Is there any reason to upgrade lumbermill?

Is there a reason to upgrade lumbermill past level 1? As far as I can see the only advantage is to get more work orders, you start with 7 which get filled every 3 hours so as long as I feed the machine every 24 hours I get the same amount of resources as I would if I had 14 work orders and checked it every 2 days. The only advantage I see is that you can cut down bigger trees for more lumber but I can run around shadowmoon and snatch up trees left and right.

There is a follower who increases lumber yield to 30 instead of 20 but you can use him in a level 1 lumber yard just as easily as a level 3.

So why have a level 3 lumber yard?

The follower only becomes available via quest when your lumbermill is level 3. Also you can't put people in buildings until the building is level 2.

If you are planning on keeping the LM getting it to 3 asap is very important. You get the follower at level 3 that increases GR from work orders, so the earlier you get it the better.

Deleted
    Your lumber mill should produce more from work orders if it is level 2 and you have epic follower in it. May not be worth doing it now, but when you upgrade your follower, there will be a point.

Upgrading to 2 is definitely a low priority if you're able to keep the seven work orders going at level 1, because being level 2 as far as I can tell gives absolutely nothing else but increased work order capacity - it will not increase the amount of resources you earn (contrary to what my silly guildmates told me).

It's probably better spent on other buildings or reaching Garrison 3 since it'll be I think at least 8 days before you can get the achievement for level 3 LM (unless you have alts with Garrisons). Just get the stuff you need now and save the LM 2 for later.

If you don't have a set strategy yet, keep in mind by upgrading to Garrison 3 for a second medium plot will allow you to build a Trading Post, which can be used to trade gathering materials in work orders for 30 resources , so you can quickly get the resources you need to upgrade the LM later, if you choose to go that route.
    Last edited by Forumchibi; 2014-11-18 at 03:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which follower are we talking about, Phylarch Evergreen?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

I am of the mindset that once I get my garrison built the way I want the lumber mill will probably be ripped out once I get a nice padding of resources.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Which follower are we talking about, Phylarch Evergreen?
    Yes, he increases your lumber mill yield from 20 to 30.