Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Yeah, your burst at the start of fights is not real single target dps. The maximum simmed dps for an ilvl 630 hunter is 20699. I mean, if we want to talk maximum burst, I hit 68k single target the other day as a ret paladin. Went into a boss pull with 5 holy power, popped Seraphim, Avenging Wrath, Holy Avenger and Scabbard of Kyanos. Someone popped drums and I got a fuckload of crits and multistrikes. Could have been even more dps if I'd used a pot, but it was just a 5 man so I didn't bother.

That does not mean my real single target dps over a period of infinity is 68k. It's much closer to 22k at 643 ilvl.
    Wo said something about my burst ?
    I burst just a little bit lower than 100k.

I know it is a short duration fight but if you really want to raid heroic you should be able to pull more than 12k DPS easily on every single class.

http://i.imgur.com/GOJDx64.jpg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Wow reading some of these comments from the dps tryhards. Let me just say this. I'm glad I don't have some of you in my group cause you're probably the type that stand in the bad just to pad the meters. I'd rather be in a group with someone who does 12k and doesn't take unnecessary damage than someone who does 15k, but stands in shit.
    15k really isn't a a high estimate, though, nor is it "elitist". Sure, not standing in shit is more important than pure dps, but players that are terrible at doing damage usually aren't the best at watching the fight either. 12k is low, 15k is middle and 18k is probably top-end sustained in 635 gear. Dps rotations aren't really that difficult anymore, which means that you won't ever encounter the scenario that you describe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I read that as in "what you should be doing to pull your weight, ie to clear the shit minimum". You're obviously reading it as "How much a raider can perform (if he gotz da skeelz)"
    One can easily calculate the minimum amount of raid dps needed to kill the bosses right before enrage, so I doubt that's the question that OP wants answered.
    I'm reading his question as: What is a fair benchmark that I should set for my raiders, that will allow us to clear Highmaul without being completely blocked by bosses for a longer period of time?
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2014-12-02 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I can't believe people in here think 12k dps right now is okay going into heroic... I don't even take people into CM's if they can't do 18k or more. Let me remind you your scaled down 630 in CM's so there's no excuse. Any real raider will be pushing 20k+ from the start. In fact my entire guild pushes over this already, but best of luck to the lot of you.
    I would love to see 630 fire mage pulling 20k sustained
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I would love to see 630 fire mage pulling 20k sustained
    np at all. I finish all CM fights above 20k, even without hero.

Oh Christ, this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    On topic : In normal modes 15k will be benchmark to progress smoothly, in heroic 20k
    what a bullshit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    No you don't (as fire mage)

Deleted
    What non-sense is written in this thread is unbelievable.

12k dps for heroic seems about right.

The content is tuned for 630. Heroic is equivalent to normal previously.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17P.html

In a patchwerk fight with no movement the dps ranges from 16k-22k if you play
    1. absolutely flawless rotation
    2. perfect buff situation

In general almost no fight is "no movement". Take away 10% dmg because you won't pull off a 100% flawless rotation and 20% because you are likely moving around, unless you are a hunter and you are looking at more like 11k-15k dps as a theoretical maximum in 630 gear.

Usually raids are not tuned in a way that you can only beat them by everyone performing close to the theoretical maximum dps and if they are it is for Mythic or in previous expansions dps checks (Vaelastrasz, Patchwerk, Brutallus come to mind)

For the minimum DPS requirement, you have to do <MAX HP divided on ENRAGE TIMER>. Fairly easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i recently finished ner'zul fight above 40k DPS in heroic mode, but it was solely because of how well 100% crit chance arrow from Inn quest bullshit + crystal + int pot + BL works together (8k PS combustion rocks), and fight ended, iirc, before i've got 4th blast wave available, it doesn't mean that you will be able to do the same in raid environment
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Screens or it didn't happen. I doubt it's even possible, and if it is, it's because the rest of your CM group is made up of hunters doing insane dps, finishing the fight too fast for your sustained dps to show.

20k or bust.

Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    20k or bust.
    I'd kick the filthy casual scum if people dare did 20k in my guild.

We set our DPS requirements at 30k+ for trials, and 40k+ for raiders in Heroic High Maul, else get guild kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well, i recently finished ner'zul fight above 40k DPS in heroic mode
    You can join my guild!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-12-02 at 10:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e-done&fight=2

DPS logs from Blizzcon liveraid where everyone were 665 equipped. This is also from world top guilds remember that.

This might give you some idea how stupid it sounds to ask 20k minimun dps from people with 630 gear.
    This post should have ended all "i do X DPS and if players in my raid doesnt do Y DPS, i will kick them". But i guess everyone on here is better in 630-640 gear than what Midwinter is in 665

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    One can easily calculate the minimum amount of raid dps needed to kill the bosses right before enrage, so I doubt that's the question that OP wants answered.
    I'm reading his question as: What is a fair benchmark that I should set for my raiders, that will allow us to clear Highmaul without being completely blocked by bosses for a longer period of time?
    Go ahead, calculate it. Now... you don't know what the enrage timers are. You don't know the setup of the raid, you don't know the boss hp. But hey, just go ahead and calculate it. I'm curious to see the result.

That is exactly what the OP is asking.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Closing the thread. Too much bashing, spam, trolling and to be honest its all speculation at this point.