10+ Year Old Account

Is auto-login considered bannable?

We're currently hitting 3-4.000 in queue on my server. This Means i'll not be able to play at all if i get home from work around 18 and have to go to bed at 23.

I can boot my computer by sending a Wake-On-Lan packet from my phone, and i tried installing TeamViewer, but my phone/the app cant handle launching wow for some reason, it keeps crashing.

I considered programming a small script to launch wow and log me in when the computer starts, but i thought it might be considered a violation of the ToS.

I'd never risk getting banned, but not being able to play is just ridiculous.

Does anyone know for sure?
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Doubt that's banable at all, you'll be fine.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

As long as you dont use any scritps within the game you should be fine. Afaik the WoW tos mostly involve what you can do to enchance your character in-game.

Seems fair enough to me, not much different from me getting my wife to log me in an hour or so before I finish work for example.
    So long as the only thing your script does is launch the game, and not then try to interact any other way I cant see them getting you for it.

Deleted
    Don't see a problem at all with this, and I truly doubt they'd care enough to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post
    I can boot my computer by sending a Wake-On-Lan packet from my phone, and i tried installing TeamViewer, but my phone/the app cant handle launching wow for some reason, it keeps crashing.
    Install Google Chrome browser and try using Chrome Remote Desktop. Works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was more concerned that the software used for such a script could potentially be used to create a bot, so just having that software installed might be bad. But thanks for the answers, i'll try the Google remote desktop since i have an android phone.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

I may have remote desktop'd in to my home PC and logged into WoW at around 3:00 EST.

Though something about the remote connection made WoW error out in the connection process. I had to hit "Play" from the launcher, quickly kill the remote connection, wait 30s or so, then re-establish remote connection to see myself at my character select screen.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post
    We're currently hitting 3-4.000 in queue on my server. This Means i'll not be able to play at all if i get home from work around 18 and have to go to bed at 23.

I considered programming a small script to launch wow and log me in when the computer starts, but i thought it might be considered a violation of the ToS.

I'd never risk getting banned, but not being able to play is just ridiculous.

Does anyone know for sure?
    See if you can change wow to run in windowed fullscreen mode. I tried the same with a remote connection, and wow wouldnt open while it was in fullscreen mode. However once i changed it too windowed fullscreen, no problem.