Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    Oh you mean the Orc who did nothing but long to die and kept moping around about how he was sad about the fact that he did Not die with his comrades? So very strange that he took the decision to die with honour. Besides, there's tons of characters who have taken up suicidal missions knowing that they would very likely die, one great example are all of the Draenei volunteers who "defended" Shattrath in order to make it appear that the Orcs actually slaughtered all of them, buying time for Velen and the rest to hide and thus survive.
    Exactly, all Brox cared about was a glorious death and was distraught with guilt that he survived whilst his allies did not. He was just another bland Knaak cliche that I feel gets overrated to hell on forums and would probably be hated like Rhonin and crew if he was a human or elf

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    A shame thrall violated the scared laws by bringing full plate armor, and using the elements to do his dirty deeds rather than strength.
    Does it matter? It was an execution disguised as a Mak'gora (I haven't done Nagrand yet so I don't even know if it was a challenge). Garrosh probably knew within that this was his final moment , and there was no more avoiding the consequences of his crusade against Azeroth. He could probably have killed Thrall instantly somehow as soon as he got the upper hand, but didn't as it was his time. And I don't blame Thrall, he was losing, and Garrosh was going down by any means necessary. You too, would have shot someone who killed your friends even if your first intention was to beat the living crap out of him and you suddenly start losing.
    Dishonorable, maybe. But absolutely justified in my opinion.

Deleted
    R.I.P. Garrosh, you will be missed.

Best Warchief ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Exactly, all Brox cared about was a glorious death and was distraught with guilt that he survived whilst his allies did not. He was just another bland Knaak cliche that I feel gets overrated to hell on forums and would probably be hated like Rhonin and crew if he was a human or elf
    Did he talk to army raptor?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

All the bitter comments here just show that blizzard wasn't able to deliver the real power of character like Thrall in the game, same goes for poor Malfurion who was locked away cause it's too powerful and the players are jealous of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    All the bitter comments here just show that blizzard wasn't able to deliver the real power of character like Thrall in the game, same goes for poor Malfurion who was locked away cause it's too powerful and the players are jealous of him.
    Actually there is no good explanation why Malfurion, most powerful on Azeroth as shown in his story, isn't leading alliance
    I don't understand, or at least know, why he is doing absolutely nothing, sleeping, specially since Metzen said he is his fav character (does Metzen love to sleep or he can't control wow as before?)
    Or he is active but I missed it?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Actually there is no good explanation why Malfurion, most powerful on Azeroth as shown in his story, isn't leading alliance
    I don't understand, or at least know, why he is doing absolutely nothing, sleeping, specially since Metzen said he is his fav character (does Metzen love to sleep or he can't control wow as before?)
    In game he's active a little in Darkshore, and in Hyjal, Molten Front and if you're on heroic, final phase of Ragnaros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malzra View Post
    In game he's active a little in Darkshore, and in Hyjal, Molten Front and if you're on heroic, final phase of Ragnaros.
    I know those parts, but since cata and he is back to sleep again? Does he enjoy sleep that much? (my mistake, should typed after Cata)
    And even in Cata Thrall was everywhere while Mal was... at least not mega sleep
    Thrall

He's pretty good/neutral who would probably not make a great Alliance leader. Faction leaders need to be able to make the hard choice that is best for their faction, even if it's not the "right" thing to do, Varian has never shied away from the big call. I get the feeling that Malfurion would watch half of his people get slaughtered because he was too much of a pacifist and too trusting to strike first.

Malfurion is also incredibly OP, him and Thrall together would make us feel completely useless

Quote Originally Posted by nymz View Post
    Does it matter? It was an execution disguised as a Mak'gora (I haven't done Nagrand yet so I don't even know if it was a challenge). Garrosh probably knew within that this was his final moment , and there was no more avoiding the consequences of his crusade against Azeroth. He could probably have killed Thrall instantly somehow as soon as he got the upper hand, but didn't as it was his time. And I don't blame Thrall, he was losing, and Garrosh was going down by any means necessary. You too, would have shot someone who killed your friends even if your first intention was to beat the living crap out of him and you suddenly start losing.
    Dishonorable, maybe. But absolutely justified in my opinion.
    Yes but orcs don't care as much about justice or logic as they do about honor. Thrall has proven yet again that he is really a human and not an orc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora Twinblade View Post
    Oh you mean the Orc who did nothing but long to die and kept moping around about how he was sad about the fact that he did Not die with his comrades? So very strange that he took the decision to die with honour. Besides, there's tons of characters who have taken up suicidal missions knowing that they would very likely die, one great example are all of the Draenei volunteers who "defended" Shattrath in order to make it appear that the Orcs actually slaughtered all of them, buying time for Velen and the rest to hide and thus survive.
    Yeah, there were other characters who took up suicidal missions. How many of them managed to draw Sargeras himself to stop them though? While being shirtless, I must add. Warriors are seriously underrated in a world where throwing fireballs is still apparently considered some sort of superpower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Malfurion is also incredibly OP, him and Thrall together would make us feel completely useless
    Thrall already makes me feel like a spectator of his glorious story. Why do I have to fight Garrosh and stuff if Thrall gets to pose upon the body and claim the kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    Yes but orcs don't care as much about justice or logic as they do about honor. Thrall has proven yet again that he is really a human and not an orc.
    He's Metzen and not an orc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Thrall already makes me feel like a spectator of his glorious story. Why do I have to fight Garrosh and stuff if Thrall gets to pose upon the body and claim the kill?
    Honestly, I felt that Thrall was kind of sidelined in the questing experience so far (Just done with Talador), yes he is involved in a lot of stuff, but doesn't do much, except tag along. It seems more like he was just following me and my escapades and growing friendship with the Frostwolves. I'm almost sure that Durotan and Gan'ar likes the player character a lot more. Although I've been lazy with reading quests. Maybe they had a super bonding moment that I've missed, or has yet to happen.

But Garrosh killing blow always belonged to Thrall.
    Last edited by mmoc1216238517; 2014-11-21 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion/Thrall have many similarities, hence why I see Malfurion as better leader for alliance
    And please tell me how take your army and try to invade Undercity from its people (who literallry died there defending it against scourge) and leave westfall and duskwoods and even lakeshire (also it had some support) to their own problems is 'good leading skills' in first place
    Varian specially has zero rights to talk about Lordearon because during the scourge invasion he was completely idle crying being emo while Lordearon was destroyed, repaying the 'favor' of how Teneras II went full way war with rest of alliance (except Alterac and Gilneas you can say) to help him, I bet Teneras spirit consider that his biggest mistake
    It isn't power as much as wisdom, yes Thrall did mistakes, but Thrall/Malfurion both showed their willing to understand to work for greater good, something only old Jaina shared with them (Yes I talk mainly from wc3 ending)
    Thrall

he isn't malfurion was MIA since vanilla and no one know the real reason, my hypothesis is that he is too powerful and in tandem with thrall they can single handle any threat so to avoid at last a bit of the QQ they try to avoid putting them together, also he isn't a human so for the sake of human vs orc they have tried to push varian (and anduin) as the flagbearer for the alliance.
    A shame imho, with wod blizzard already missed the chance to give malfurion a proper role 3 times, first was cata (i would have putted both malfurion and thrall in deathwing demise), second mop with him missing from SoO, and now in wod where i see Malfurion a better lead than Khadgar (that is awesome but not on malfy level).
    Guess only blizzard could ask but no one asked it a blizzcom only stupid questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    he isn't malfurion was MIA since vanilla and no one know the real reason, my hypothesis is that he is too powerful and in tandem with thrall they can single handle any threat so to avoid at last a bit of the QQ they try to avoid putting them together, also he isn't a human so for the sake of human vs orc they have tried to push varian (and anduin) as the flagbearer for the alliance.
    A shame imho, with wod blizzard already missed the chance to give malfurion a proper role 3 times, first was cata (i would have putted both malfurion and thrall in deathwing demise), second mop with him missing from SoO, and now in wod where i see Malfurion a better lead than Khadgar (that is awesome but not on malfy level).
    Guess only blizzard could ask but no one asked it a blizzcom only stupid questions.
    Malfurion was left out because no one likes overpowered hippies coming to steal all the glory, as demonstrated by the comments on the Nagrand cinematic.

Also how the hell would Malfurion have anything to do with WoD? He has zero connection to Draenor, he doesn't even really have a connection to any other continent than Kalimdor for that matter. Khadgar was there the first time the portal caused shit, was locked in Draenor, and enough other things which made him the perfect candidate. Khadgar is OP too according to what I've seen so far ingame, but at least he's witty and a likeable character.