Help me perfect Vanish/Prep usage!

So I've been wondering when the optimal time to use Vanish and PrepVanish and have come up with a few priority ideas.. please correct me as i am new to the class. I want to know how i can squeeze the most performance out of my rogue

THIS IS FOR ASSASSINATION ONLY

:::First Vanish:::
    1. within 8 seconds of using your Shadow Reflection/Vendetta combo (SR > Vendetta > Vanish > Mutilate)

:::Preperation Vanish Priority Order:::
    1. If hero was not used on pull save for hero
    2. within 8 seconds of your Shadow Reflection/Vendetta combo (SR > Vendetta > Vanish > Mutilate)
    3. If more than 60 seconds until Shadow Reflection/Vendetta available, use on Agility Proc

again please correct me on any mistakes as this is why i am attempting to do now.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if someone could give me some insight on when to use vanish/prep as sub that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by lukeyboy89 View Post
    Also if someone could give me some insight on when to use vanish/prep as sub that would be great.
    With find weakness ignoring armor, I will typically Vanish right after my opening find weakness falls off the target. Shadowdancing will allow another find weakness proc (make sure the last second of dancing you can get one last ambush in), followed by a Prep/Vanish after that. Reason I chose to do this is trinket procs at beginning of fight, typical lust at beginning of fight, and boss fights lasting less than 2min.

Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    With find weakness ignoring armor, I will typically Vanish right after my opening find weakness falls off the target. Shadowdancing will allow another find weakness proc (make sure the last second of dancing you can get one last ambush in), followed by a Prep/Vanish after that. Reason I chose to do this is trinket procs at beginning of fight, typical lust at beginning of fight, and boss fights lasting less than 2min.
    Because of trinket procs you want to shadow dance as your initial fw falls off and vanish after.

sorry might be off topic, but for an opener. do you ambush or mut?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpyman View Post
    sorry might be off topic, but for an opener. do you ambush or mut?
    always mut for a chance at blindside proc (dispatch)