Questions about bodyguards, what level needed, etc

So I've been reading many conflicting reports about garrison bodyguards. I have a mage at level 93 and thought this would be a great feature to find a tank bodyguard.

What is the quickest level you can get this? Some plans say level 100 or Nagrand Outpost which requires level 98, other reports say there is a book you can buy from a goblin at level 94

Secondly, is the follower worth it for a caster class? Or are the upgraded quest items better?

Deleted
    the plans say 98 because you need 98 to buy all the level 2 plans.

Well this is what I read on the wow forums so I wanted to know if others knew about this.
    sounds like you can do it at level 94

At 94 you'll get a quest to go to Talador. Once there you have to pick a building for your new outpost. It doesn't matter which one you pick, either one starts a quest chain (about 10 quests all up)

Follow that quest chain all the way through to the end (just that quest chain, you can leave the other quests until you are doing the zone). At the end you'll get a blue book as a reward.

Take that book to Ashran and just south of the flight path arrival point is a gnome sitting by a building being constructed. Use the book to buy the level 2 barracks blueprint and learn it. (edit: obviously will be different for horse, probably a goblin somewhere close by when you arrive in the zone).

Go back to your garrison and make the level 2 barracks.

Deleted
    You will get a quest which rewards you with a red book(not sure the name), with which you can buy the plans for level 2 barracks from Ashran. The quest will get you there so if you pick up all quests you will be fine. Also the quest is aroun 95 i think, or at least it was available for me at that point, where you get a blood elf follower lvl 95(if you are horde).

It is quite hard to get the aggro from him, close to impossible. However if you are keen on keeping that bodyguard alive, he will be pain in the *** as they would randomly decide to engage anything that moves.

Hope this clears ur questions.