10+ Year Old Account

Death From Above Energy Cost

Anybody agree that the energy cost on this talent is too high? I believe it should be equal to Eviscerate in terms of cost, so many times in combat I'm waiting to have enough energy for it.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

It's an AoE *and* a buffed Eviscerate. It would be silly to have it cost the same amount as one of the abilities that's part of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's 2 seconds lost on poisons and auto attacks. It would be silly to have it cost any amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    DFA turned into a gap closer...

And only if the evi's landed 100% of the time..
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

DFA sounded great in theory, using it in game it seemed like a DPS loss instead of just using normal attacks. For a 5 CP ability...it seemed weak.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    It's an AoE *and* a buffed Eviscerate. It would be silly to have it cost the same amount as one of the abilities that's part of it.
    The problem is it isn't at all competitive with the other level 100 talents for combat at an increased cost. In its current (maybe bugged) state DfA does appear to be the strongest talent on that tier for combat but thats almost entirely on the strength of the extra cp gen and not because of the bonus evis damage and pulse damage.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    The problem is it isn't at all competitive with the other level 100 talents for combat at an increased cost. In its current (maybe bugged) state DfA does appear to be the strongest talent on that tier for combat but thats almost entirely on the strength of the extra cp gen and not because of the bonus evis damage and pulse damage.
    For all we know that's intended. It's not like it was a secret that the "normal" version was a DPS loss from theorycrafting. It could be a bug that they're not fixing on purpose because it would suck otherwise, or they could just be oblivious. All 3 seem plausible to me.

You get most (all) of the energy back by the time the move finishes and you get refunded the 25 energy anyway, and I do find myself waiting around for it often. I have a few openers worked out now where I don't have to wait for it, but really I agree it shouldn't cost so much, especially when it's used as a gap closer.

The fact that it fails to even hit quite often and also CCs yourself for a couple seconds are other issues.

Really though, I don't think ANY of our finishers should have an energy cost at all. We're already paying for them with combo points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    In its current (maybe bugged) state DfA does appear to be the strongest talent on that tier for combat but thats almost entirely on the strength of the extra cp gen and not because of the bonus evis damage and pulse damage.
    Im sorry im not lvl 100 yet. What do you mean by that?

Death from Above refunds 1 cp per target hit with the AE component.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Death from Above refunds 1 cp per target hit with the AE component.
    It's actually 2 + num_targets. Using a 5 point DfA on one mob leaves you with 3 CP. 3 mobs leaves you with 5, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree at our current haste levels, DfA can take a lifetime to accumulate energy.. I imagine by the end of the expansion it will be good to have an energy dump. Either way, sick of seeing hunters and warriors facerolling their way to dps victory.