Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Normal Barbie’ Comes With an Average Woman’s Proportions — and Cellulite-Sticker Acne

The New ‘Normal Barbie’ Comes With an Average Woman’s Proportions — and Cellulite-Sticker Accessories.

Pimples.

Scar.

Stretch marks.

http://time.com/3593968/the-new-norm...tension-packs/

So this is normal?

That looks more like White Trash Barbie.

The stickers are going a bit too far, but I think she's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    The stickers are going a bit too far, but I think she's cute.
    It's all about the stickers and the one on her forehead looks like herpes.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So this is normal?
    It kind of is. And that's the whole point.

It's all about the stickers and the one on her forehead looks like herpes.
    I thought it was all about her proportions, and the stickers were accessories.

I thought it was all about her proportions, and the stickers were accessories.
    It's both. I think the doll would be great without the stickers. Seems to gimmicky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it. I throw one her way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    would boff

It's both. I think the doll would be great without the stickers. Seems to gimmicky.
    I agree. There's no need to traumatize little girls by taunting them with what's probably going to happen to their bodies one day. Being a fact of life doesn't mean something has to be glamorized.

But the doll by herself is pretty cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    The doll's proportions look fine to me. The stickers are just weird though.

I never had an issue with Barbie's proportions though. They were cartoonishly exaggerated, just like we cartoonishly exaggerate everything for children.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The stickers are a bit strange to me personally, but the doll itself looks great to me. Granted I'm no doll expert

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I never had an issue with Barbie's proportions though. They were cartoonishly exaggerated, just like we cartoonishly exaggerate everything for children.
    People need to learn to pick their battles more wisely. Barbie is harmless, though I do think it's unnecessary how her waist is a fraction of what it was in the 60s-80s.

I think shit like Nickelodeon being reluctant to produce Korra because the bigwigs didn't think a girl could star in an action cartoon is more problematic, but luckily, those assholes had to eat those words.

The stretch marks look gross. But also, most women will end up with their stripes at some point. Which is majorly stressful in terms of body image for many of those same women.

I think it's kinda cool but like also a failure. Not sure it is really a "toy" so much as a statement most kids won't really have context for, imo. So really no point in making a doll for 40 year women with three kids and stretch marks on their butt, stomach and boobs. We know already.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The stretch marks look gross. But also, most women will end up with their stripes at some point. Which is majorly stressful in terms of body image for many of those same women.

I think it's kinda cool but like also a failure. Not sure it is really a "toy" so much as a statement most kids won't really have context for, imo. So really no point in making a doll for 40 year women with three kids and stretch marks on their butt, stomach and boobs. We know already.
    The stickers are an optional accessory that the doll doesn't come with by default.

So anybody who actually buys the doll is just buying a doll with realistic human proportions.

I really don't know what to make of all this negativity about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That scar... did someone steal her kidney???
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

I feel like people really want to hate this doll, due to pop culture fueled cognitive dissonance, but that it's so harmless a product that nobody knows how to even begin with it. (Which is probably why it smashed it's kickstarter goals and sold out well into the new year).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    That scar... did someone steal her kidney???
    Move it to the other side and it could be an appendectomy scar, really common.

10+ Year Old Account
    Move it to the other side and it could be an appendectomy scar, really common.
    It's on her left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

10+ Year Old Account
    Always thought dolls looked creepy as a kid just staring at you with their soulless eyes but seriously never put much thought into it. This issue with Barbie is really more about butt hurt adults than kids.