Page 1 of 2
LastLast

11/16 Islamic State claims to have beheaded another aide worker

beheading-idUSKCN0J008W20141116

Islamic State militants said in a video on Sunday they had beheaded U.S. hostage Peter Kassig and warned the United States they would kill other U.S. citizens "on your streets".

The announcement of Kassig's death, in what would be the fifth such killing of a Western captive by the group, formed part of a 15-minute video posted online in which Islamic State showed the beheadings of at least 14 men it said were pilots and officers loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

In Washington, President Barack Obama's National Security Council (NSC) said the U.S. government was working to confirm the authenticity of the claim.

"If confirmed, we are appalled by the brutal murder of an innocent American aid worker and we express our deepest condolences to his family and friends," NSC spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan said in a statement.

The man in the video spoke with the same southern British accent as the killer of previous hostages, dubbed "Jihadi John" by British media. He was believed to have been wounded in an air attack on a meeting of IS leaders in an Iraqi town close to the Syrian border earlier this month, some media reports have said.

"To Obama, the dog of Rome, today we are slaughtering the soldiers of Bashar and tomorrow we will be slaughtering your soldiers," a masked militant says, predicting Washington would send more troops to the region to fight Islamic State.

"And with Allah's permission ... the Islamic State will soon ... begin to slaughter your people in your streets."
    The man in the video spoke with the same southern British accent as the killer of previous hostages, dubbed "Jihadi John" by British media. He was believed to have been wounded in an air attack on a meeting of IS leaders in an Iraqi town close to the Syrian border earlier this month, some media reports have said.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

a masked militant
    Wow. So brave. Such power.

I can't say I'm terribly concerned about a new set of barbarians taking control of a region that's been beset with this shit for hundreds of years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do these aid workers go to these places without body guards? I'm all for helping the people in those countries who are suffering from this conflict, but that doesn't mean go in unprotected.

ISIS was offering rewards for the locals to report people with foreign passports. I'm sure the aid workers knew the danger but still, why attack aid workers.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

So, can we go in and kill them yet?

I seriously stopped thinking of these fucks as humans a while ago. Kill them all and be done with it.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Deleted
    I think that "behind the scenes" they concider all the hostages as being dead already.

It's is amazing and disheartening to see that no country in the Western world cares enough to actually sent in some troops to actually end this threat.
    Bombing them a bit here and there and arming local "fighters" isnt going to end this.

I'm more interested in the fact that they've taken to killing their fellow Sunnis, now that they're running out of other people to kill due to being systematically pushed out of their gains from earlier in the year and/or exterminated.

His fellow prisoners said he had converted to Islam. Why did they kill someone who converted? I thought they wanted people to convert.

Yes, now that they are kill their fellow Sunnis in the hundreds, locals will start dropping dimes to the CIA. It's what happened to al Qaeda.

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I dream of a world where we can contain Islamic State to a small island and then watch as the mushroom clouds take them all to Allah.

You know you're out there when even other radicals are saying you need to dial it back.

Deleted
    Why is there so much turmoil down there in iraq and everything around it and if you fix the problem they/that/it just comes/come back again

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    ISIS was offering rewards for the locals to report people with foreign passports. I'm sure the aid workers knew the danger but still, why attack aid workers.
    BEcause these people are cowardly weaklings that prey on the already easy targets. They're pathetic worms without concience, bravery or honor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Why is there so much turmoil down there in iraq and everything around it and if you fix the problem they/that/it just comes/come back again
    200 years of colonial control that just went away and left a power vacuum and regions divided in idiotic ways that have been the reason for conflicts ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think that "behind the scenes" they concider all the hostages as being dead already.

It's is amazing and disheartening to see that no country in the Western world cares enough to actually sent in some troops to actually end this threat.
    Bombing them a bit here and there and arming local "fighters" isnt going to end this.
    And then when troops are sent and youll have a 2-3 year wars on your hand, youll(not you specifically) blame the same western countries for interference in other countries.

You have

A. Oil (That keeps the USA afloat)
    &
    B. Money (investments in war material - soldiers - etc...)
    It's like we are all Red Jelly Beans in a Jar full of various colors. Every now and then they reach in and get a Red Jelly Bean.
    We know we are in there, we can see the color, we just can't do anything to speed up our being taken out of the jar -- Jelly Beans can't speak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just talked to a couple of people, not considering secret or anything but they have confirmed this to be true and there will be press released within the next few days confirming this.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    So, can we go in and kill them yet?

I seriously stopped thinking of these fucks as humans a while ago. Kill them all and be done with it.
    You realize that statements like these cause the hippies to want to throw their soybeans and tofu at you, right? I mean shit, ISIS could behead a hippie, and after his head is on the ground he'd still be telling you how much he thinks you are too aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
    You have

A. Oil (That keeps the USA afloat)
    &
    B. Money (investments in war material - soldiers - etc...)
    Most oil consumed in America does not come from OPEC member nations.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

You know you're extreme when Al Quida distances themselves from you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Most oil consumed in America does not come from OPEC member nations.
    Shh, it's comments like these that shine a bright light on the uninformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

It's is amazing and disheartening to see that no country in the Western world cares enough to actually sent in some troops to actually end this threat. Bombing them a bit here and there and arming local "fighters" isnt going to end this.
    When you actually put boots on the ground, you're inevitably looking at a long-term occupation. The US already has a few of those, and doesn't want another one. I think what they're wanting to do is give time for the middle eastern governments to come up with their own solution.

Also this affects Europe every bit as much as it does the US (perhaps even more so) I'm not sure why they don't ever step up to the plate here. With a combined GDP slightly higher than that of the US, it's not as if the US is in a better financial position.

10+ Year Old Account
    And in the meantime, the U.S. government continues to be good buddies with the head-chopping family dictatorship of Saudi Arabia.

"Kerry hails disgruntled Saudi Arabia as important US ally"
    "Saudi Arabia steps up beheadings; some see political message"
    "Saudi Arabia beheads seventh Pakistani in one month"

While there's no question that ISIL regime is truly evil, the fact that they regularly murder people by decapitation is not why the US government is opposed to them. Anyone who squawks about the "evils of ISIL" while ignoring what's happening the next country over is peddling a line of BS.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)