Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    klosterbro has nothing on me

Have also raised by crit, the 45% dodge from elusive brew is a god send and faster generations definitely help. It's easy to have 15 stacks up in time by the time your groups CC chain falls off mass pulls. Will be interesting to see how it fairs going into Mythic though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manler View Post
    You may very well be right. I've raised my crit and I've been enjoying the results with increased elusive brew
    To me being able to dodge 45% of attacks more often is working better than 5% more stagger from mastery.
    The bonus AP from Mastery isn't anything to laugh at either, it scales up our self heals and guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Moofarah View Post
    Have also raised by crit, the 45% dodge from elusive brew is a god send and faster generations definitely help. It's easy to have 15 stacks up in time by the time your groups CC chain falls off mass pulls. Will be interesting to see how it fairs going into Mythic though
    If tier 17 is anything like tier 14 (and I think that it will be), your crit isn't going to save you as much as you might think. Especially on the harder hitting bosses? You're going to find that even getting a bit more mastery will help your survivability LOADS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    If tier 17 is anything like tier 14 (and I think that it will be), your crit isn't going to save you as much as you might think. Especially on the harder hitting bosses? You're going to find that even getting a bit more mastery will help your survivability LOADS.
    I think many people still don't realize stagger, unlike every other form of DR is additive, and therefor mastery gets stronger and stronger the more stagger you have. People don't get it if they simply think 5% stagger is 5% DR in a perfect scenario, because it can be far more then that. If blizzard buffs base stagger like they where talking about in the tweet that only makes mastery even stronger then it already is.

CMs are easy enough to tank - not going for gold rankings but silver/bronze depending on the group make up are typical. I'm playing BA > mastery > crit = vers > haste = MS (I don't care for either stat particularly atm).

The stagger mechanic has changed significantly and realistically was poorly understood in MoP and has become more involved in WoD so no surprises why some BrM (I would say the majority) are going to be left scratching their heads. Healer's say I'm the easiest to heal out of my guilds tank/OS tanks and our best healer blurted out, "Why don't we let our BrM tank more often?" Shortly after he said he has started auto attacking to fill in time in heroics lol.

If BrM got buffed it would make the top end too strong.

Deleted
    Hi All!

Julian, could you please explain the "stagger mechanic has changed significantly" part a bit?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Balancedbrew View Post
    Hi All!

Julian, could you please explain the "stagger mechanic has changed significantly" part a bit?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Balance
    The mechanic hasn't really changed so much as how we deal with it has. Brewmasters have to purify a lot more often now because the damage intake is more serious than back in Mists.

To explain a little further. Your stagger color is measured by % of your total health. (<30 Green, <50 Yellow, >50 Red iirc). In MoP healers (and even your own selfheals) could top you off with a single heal or two. What blizzard did was tone back the strength of healing a bit.

*these numbers aren't exact by any means, just to show as an example*

So now what healed you for 80% of your hp (as an example) now heals you for about 40% of your hp.

Then after that they doubled player health which again effectively nerfed healers relative to health pools. Now that heal hitting you for 80% of your health is hitting you for 20% of your health.

This is important because if you're going by stagger %, that 50% stagger on us is now 25% and shows up as green which in MoP was seen as something you didn't bother with when in reality you're taking a good bit of damage relative to the strength of your healers. So now instead of waiting until you see red or even yellow, you'll often times want to purify more often to smooth and reduce the overall damage you take because it actually amounts to quite a bit.

TL;DR Stagger didn't actually change, just player health pools and healer strength relative to those pools did which has the effect of how stagger appears to us to where it could potentially lull newer/less informed players into a false sense of security where they're taking a lot of extra damage that isn't necessary.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Stagger color is actually based on the % health per tick.

Red stagger = >6% health per tick, yellow is >3% per tick, and green is >0% per tick.

The above posts pretty much said it for me - although stagger was unchanged other factors (HP pools, talents, tank damage & self healing capability namely) have meant the way we deal with stagger has quite significantly. To me BrM game play and stagger has changed enough that I looked at it with fresh eyes (i.e. a new mechanic).

Does anyone have any opinions on our trinkets.

I'm assuming we want bonus armor on both?

If so, which of the following 2 do we want to aim for. (Assuming we obtain it from heroics and no where else)

- skyreach one (Solar Containment Unit)
    - Bloodmaul Slag mines one (Toria's Unseeing eye)
    - Everbloom (Unhatched Egg Sac)
    - Everbloom (Witherbarks branch)
    - Iron docks (Enforcer's stun grenade)
    - Iron Docks (Kihra's adrenaline injector)

Also, is the consensus to get as much bonus armor as possible? So bonus armor on cloak, rings, trinkets?

Deleted
    Thanks for the feedback guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Does anyone have any opinions on our trinkets.

I'm assuming we want bonus armor on both?

If so, which of the following 2 do we want to aim for. (Assuming we obtain it from heroics and no where else)

- skyreach one (Solar Containment Unit)
    - Bloodmaul Slag mines one (Toria's Unseeing eye)
    - Everbloom (Unhatched Egg Sac)
    - Everbloom (Witherbarks branch)
    - Iron docks (Enforcer's stun grenade)
    - Iron Docks (Kihra's adrenaline injector)

Also, is the consensus to get as much bonus armor as possible? So bonus armor on cloak, rings, trinkets?
    Hi,

yes, you want to have BA on every slot possible, because it is really strong.
    For trinkets: Just grab what has more Itemlevel, for example I´ve got the Solar Unit Warforged and with an Tertiary stat...so even if the haste isn´t as good as compared to the multistrike one (which isn´t very great either) take what you will bring more stats. The DMF cards for tanks aren´t that expensive atm and the crit procc it has isn´t that bad, so if you have some gold to spent, this wouldn´t be a bad choice either (you could upgrade it, too).
    Personally, I don´t really like trinkets with an on use effect, that´s why I didn´t take Enforcer's stun grenade into account (and because it didn´t drop for 20 runs or so -.-)

I'm currently using Torias and unhatched. Cant go wrong with BA and mastery on trinkets.