Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedia View Post
    This is beyond stupid. "Fanatics" didn't attack him for being a scientist, they called him out for wearing a shirt that was not appropriate at that time.
    And yet, nobody says anything about him not covering his tattoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Because most people are over the whole tattoo being taboo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the people who are doing the attacking are pro Tattoo. While the many people who were offended by the tattoos, not being radical assholes, decided to not harass the poor guy.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

He looks like he's wondering where his testicles are.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Said it in the previous thread and I'll say it in this one, this isn't feminism, this is just stupid first world problems.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Said it in the previous thread and I'll say it in this one, this isn't feminism, this is just stupid first world problems.
    well, its a radical form of it, but it certainly isnt feminism as a whole. I stated before, feminazis are feminists, but not all feminists are feminazi's. I would venture to say the normal feminists outnumber the feminazis, but the vocal feminazis outnumber the vocal normal people. This last part is the main problem, and it needs to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Because the people who are doing the attacking are pro Tattoo. While the many people who were offended by the tattoos, not being radical assholes, decided to not harass the poor guy.
    I'm more talking about how people fall back on the 'it's unprofessional' thing but that's not really an argument that holds up when they ignored the tattoos.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow godamn, I just watched his apologize here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHLEbIXc7O0
    And wtf I feel so bad for him! He was crying for gods sake, and Im not a big fan of it being posted naked women everywhere and his shirt wasnt even that bad.. And he is soooo sad, it made my heart ache This is wrong on so many levels.
    Just wanted to hug the damn guy..

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Now this is where i do my best Endus impression.

*Swigs from his bottle of male syrup... I mean maple*

Dis muhsoggyknee will not be repeated a ford time.

Lock.
    I see why Endus is such a stick in the mud sometimes.

He probably is more patient then me and realizes that the Ops of Matt Taylor threads are oblivious to moderators continuously locking them and stating not to mention it anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more talking about how people fall back on the 'it's unprofessional' thing but that's not really an argument that holds up when they ignored the tattoos.
    I don't see the similarity.

Tattoos are okay if you can cover them.

I wish he had the guts to say "I helped land a on a goddamned comet and I'll wear what I want, fuck off."

The fact that he's so hurt makes the whole situation 10 times worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    I see why Endus is such a stick in the mud sometimes.

He probably is more patient then me and realizes that the Ops of Matt Taylor threads are oblivious to moderators continuously locking them and stating not to mention it anymore.
    Its why I think this one should stay open. I think the topic is infuriating enough to keep spawning more if the previous gets locked. Just need to keep the rabid anti women people banned, and keep making the distinction that extremism opinions like this dont reflect the more moderate stances of feminism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    well, its a radical form of it, but it certainly isnt feminism as a whole. I stated before, feminazis are feminists, but not all feminists are feminazi's. I would venture to say the normal feminists outnumber the feminazis, but the vocal feminazis outnumber the vocal normal people. This last part is the main problem, and it needs to be fixed.
    Apparently the real feminist movement just needs a new name, because the harpies have appropriated it and all the internet shitheads believe the militant amazonian matriarchy = feminism.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    I wish he had the guts to say "I helped land a on a goddamned comet and I'll wear what I want, fuck off."

The fact that he's so hurt makes the whole situation 10 times worse.
    Exactly, people should just stand up to the people with extreme views for once. People cowering and issuing forced apologies only empowers the stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Apparently the real feminist movement just needs a new name, because the harpies have appropriated it and all the internet shitheads believe the militant amazonian matriarchy = feminism.
    Religion, politics, gaming, sports, no matter what it is there's always a small portion of fanatics that make the rest of the group look crazy. That doesn't mean the whole group is crazy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its why I think this one should stay open. I think the topic is infuriating enough to keep spawning more if the previous gets locked. Just need to keep the rabid anti women people banned, and keep making the distinction that extremism opinions like this dont reflect the more moderate stances of feminism.
    It'll be like all other "god dammit feminism" threads and run out of gas.

I don't see how moderators can sit down and do this shit for free. It's pretty much why I don't have grievances with any of them (not that I ever really would. I wouldn't cuss out a referee for a shitty call)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the moderates need to take a page out of their playbook and grow a spine and a voice, but neglect the stupid content.

I was actually tlaking with someone earlier, and he had a point. He stated "You dont engage the crazies. You only give them legitimacy. Only engage those with credibility in your field or other important areas."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It'll be like all other "god dammit feminism" threads and run out of gas.

I don't see how moderators can sit down and do this shit for free. It's pretty much why I don't have grievances with any of them (not that I ever really would. I wouldn't cuss out a referee for a shitty call)
    Favorite song to sing at football games: "Lets sing a song for the referees! 3 blind mice, 3 blind mice..." xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to own that shirt just because this guy is a bad ass, and pissing of crazy bitches is just a great added side effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the moderates need to take a page out of their playbook and grow a spine and a voice, but neglect the stupid content.

I was actually tlaking with someone earlier, and he had a point. He stated "You dont engage the crazies. You only give them legitimacy. Only engage those with credibility in your field or other important areas."

- - - Updated - - -

Favorite song to sing at football games: "Lets sing a song for the referees! 3 blind mice, 3 blind mice..." xD
    Heh,

I think I only got into it with a referee once in an athletic event. If you've ever seen High school wrestling, you'll notice that the heavyweight matches tend to be matches of upper bodys and no attempted leg takedowns. This reduces and intense sport to two fat fucks in a boring battle of who has better hand eye coordination and who can get an escape after opting to go down at the start of the 2nd or third period and preventing his opponent from doing the same.

If one of the fattys gets an escape, they basically stall out the rest of the match because of fatigue and wrestling conservatively. If they make the stalling obvious, they get penalized.

Got tired of a dude beating me throughout the year by stalling and the same ref never calling him for it. I snapped at the start of the third period and shouted "come on now, he's been fucking stalling all year and you haven't called shit" and got ejected.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-11-19 at 03:27 AM.

That is feminism when applied to the US and Europe. I realize there's a good ol' motte-and-bailey defense where they retreat to saying that it's just about equality when called on shit like this, but in practice, this is where we're at for Western feminism at this point. At best, feminism is a tainted brand and people that have specific issues they'd like to take up are better off arguing the issues without the label.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also not an argument that holds up around anyone that's spent any significant amount of time around scientists. Yeah, there's still times where being buttoned-down is best, and this probably really was one of them, but it shouldn't be particularly surprising to us when a scientist is a bit of a character and doesn't fit the Corporate America paradigm.

- - - Updated - - -

Right. We can still have nice things (well, I don't know if they're nice, but you know what I mean). Threads about gun control, politics, and the like are super polarizing and attract huge douchebags - that's a bit like this. We can rid douchebaggery without tossing out the whole topic.

15+ Year Old Account

Admittedly the real feminist movements have already done this. Emma Watson gave a little one liner about how feminism wasn't about man hating and moved on. People seem dissatisfied that the moderates don't spend hours disowning the crazies.