Difference more work orders makes?

So, initially I was under the assumption that more work orders = gain more but I've come to realize this isn't the case? I don't know if i'm getting this wrong somehow but it seems to do 1 and each one takes 4 hours so even at level 1 as long as you come back to your garrison without 28 hours to load it back up to max then your going to get the exact same amount back as you would from a level 3?

Many of the small buildings only gain from level 2 to level 3 are from 14 to 21 work orders which in reality is just no gain at all? (apart from those few times when you wont be able to get online for 5min within 2 days)

To the best of my understanding, that is correct...although if you don't have the profession, a level 3 profession building allows you to build things you otherwise can't (I think, I know level 2 does). If you *do* have the matching profession, I don't believe there are any gains other than being able to let it go for 84 hours before having to queue up more work orders. So, in short, the last buildings you should upgrade to level 3 in your garrison should be profession buildings that you have the corresponding professions for.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2014-11-18 at 10:22 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's a few that get more than just increased work orders.

Salvage yard enables you to get the salvage that has player items in it.
    Barn lets you capture elites for savage bloods.
    Inn gives treasure hunting missions.
    Lumber mill lets you chop large trees + follower for more more resources per work order.
    Gladiator sanctum gives you a passive "shield wall" buff <35%hp, and the Highmaul Colosseum.
    Trading post increases rep gains by 20% (account wide).
    War mill/Bunker gives a free bonus roll per week.
    Barracks gives +5 follower cap.
    Mage tower gives a third waygate.
    Stables gives +20% mount speed.
    Workshop gives you a siege vehicle.

Fishing hut gives you a ton of things, Nat Pagle, enormous fish in garrison, Lunker quests.
    Herb farm gives a tree that gives out food buffs.
    Pet place gives some daily quest.
    Mine stops the goren from spawning and makes all nodes rich, and unlocks another wing.

I'll keep my profession buildings at level 2, just enough to be able to assign a follower to it. I'll log-in at least once every 56 hours anyway, so no point going for a level 3 building yet.

That is correct.
    Each extra workorder ONLY grants you an additional 4 hours before you need to login and check that character. Extra work orders ONLY help alts.

So if you can live with not having a bank in your garrison, the storehouse is not so worth it.