What is life tap still a skill?

Short and sweet guys. Why do we still have this outdated skill for demo and afflic?
    Destro has no need to worry about mana, only their secondary resource. It just feels so clunky and useless.

Got my demo lock to 100 yesterday, Granted not having as much fun on it as I did in MOP (DAMN YOU BLIZZARD!!!) but it's not too painful.

I also grabbed Glyph of life pack. Oh did my eyes glisten in the sun light when I saw passive mana cost reduction!!!! But then I kept reading...........
    75% health is extremely harsh, and makes this glyph ridiculously situational, as in, I really can't think of a time when this could be useful.
    Does anyone else feel that life tap is outdated and should be a candidate for removal from the game? Or should I just go sit in the corner and think about my transgressions?

At this stage It looks like I'll be hanging up my lock pants and trying out something new for Warlords raiding, maybe something in black.

Deleted
    I always found Life Tap an iconic warlock ability so I would be sad to see it go if they decided to do that.
    I've been playing Destro quite a lot lately and RoF in our single target rotation hurts our mana regen a lot (but that's because RoF shouldn't be a single target increase).

10+ Year Old Account
    We very recently had a long thread on this, OP, I don't think we should do all that discussion over in a new thread. Feel free to join that discussion over here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-still-a-thing

CLOSED.