Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Ashran] Realm Unfairness

So I decided to go check out Ashran and see if I can watch an epic battle between both factions with their respective Ancients of War,

and what did I see instead ? X amount of alliance hiding in the immunity bubble (X = a lot but CBA counting) almost everyone is dead outside the bubble and a giant rock elemental on my face.

Now I know that you dont always win or find equally matched enemy in PvP but the thing is, I play in Silvermoon-EU which is mostly a PvE realm, the realm we are facing is Stormscale-EU < (One of the best PvP realms in EU?) and it feels like Ashran will be a R@$# fest currently for the alliance.

do realms usually rotate or silvermoon is up for a spanking from now on ?

Same on eredar, just that Horde is sitting in their bubble and getting crushed by the alliance of Aegwynn :/

Faction imbalance and no real reward structure (what's in ashran aside of easy honor/some conquest for winning the game? - if you loose you get nothing) makes the whole zone kind of pointless.

Deleted
    Same thing with Twisting Nether EU being paired with Outland, the biggest Alliance PvP server.

I dont understand why they didnt pair Outland with Stormscale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried to do this on a horde character on Auchindoun (eu). Lost 5 in a row, there were more allys than hordes in our own base Maybe they can make people zone out and in so it's 50 v 50?
    im cool pls respodn

15+ Year Old Account
    Ashran is going to fail just the same as Wintergrasp and Tol Barad, the negative feedback loop from those who constantly lose are just going to make it a faceroll farm for some realms and a total no-go for others.

The same actually happens on a micro-scale with battlegrounds. This is very obvious with Alterac Valley, as the Alliance have a strong reputation for winning there, those Horde who really care about winning tend to avoid it, and the Alliance who really care about winning gravitate towards it.

Sadly it's also nigh-impossible to balance, as it has to be done on both server- and player-skill level.
    Last edited by Hottage; 2014-11-18 at 09:45 AM.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    What mrgrummage said. This requires much more thought into from blizzard than they already did. I'd love to see even one horde fight vs Ravencrest A (EU). Of course it'd be nice if a whole heap of bugs were removed aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Dragonmaw EU has Horde in the Alliance base 24/7. I think Alliance may have won a single objective before we got camped. Since then no one has been able to leave the base.

Deleted
    In haomarush EU horde just rofl stomps the few alliance weaklings that even consider entering. Same as it was in tb and wg, so nothing new here. Just another fast way for horde to gain honor and conquest while the unfortunate alliance players need to grind it up and cry,

A single death largely invalidating all of your effort really puts a damper on my enthusiasm for Ashran to say the least. I feel like I'm playing a first-person RTS with 500+ units involved in a single battle, which is not particularly satisfying (especially as a healer, with no practical way to tell whether the 500+ people around me are dying or not.)
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2014-11-18 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    In haomarush EU horde just rofl stomps the few alliance weaklings that even consider entering. Same as it was in tb and wg, so nothing new here. Just another fast way for horde to gain honor and conquest while the unfortunate alliance players need to grind it up and cry,
    The problem is that WG and TB weren't cross realm, it was faction balance based.

on the other side, Silvermoon is a PvE Realm being paired with one of the strongest PvP realms in EU is just nuts O_O
    Other people are facing problems due to their server having low population and paired with high pop servers but with a different faction which makes it like a 1v100

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    In haomarush EU horde just rofl stomps the few alliance weaklings that even consider entering.
    Rank 1 gladiators can be killed by a bunch of 1000 rated people when they are outnumbered 8 to 1

But it isn't just the imbalance that is a problem. The other issue is that the general cannot be killed without a huge numerical advantage. Not with all the other NPCs in there. It just isn't going to happen in 9 minutes unless the attacker greatly outnumbers the defender.

Grossly imbalanced games are fun for one side, while "even" games aren't fun for anyone because the match will never end.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-11-18 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Grossly imbalanced games are fun for one side, while "even" games aren't fun for anyone because the match will never end.
    I believe the point was for games to be long, like the old days of AV. Instead we get 4 minute stomps that are just a glorified PvE DPS race on the final boss for the army of 300 while the 6 lonely enemies sit back and watch.

When (if) they figure out their pairings to make ashran a semi even fight it is going to be real fun i can guarantee it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    The problem is that WG and TB weren't cross realm, it was faction balance based.

on the other side, Silvermoon is a PvE Realm being paired with one of the strongest PvP realms in EU is just nuts O_O
    Other people are facing problems due to their server having low population and paired with high pop servers but with a different faction which makes it like a 1v100
    It's not just you. Us at Proudmoore, a PvE realm, are being paired up with Kil'Jaeden, a PvP realm with a massive Horde majority. They don't call it Assran for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post

Then the losing side will fall further and further behind in PvP progression because they won't be able to reap the rewards the winning side gets. It's just like WG on lopsided realms to the point that the minority side sometimes won't even have a chance to do VoA for the week.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2014-11-19 at 08:48 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    It's not just you. Us at Proudmoore, a PvE realm, are being paired up with Kil'Jaeden, a PvP realm with a massive Horde majority. They don't call it Assran for nothing.

Then the losing side will fall further and further behind in PvP progression because they won't be able to reap the rewards the winning side gets. It's just like WG on lopsided realms to the point that the minority side sometimes won't even have a chance to do VoA for the week.
    Yeah, it's especially bad because Proudmoore is probably the careyest of carebear servers to begin with. There are already jokers from KJ gloating over their faceroll victories, but what can you do? Looks like it's back to farming AV.

10+ Year Old Account
    WG was better because it buffed the losing side characters. So even if they were losing, they'd still have fun killing the overpopulated side because of the buffs they were given.

This isn't the case for Ashran. The losing side has to sit there and take it up the ass. No one likes this, so they just leave causing even fewer numbers, and the self sustaining loop keeps going.

Give the fewer numbered side a damage/healing/HP bonus to make up for it instead of just buffing the NPC's HP pools.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Yes, faction balance is problem and it should be resolved somehow. Best way would be instance it and make it 40vs40 or something like that and all servers should be mixed in those instances.

But the biggest problem is that 1st season of the wod is ruined. Half of the people that wanted to do pvp this season and were on a wrong faction/server will not do pvp or even leave game because they are 5100 conquest points behind (3 weeks). That means that others will be 3 piece of gear in front.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Area 52 US, basically a Horde server...very small Alliance population. Everytime I have gone into Ashran the Alliance have kicked ass. It's insane, is it cross realm now?

I play on a server with 51% alliance 49% horde, and alliance is completely stomping horde every minute of the day in Ashran. I wouldn't get my hopes up that better CRZ is going to magically fix the situation.