.

Edit: On top of that, the personal loot system makes groups of various sizes possible, so it's no longer "necessary" to keep the group size to a minimum or not take in that extra Protector user. And it makes no difference if your dungeon group has 3, 4 or 5 people in it, or if you all use plate armor - your chance to get an item with personal loot is still the exact same regardless of group size and composition.

---

On topic I can only agree with #12.
    Last edited by Zindai; 2014-11-19 at 03:38 AM.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

Deleted
    7 heroics and maybe like 5 items or so.

619 ilvl.

Not really mad but at the same time jelly at those few fuckers who "win the lottery" and are sittgin 630 or 645(BoE buyers and luckers).

Raids are still quite a bit away tho, so I'm not that worried.

Holy paladin HPS is quite good even at the lower ilvls, me like :3. (hate random pugs tho, running the dungeouns is something of a bit of an art right now, cba at times)

And personally, I hate the loot system with passion. I'd kill the man who put it.... in, ok nvm...

Point being, it makes you suffer the crap that is Blizzards RNG without any control. I like control.

E.G. Everyone has their boss with The Item and they will never get anything else within 20 runs at least, guaranteed. My theory right there.
    Last edited by mmoc7da69332ce; 2014-11-19 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... I am not even kidding with this, I have counted. I have killed 54 HC bosses and only 4 items. This system is shit and they should make each time you kill a boss and don't get any loot, the chance of getting loot for the second boss increase.

Deleted
    Well in the past i hade cases when i did tons of runs for one specific item, only for it to be lootninjad by someone, who does not even need it really.
    I had to make parties by hand, or leave groups ( in case of LFD ) if there are people who may possibly need it.
    I remember even asking at the start of the dungeon if someone needed that specific item.
    With new loot system such problems are gone.

Deleted
    Ilevel 613, stepped foot in 3 max level dungeons had 1 Item drop.
    all of my items have ben got from opening hidden boxes and killing rares, There are other avenues to getting your Ilevel up to heroic