Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear they are expecting another 2-3 ft over the next day or so. Also to those that were talking about how you should stay in your car during a blizzard wouldn't you have to turn your car off to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
    Last edited by Tierbook; 2014-11-21 at 04:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The situation is absolutely terrible!

Down here in Texas my car had a thin layer of frost on it and I had to wait like... 5 minutes for it to warm and be able to see through the windows. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!?
    In Canada we just use a scraper to scrape it off.

It's so effing cold in Florida though / it hit like 65 degrees and I had to go buy a comforter to go on my bed. This is gonna be a rough year !
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I hear they are expecting another 2-3 ft over the next day or so. Also to those that were talking about how you should stay in your car during a blizzard wouldn't you have to turn your car off to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
    Yes, you do; which is why some of the advice in this thread is alarmingly dangerous. Saying "Well stay in the car with it on til its out of gas if you are stuck in the snow!" is like saying "Lock yourself in a small metal box with no ventilation and pump car exhaust into it!"
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Yes, you do; which is why some of the advice in this thread is alarmingly dangerous. Saying "Well stay in the car with it on til its out of gas if you are stuck in the snow!" is like saying "Lock yourself in a small metal box with no ventilation and pump car exhaust into it!"
    Do you even carbon monoxide bro? It's lighter than air. It goes up. So unless up is blocked and your car is encased in a solid, non porous solid container, running your car outdoors is never a carbon monoxide hazard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Do you even carbon monoxide bro? It's lighter than air. It goes up. So unless up is blocked and your car is encased in a solid, non porous solid container, running your car outdoors is never a carbon monoxide hazard.
    You are 100% aware that if you are trapped in snow, the snow is PROBABLY up to your tailpipe, which can easily be blocked, causing it to go into your car, correct?

You are giving advice that has killed people in the past.
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    And when all this snow melts its an even bigger disaster at hands, less loss of life though always some comfort.